Starting Out

• Hi, just started my new healthy eating, exercising lifestyle a few days ago and I'm starting to feel better. I moved to the UK from the US about a year ago and have put on about 2 stone I think with the move, starting a new job with long hours have put a lot of stress on my body and now it's time to take care of me I joined a gym and have made a point of not working late so I can work out at least 5 times a week and preparing my meals in advance so I'm not starving and reach for a bag of crisps.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • Hello and Welcome!!

Also Welcome to the UK!

I seem to of stopped looking after myself over winter, which saw a gain of about 18lbs on top of my already overweight frame. My plan was to lose just 1 lbs a week as I have a long way to go, and I didn't want to look like a big deflated sack of potatoes at my end goal. My final 2 months of University saw me maintain for 6 full weeks and I have been battling to catch up afterwards. I am currently 32lbs down and I am pretty pleased with myself.

I have phases of motivation to workout, I am currently pulling my butt out of a long slouch of having no motivation at all.

I am here for motivation if you need any! I am great at giving it out, not at taking it in lol
  • Welcome! What I have seen in my very short time here is everyone is going through the same battle but we are all fighting it in very different ways. In the end, we all need each other for support! So here I am.
    I am about to start this medically monitored plan using Optifast which is mostly liquid. I will attend weekly 2 hour meetings to have my vitals checked, weighed and speaking with behavioralists. I fully intend on making this a success and changing my life forever. I don't want to see the girl I see right now when I look in the mirror.
    I will be going to the UK for a visit when I hit my goal ... and I would LOVE to move there. (Who really WANTS to live here in the US right now?)
    You got this. We got this.
  • Thanks all so much for your warm welcome! Just a couple days in and I feel so much better. I'm doing the slow-carb system, so I can have some of the good carbs (beans, lentils, etc) so I don't feel completely washed out all the time; especially with working out a lot. I'm saving my one cheat day for either a Saturday or Sunday. As soon as I have a crave, I write it down so I can have it later and it makes me feel so much better

Congrats on all your accomplishments so far; it's truly amazing and inspiring!

And the UK is an amazing place to live; I fell in love with it from my first visit
  • Nikkinicole I hear you when you say who would want to live there right now, while I love the states and I miss the kids I was teaching at camp, every day I look at Facebook and wonder WTF is going on over there.

Our arms are open wide!! you are welcome here
    Well the Scots are usually more welcome than the rest of the UK lol But I am sure they will also be welcoming lol
  • I wouldn't be opposed to Scotland! Anywhere in the UK is FINE with me. I am so embarrassed at my country. We have ruined everything that the people before us built up ... and then the media has put the nail in the coffin with their irresponsible and false reporting. I am ashamed!!! I never thought I would want to move away and then ... now I can't imagine staying.
    It feels like a HUGE task. I don't even know where to start researching the move. Because I do seriously want to move out of this country.
  • I could say the same for us when the UK decided to leave the EU, but I don't want to start a fight on here of opinions lol
  • It's so true. One word and there's an all out war!
    I just am focusing on the visit for now. then, while I am there, I will find out how to move!

That UK visit is what is going to keep me on track and successful!!
  • Its great that you have a goal like that. I have 3 weddings and my 30th as goals, as you can see from my signature. I was at a wedding in October and all my mates (boys who I grew up with) wives and fiance's are all small in height and quite normal in weight, I then look like an ogre standing at 5"6 and at the time probably 318lbs. So my plan was to transform in a beautiful butterfly lol. I love the thought of being really toned and weight training. It doesn't help when people always tell me, but your such a beautiful girl...... I always think, well underneath all of this weight I am drop dead gorgeous lol
  • Goals like that are great to keep you motivated! I am aiming to lose 40lbs by the time I turn 40 in July
  • 40lbs by July! That is a great goal! I go 1lb a week, I find it really sustainable. You will rock it!
  • Quote: 40lbs by July! That is a great goal! I go 1lb a week, I find it really sustainable. You will rock it!
    Thanks so much! One week down and I feel amazing!
  • Optifast starter
    Hi! I am starting Optifast this week don't know yet when as they didn't receive my shakes yet!
    I had all medical check up last week and today she told me I won't be able to have 3 shakes a day but only 2 so I will have a proper lunch as per her "designed" plate... My BMI is 39,2 and I am 113kg for 1m70 ( 248 lbs for 5.6). I have a goal of -5 kg per month. I just hope to keep it up and reach my goal ... My target is to be fit to become a mum !

Have a great day all
  • [QUOTE=nikkinicole;5281036]Welcome! What I have seen in my very short time here is everyone is going through the same battle but we are all fighting it in very different ways. In the end, we all need each other for support! So here I am.
    I am about to start this medically monitored plan using Optifast which is mostly liquid. I will attend weekly 2 hour meetings to have my vitals checked, weighed and speaking with behavioralists. I fully intend on making this a success and changing my life forever. I don't want to see the girl I see right now when I look in the mirror.
    I will be going to the UK for a visit when I hit my goal ... and I would LOVE to move there. (Who really WANTS to live here in the US right now?)
    You got this. We got this.[/QUOTE

Hi
    When are you starting Optifast?
    I am probably starting next Monday !