Getting Out Of the 230 and 220s

You're on Page 5 of 33
Go to
  • Every day, kittens, every day...but, hey, you're losing so you're way ahead of me!

Today is day 5 of meticulous counting and I'm down 1.8lb....Calories were up too high yesterday, although it didn't seem like I ate that much as it was a loooong day. I was up at 4am for a day-long, out of town conference. Wasn't happy about a 3hr drive at 5am, but I made it there and back in one piece. Today, I'm back at my run-around-all-day job, and after a day of sitting, I'm looking forward to being on my feet.
  • SeeMyFeet. HUG. Being not alone in this feels so much better. Here is hoping you will have a good, somewhat relaxing day. Early morning wake ups are the worst.
  • Kitten: Yeah, I know how you feel. You lose a bunch of weight and you should feel glorious! But, for me, there is still weight to lose. I see pictures and I'm just not where I want to be. I guess that's why we have to keep working on it. Fun times!!

SeeMyFeet: Nice loss! Good for you!! Maybe with all the running around today, you'll drop some more!!

For me, I have had a pretty good week of staying on plan. I'm off work tomorrow for Veteran's Day. Looking forward to being at home, but I need to be extra diligent so that I don't overeat. It is easier for me at work, where I don't have all the choices!!
  • kittens: I love fall, the colors and crispness set against the bright blue skies, the final gifts of the harvest all of those are things I enjoy, spring follows with the colors and greeness you miss all winter long. This bare tree and cold thing, not a huge fan of! Granted we have been having indian summer thus far, but still the bare trees.

seeMy: good for you! Keep up the good work.

slash: enjoy your time away from the office. I hope you continue to do well!

AM: Ugh, I haven't been good this week but I am holding at about 238. I guess I have been readying my house w/everyones winter wear (bringing up from basement, launder etc) and then will dive into a big clean of house and garage and then Christmas shopping. I haven't really focused on my calories this week. Sometimes I am better than others, it just depends on the day.

I read an article where the gal lost 125 lbs in 10 months. I don't know if that's commitment or extreme. To me that sounds like a quick weight loss. I'd sure like it to move easier, but unless I put in the strong effort I maintain more than loose. I guess I got that down pat for the future

I will continue to work on it. I bought some new snazzy workout bottoms - I will have a big lavender butt moving at the gym. I thought why not, I need to find inspiration in little things. And I ordered some new tennis shoes. Perhaps seeing those feet flying will give me good gumption to get this crazy 10 lbs off for good.
    I will try and drag my DH to the gym with me tonight and tomorrow, we both need to go and in the end we feel better in mood once it's done.

Happy weekend to you all! Enjoy the last fleeting days of fall, I read winter storms are starting to brew. Oh hibernation sounds so fine with that!
  • Lemonthyme: It is hard when there is so much to do. I hope you can get to the gym and have a successful weekend!

For me, just getting some stuff done around the house. Not doing great with food.... But I did go to Body Flow this morning. Little victory.

Have a good weekend!!
  • I only lost 0.6 lbs this week. I went out to dinner and made bad choices, skipped out on the gym a few times, and ate ice cream when I wasn't supposed to. I don't think I'll make my Jan. 1st goal so maybe I need to lower the bar for myself.
  • JellyBelly: Well, it is another loss! So, that's good! Maybe backing off on a goal is a good plan for now. It doesn't help to stress out over it either.

For me, I am losing my mojo. I can feel the holiday distractions starting, and I just need to fight it off. I'll keep workouts going, but I need to be careful with staying on a food plan, and logging it all.
  • Slash: I hear you completely. I'm thinking ahead to gifts, baking, sewing and everything in between trying to balance my time. I will admit I've not been good with gym or food but scale is holding or dipping down a lb one day and going back up two days later. Sadly I think I will be focusing heavily once all the holidays are done and trying to do my best up through then.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the closeness of thanksgiving if here in US.
  • Lemonthyme: Yeah, I get that. Sometimes it is just better to try to make it through and then be ready to hit it hard in January. I just have to try very hard not to gain, as that is what I did last year.

For me, I am not going to be working out much for a while. I still have pain in my back/neck and now I'm beginning to think it is a pinched nerve. Someone mentioned that to me a while back, and after looking it up, I think it fits. I'm not planning on going to the doctor, just self-diagnosing for now. But the treatment is just to rest it as much as possible. So, I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving week to go back to workouts. I feel like working out like I did last week made it worse. So, that's it for now. I hate that, but I also can't stand the pain forever either.
  • slash: I think part of what irritates my whole body pain in part is my darn mattress. It's fairly new, but firmer than I think I like - you know you can't really "know" a mattress until you actually lay on it for more than 10 minutes. Alas, sure there are other issues, but heck, I hurt more when I am sleeping then I do when I am up some days. Treat yourself kindly until you make the decision to see the doctor. Are you icing/heating on a flip flop schedule? Do stretches help? Maybe mix those in and see if you feel better.

Hello All!

AM:
    I feel slimmer today, don't know if I am - haven't bothered with the scale the last two days. Bad, I do better when I do, but heck I will take the fleeting moment of feeling good about myself blindly.

It seems in some of the press they keep featuring articles on women who have lost 100+ lbs in 10-12 months. More power to them for remaining so focused and being able to shed that weight. I wish I was that committed or found that much ease in it. I don't. I couldn't begin to imagine loosing what, 10-12 lbs every month. I'd love to, but I just can't. Too me that seems too much once you are into your loss. I know my body is always the opposite of what I'd hope happens same with my food choices. I am also not saying it's a bad thing - just seems like such a quick loss for such a time frame. Oh well, sometimes I find inspiration in these articles, other times I have more questions then anything else.

The last of the hunting season for my DH happens this weekend. Thankfully, two weeks later it's done. I am not a good deer widow. I'd rather be doing all sorts of other things. Well, here's to more fighting with the scale!
  • Lemonthyme: Funny you say that about your mattress. I've thought the same thing about mine. It might be time for a change. But they are just so stupid expensive! Glad you are feeling good about yourself! That's nice to have that feeling!!

For me, just trying to focus on not overeating. I miss workouts for now, but I really want this to heal on its own so I don't have to go to a doctor. It still seems sore, but I'll give it through Thanksgiving and that following weekend before I try to do anything too active!!
  • UGH! Time is running away from me and I am so not on board the whole diet thing. I have been running with the whole deer hunting, the school thing, the church thing, the Christmas present thing - I haven't bothered counting a calorie or jumping on a scale in the last two weeks. I think I will be coasting until the new year when all activity comes to a screaming halt that first week after new years.

Happy thanksgiving to you all
    !

Slash: Ours is a newer mattress, however though it felt good at first, after a few nights of sleeping on it - not so much. My pressure points are continually aggravated by such. I know the cost is ridiculous and they are no longer made really to last more than 10 years from what i read. I read on the memory foam ones you need to do those every 8. And with them doing the one sided mattresses, that lessens their time too. Ugh - I am a firm believer that a good nights sleep ache free is where it's at!

Hello to the rest of you!
  • Hi Lemonthyme. I get it, too. It has just been so busy and I feel like things are just not happening right now for me. I will get back to the gym on Monday, and hopefully my back/neck will be better. It isn't great yet, but maybe by then, it will be rested. Food plan........ yeah, not so great.

I don't want to just put it all on the back burner, but at least for this week, it seems like there won't be much progress for me. I'll work on my attitude.....
  • I've been off my diet for almost 2 weeks. I'll get back on course starting Monday.
  • Ready to Bust Outa This Group :)
    You are all fine, fine people - but I'm so ready to bust out of the 220's! I began my journey at 243 about 6 weeks ago. Today I weigh 224, so just shy of 20 pounds down. With Thanksgiving (which I did REALLY well on) and my weekly cheat meal tonight, I know I'll be up in water weight for the next few days - but I believe I can break into the 2-teens in the next week or two. Good luck to everyone!

PS - I put together some side-by-sides of my progress so far. I can see the differences, which is really exciting. I am 5'3 and am curious to see other shorties progress pics as well. I'd love to swap because I love seeing how weightloss looks on other people of my similar stature. If anyone around my height/weight wants to see progress pics or share theirs, let me know!