Losing to Maintain Again

You're on Page 34 of 34
Go to
  • Saef-- hope you have something fun and relaxing planned for the long weekend. You reminded me that I also have a 3 day weekend but hubby doesn't. Hmm... I'll have to see what I want to fill my day with!

My weight keeps rising again. Sigh.... Today I'm going to an author luncheon where I don't know what will be served. Hopefully it isn't too caloric. It's raining again so no dog walks this morning. Got me to work early but no steps!
  • Michele - the trip thing with your yoga friend is weird to me. I had a friend from high school who got stationed in Japan with the Air Force, he sent me a ticket to visit out of the blue while he was there. But, we had been talking regularly. And it was still weird.

Saef- I hope you get some down time this weekend.

I've not bought fast food breakfast any day this week. I'm calling that a win, after the last couple of months. Baby steps.
  • Quote: I've not bought fast food breakfast any day this week. I'm calling that a win, after the last couple of months. Baby steps.
    That IS a win Shannon.

Dagmar
  • Quote: That IS a win Shannon.

Dagmar
    Agreed! Baby steps.
  • Friday morning, and I'm at 155.9. What Shannon said: "Baby steps."

At the end of yesterday's six meetings, I should have sent some emails as the "to do" items from those meetings, but I didn't. I went home and stared at the TV for a while, in a stupor. The press conference was playing on cable news, which didn't help.

I am deeply tired this morning but I have to keep going for another eight hours.
  • Yes, baby steps. It's got to be, really, to be sustainable. Trying to get a grip on my eating patterns which have become a bit off piste since starting this low-carb venture.

Have just shifted (thrown) a pickup load of logs from the centre of the track to somewhere else so cars can pass. Did this alone and at speed. This job really shows me that I'm pretty fit. Then I split old pieces of wood for kindling while the SO barrowed the logs and the DB stacked. More to do in half an hour or so. Having a rest and keeping up with a few world events. Mon dieu!
  • At the hospital this morning. My grandfather was admitted to ICU last night in my hometown two hours away from here, and then transferred to a hospital half an hour from me here in Atlanta overnight. He just turned 85 this past Monday. My mom is a nurse, says things don't look good. I'm hoping she is just giving me worst case. His kidney numbers are bad, electrolytes out of whack, blood platelets are low. They have him on a dialysis catheter to do a plasma exchange,and I have no idea what that means.

Still no fast food breakfast today.
  • Thinking of you, Shannon.

Very good work on breakfast. You have had something to eat, though, haven't you?
  • I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, Shannon. Kudos on skipping the fast food though!

My only living relative is my Uncle (my mom's brother). Today is his birthday. He lives in Rhode Island and has been in failing health for many years. I sent a card but just thinking of him as a shadow of his former self saddens me greatly. He is about your grandfather's age-- I've lost count-- I think he may be older...

My luncheon yesterday had a last minute venue change to a restaurant so I was able to choose my meal. Chose pretty wisely but weight is still up more. Tonight is "pizza" night which dh looks forward to greatly so I've promised myself I'll limit myself to 2 pieces (it's actually pretty healthy-- extremely thin crust, organic healthy veg for toppings, no cheese....
  • Sorry to hear about your grandfather, Shannon. This on top of everything else. I hope things turn for the good for him.

A win for me for breakfast would be not resorting to a tortilla topped with cheese while waiting for the painters to arrive. Hopefully they'll be done soon so I don't have to stick around the house waiting and starting to feel hungry.
  • Them that nag when the post count exceeds 500 are warming up, LOL.
  • New thread...
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...ont-other.html

Alright, made a new thread. Check it out. Don't know how to close this thread, though.