How do you bake an apple?

• This is probably a silly question, but I don't cook. So, in Phase 2 you are allowed to have a baked apple for dessert. It sounds good but I have no idea how one would bake an apple. Can anyone help?
  • I found this on the internet. I am not a cook either but I imagine you could use the oven or the microwave just stick to allowed items. Maybe I'm wrong but I would think just apple slices with some spices maybe nutmeg, cinnamon and a little sweetner sprinkled on top would also work.

Baked Apple Dessert for the Campfire

Ingredients:
    Apple
    Foil
    Any of the following or all:
    Brown sugar
    Granulated sugar
    Raisins
    Nuts
    Red Hots
    Instructions:

Core the center of the apple, trying to leave the very bottom intact. Fill the center with desired items. Double wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil. Put in hot coals for 20 minutes. Let it partially cool before unwrapping.
  • Maybe just eating the apple raw dipped in ff yoghurt sweetened with Splenda would be better. Building the campfire would be the hardest part. Rubbing two sticks together is a drag!

However, you could do the same thing in a 350 degree oven. I'd put diced dried apricots or prunes in the apple rather than raisins which are not allowed on Phase II. The sugars and red hots are not allowed either except in very small quantities.

How about slicing the apple into a little dish, sweetening with Splenda, sprinkling with nuts or allowed cereal and baking 20 minutes? It would be like an apple crisp and could be served with ff yoghurt too.
  • I've baked apples in the microwave before. I'm too impatient for the oven!

I would either cut in half and scoop out the core, or leave whole and core it. Fill the center(s) with splenda, apple pie spices, a little chopped walnuts, and a spot of friendly margarine. Place in a microwave safe covered container and zap it until it's done.