Mini Declutter - April 18 - April 24, 2016

• A new week! What can we accomplish with our stuff and in our spaces this week?
  • I'm feeling more on top of stuff today than I have in months! Woohoo! Now, if I can just make some progress on the email....

Mail stack. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.
    Yesterday's progress: kept up

Tickler. Current state: today. Goal: today.

In Box. Current state: things to support today's activities Goal: empty.

Email. Current state: 1299 total, 513 unread. Goal: empty.

Checkbook. Current state: caught up. Goal: balanced as soon as statement arrives.
    Yesterday's progress: balanced

Credit cards. Current state: caught up. Goal: checked as soon as statements arrive.
    Yesterday's progress: checked
  • Monday: HOME ALL DAY! Except to go to PO!

Finish ALL Dishes - Dry & put away! (still working on)
    Clean ALL counter tops! (still working on)
    Clean off couch and living room floor! (finished!)
    Clean off tops of all furniture in living room! (finished! I even vacuumed which was planned for another day!)
    Take pictures of living room chairs and armour - put on craigslist! (decided to keep them!)
    Sign - get DH to sign - mail taxes - A MUST! (finished!)
    Watch a movie!
    Go to bed by 11pm!

These are my goals for the day!
    Additionally, of course, eat healthfully and no snacking after 7pm.

and to all
  • Way to go, BelovedWarrior! That's a productive day!

Mail stack. Current state: empty. Goal: empty.

Tickler. Current state: today. Goal: today.

In Box. Current state: things to support today's activities Goal: empty.

Email. Current state: 1130 total, 407 unread. Goal: empty.
    Yesterday's progress: I took half an hour or so and made some progress: 169 fewer total, 106 fewer unread

Checkbook. Current state: caught up. Goal: balanced as soon as statement arrives.
    Yesterday's progress: none needed

Credit cards. Current state: caught up. Goal: checked as soon as statements arrive.
    Yesterday's progress: none needed
  • Still plugging away-a small amount every day. Things got a little behind this past week with show shoveling, extra work and trip prep for my DH. I could "feel"it this morning when I returned from the airport.

So: might as well just get back into the swing sooner vs later. I decided I would go backwards this time and clean before decluttering. It was the first thing I noticed. Looked up the # of a gal to help then said "just do it".
    I vacuumed the bedroom and stairs which made a huge difference. I have 2 long haired shedding pets which makes it look worse than it is.

I had reports to file
    So: Might as well do them for the entire year and save them in the file for mailing later. Done. Credit. I also scheduled the monthly and quarterly payments thru July. That really frees my head.

I pushed the button and filed my taxes yesterday. I had already decided they were "done".No hassle no extensions. Just done. Credit. A first.

I "think" I solved an ongoing "issue" in our kitchen last week. My DH does not follow through: cuts the bag open leaves the scissors and bag piece....makes pizza leaves leftovers on cutting board all night....leaves wrappers, knives, empty boxes...etc. Last week I decided to stop picking up after him. I had a empty shoebox and just started pitching all the stuff into it. I figured he would eventually miss something. I even pitched the leftover pizza in. LOL. 2 days ago he cleaned the box out and never said a word. It kept my counters free and I didn't have to be the clean up after person.

Anyway, that's my report. I'm going to take a break then tackle another project.
  • I got so far behind this week, just being away for three days and then trying to get caught up at office work when I got back. Goals for this weekend are:
    Goodwill dropoff
    Weed at least MOST of the front garden. I dread this and not sure WHY. I just feel it's impossible to keep semi-weed-free with the field next to us. But it's an excuse. Started weeding in back around patio ... delay tactic. Actually got out there and DID IT. Took two hours and my elbow is hurting, but it's done. There are a few spots that I might just grab the shovel and slide it under the super tiny stuff and fling into the field... Got slowed down for about 45 minutes as a big loose dog came up and we ended up leashing her up and walking around the neighborhood looking for people to ask if they'd seen her in a yard... then I went to see where we could check if she was microchipped and the owner drove by looking for her - perfect!
    Laundry - four loads, plus sheets. Four done and sheets are in the dryer.
    Dishes/kitchen cleanup/floor washed Done!
    Vacuum
    Fireplace clean out for spring
    Empty suitcase - done this morning
    Exchange coin rolls at bank before they close today for bills. Done! $80.
    Change out decor on fireplace mantel. Added fresh daffodils from garden and I kinda still like the woodland theme...so skipping this.
    clean off dining room table and set with fresh place settings. Done!
    Swap out spring/summer shoes into bedroom and move winter clogs/etc. out - not many needed to be put away
    Iron DH's shirts and my table napkins

And the non-decluttering things but on my list for today/tomorrow - get on exercise bike, menu plan, marketing done.
  • Checking in before the week is officially over:

Thursday I did something I haven't done in years - I washed my own floor!! (I've had someone do it in the past). Because of my weight loss AND extra strength I vacuumed my own living room and moved furniture to do it (Monday) -- and (Thursday) I washed my kitchen, bathroom, and hall floor. I had my house spic and span - ready for a Pampered Chef Party on Saturday. (I might add I was on Ty3 both those days so that helped greatly).

However -- Friday, after finishing things up - and going shopping -- I over did and my knee and feet were in terrible shape. I was quite lame all of Saturday and laid low today.

So, from my Monday list:
    Finish ALL Dishes - Dry & put away! (still working on) DONE!
    Clean ALL counter tops! (still working on) DONE!

But, tomorrow is another day...

ENJOY what's left of the week.
    And, good luck at accomplishing your goals next week.
  • wow, you guys are on fire!
    I spent many hours on saturday cleaning out my DD's room- which I know she should do, but it was just so overwhelming i figured i would start her off. Plus i could throw out some garbage she wouldn't miss
    I also vaccummed a bit and did lots of laundry, and put away everything from my trip. The house looks better!!