Moderator needed

• Hello Cysters! We need a moderator for the PCOS forum. If you are interested, PM me. Here is what we are looking for:

At least 100 posts, has been a member for at least 3 months, and is a regular visitor.

Open minded enough to get along with others and their sometimes very different views! A mod has to be flexible with other's opinions, not 'my way or the highway'. We've had some people like that on this forum in the past!

Some knowledge of PCOS. If not, then the desire to learn about it. I can give you some good links.

Hmm, that's about it. A moderator is active in the forum, stops arguments (although I have to say that is extrememely rare on 3FC, we have 99.9% wonderful chicks!) and nips spammers in the bud. Kinda like a den mother for chicks on diets.

Oh yeah, it doesn't pay anything but you do get admission to the Hen's Roost forum, and mine and Suzanne's undying gratitude!
  • that leaves me out ( darn ) not enough posting in!!
  • argh @ the 100 posts

I'm active on 3FC plus I know alot on PCOS and have many many friends .. related
  • Sorry guys! Hey, if nobody that has over 100 posts wants it, I'll probably start moving backwards on the requirements...if there are enough posts to establish regularity, sanity (only partly is necessary!) and in general a happy healthy weight loss attitude then we might be able to work something out. Meanwhile, keep posting !

PS - If this gets to be a busy forum, we can add another mod!
  • OOOO OOO, I am going to post my life away now Well if you do decide to backslide, I am very game for this.
  • I had a death in the family. I won't be able to post as much as Melissa till after the weekend with the wake/funeral *sigh*
  • Don't anyone get in a rush to make posts for this We're in no hurry to add a mod to this forum.

Btw, it would probably be best if the moderator has pcos, to better understand the symptoms and relate to the group.
  • I have PCOS. I was Dx'd in 95. I am not a postaholic to get my number up
    I will just wait and see what happens. I just want you to know I would be able to help out.

Sorry abt your loss Annex *hugs* Please don;t worry abt me posting to reach the goal
  • Darn! I got here too early too! I am still a newbie here, but I definitely not a newbie to being a chat moderator, PCOS, or socialization with others.
    I have been chatting online since 1991. I met my husband online on a local BBS (chat line & forum type of thing) in 1991. We have been together ever since. Our "Big 10" year annversary is this November 10th. I have worked on a few BBSes (chat lines, forum messages, etc) as a moderator & systems operator (SYSOP) and even ran my own for a bit, so I know what kind of time you put into this to make it work and keep people interested.
    Now for the PCOS Part... I have had this disease for YEARS, but I didn't get an official diagnosis until 1998. I have never used birth control but got pregnant only 2 times in my life. 1st pregnancy was perfect, 2nd one was awful. I was pregnant with twins and mis-carried the 1st one and the 2nd one was a tubal that blew up inside of me and almost killed me. Right after that it seems like the PCOS got worse. I started getting the dry eyes, acne, hair growth (in places I did NOT want it), weight gain, itchy skin, heart arrythmias, missed periods, EXTREMELY tired all the time, feeling bloated, swollen, etc.
    My 1st doctor put me on clomid, but that didn't help any cept make me cranky. Then we moved to a colder climate than what we were in before and I started getting REALLY sick. I went to the Drs. and it turned out I had 3 different forms of arthritis! I was on so many different drugs, pills, even chemotherapy for 3 years but I just continued to get sicker and sicker from all of these things so we finally moved in 2001 down to nice dry hot Arizona so my bones could de-frost and I could get somewhat better. Well, I got better arthritis wise, (I mean I still take celebrex but I managed to get off of the chemo) but the PCOS just got worse and worse. I had damaged my liver from the chemo treatments, which in turn screwed up my pancreas/insulin levels along with the PCOS, so I became a borderline diabetic. Well, here I was thinking most of this was arthritis related, but then I went to my GYN who actually took the time to take care of me and he told me he believes all of this stems from the PCOS wrecking havoc on my chemical systems in my body. He also recommended a hysterectomy due to the fact that I had periods only every 3 months, but when I did, I would bleed so bad I would almost hemmorage and I'd get sick from that too! So this June, I went ahead and had the Hysterectomy and he got a chance to see the ovaries in person and guess what? Totally Polycystic..full of pus, cysts, underdevloped eggs, gunk, etc.. What a mess they were! If he could "repair" the ovaries, he didn't want to take them out because of my age (almost 33 here) so they wound up staying in. He cauterized the ovaries and drained out all of the pus and gunk.
    I can tell you that as soon as I had this done, I felt so much better. It is very weird..it is like your body isnt "poisoned" and swollen anymore. Well ok I still am a little swollen from arthritis but I can definitely feel the difference otherwise! I dont get extremely tired like I use too, and I have lost 12 pounds since surgery! I am still not totally fixed though so now I am going to see an endocrinologist this Tuesday to start some form of medication for the PCOS, and hopefully with that and the work my Dr. did on my ovaries I will lose the weight a little easier. It really sucked because I couldn't lose very much weight, for YEARS, no matter what I did. I tried it all, including diet and exercise (I Love to skate, garden, bowl, etc.) nothing worked..I was in a depression, and in turn got snackier, and of course that didn't help matters any so I know how it is. I really do! if anyone could offer support on this disease it's me. Never give up!! That's my motto...I almost did and I am so glad I didnt!!