Exercise thread for week of 08/24

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning,

Sunday was Richard Simmons Dance your Pants off and Tamilee Webb 10 minute seated stretch (that felt great!)

Today was:

Leisa Hart TNT series-ABS and ARMS
    Pick your Spot Pilates- Buns
    Tamilee Webb-10 minute standing stretch

Sherry
  • Went for a 20 mins walk last night w/ the bugs and did Leslie Sansone 1 mile dvd this morning.
  • Yesterday they said it was supposed to be in the 60's, so I wore my sweatpants & sweatshirt to do errands. It turned out to be about 90 degrees out, but I was late to meet my friend & didn't have time to go back & change. I sweated a whoooole bunch. Does that count?
  • went swimming in the lake! about 30 minutes. =)
  • I did lots of gardening on Saturday, and went on a toddler walk with Gem at a local nature center. The toddler walk didn't count as exercise, really, since it was at their pace. /grin But it was lots of fun, and we found tadpoles, minnows, and crayfish in the pond and in the stream.

Sunday was my rest day.

Today I gardened another hour or so, and tried out my new Leslie Sansone WATP tape. Boy, what a difference from her Weight Loss Walk (the only other tape of hers I had). She's a much better cuer now, and not as insuferably annoying (in Weight Loss Walk she's always saying "Come on, feet!" /shudder). Since I've heard so much good stuff about the newer tapes, I finally got the Abs set. The resistance belt is rather ridiculous, but hey, everybody needs a gimick.
  • Good morning,

Today was Leslie Sansone Muscle Mile one and Tamilee Webb 10 minute floor stretch.

Synger, I have the LS tape you're talking about. I hardly ever use it! I like the abs set. I bought it off ebay, and it didn't come with the belt. I use the 2lb weighted balls instead.

Sherry
  • All I have is the 1/2 mile walk.. what other tapes of hers are good? I just do the same 1 mile walk over and over again.
  • slimdown,

we're on our way out, but I'll try to post a list of other ls tapes you may like

sherry
  • For a comprehensive list of all Leslie's tapes, check out http://www.videofitness.com/instructors/sansone.php

Each link goes to a page where people who have done that workout critique it.

To see what's currently in print and orderable, and see a breakdown of how long it is and what's in it, as well as more reviews, go to www.collagevideo.com and put "sansone" in the Search by Instructor box. (I can't give you a direct link because the site uses frames. (boo-hiss))

I am enjoying the WATP (walk away the pounds) for Abs tapes. But I do NOT recommend her Weight Loss Walk. It's long and boring, the set is cheesy, the music is flat, and she's so bubbly I want to shoot her. Just one woman's opinion. /grin
  • I did Curves today!! 30 min!! I just love that place!
  • Stop press!
    I went to the gym today!

I have been trying to get down there for months and today I finally stopped listening to my excuses and got my butt down there! And I feel great - I could definately feel those endorphins flowing!

I did 20 mins on the bike, 20 mins on the treadmill, lots of weights and 20 situps. Going again later on in the week, I really enjoyed myself!

Amandax
  • 50 minute water workout.
  • According to fitday.com, I burn more calories painting my house than I do at aerobics class! So today it's painting and 20 minutes of stretching.
  • Today was Kathy Smith Functionally Fit peak Fat Burning-that left me winded!

Sherry
  • did the Leslie Sansome 1 mile tape this morning.