February 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 22 of 31
Go to
  • Total Approx 1385 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
    XL egg 80 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
    14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
    1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
    1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
    coconut water 60 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (500 calories)
    iced coffee my usual way 50 calories
    salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch different than I usually get 450 calories

Dinner (480 calories)
    6 Bilinski meatballs 180 calories
    marinara sauce 100 calories
    zoodles, mushrooms, and other veggies 100 calories
    apple 100 calories

Exercise:
    TF Fire 60
  • Good Evening…

Whew – what a busy day. I haven’t had such a full Sunday in years. I even went to a Jr. High Basketball game. My legs are killing me, but… I’ll live I hope everyone had a great day!

ciecie – Hope you had a good time at the race. What type of race did you attend?

Nichols – I bet you look SIMPLY MARV'LOUS DARLING … in the new suit. All that exercise equipment—nice mini-gym. 74 degrees??? Where are you … That’s astounding if you’re in the North East!

Diana – thanks for the input re: loose skin. Not that I’m at that point… but it is a concern for me. I figure I’d rather have loose skin and be able to walk … than to be in a wheelchair or with a walker. I understand that collagen is supposed to help also, so I take Gelatin a couple times a week. Do you have your Grandmother’s soup recipe?

novangel – I hope you had your good $$$$ day

Sundove – you are very welcome! Your menu sounds very interesting.

WOW! Larry – your willpower is amazing. I know we say it again and again… but, seriously – you are such and inspiration. I’m glad you and the wife had a fun time “clowning” around.

Sleep well… I’m exhausted
  • Good morning all, lost my post twice now, 185.1, hope everyone is doing well
  • Not been able to get online for a few days to check in and nothing to report weight loss wise anyway.
    OH's car broke down so I have had to forsake my morning gym trip to drive the dogs to the woods each morning for a walk.
    he is now on holiday in France for a week so I am still on dog duty each morning. Will try and go the gym tonight instead and have decided I need to up the strength training to build more muscle and boost my metabolism. I have been a bit gentle with myself so far.

Also ate rather too much cheese and twix bars yesterday. No excuses, just no willpower.

LarryH - well done for resisting all that food and sticking to water!
    NicholsFamily - trying on a swimsuit is hard going even when you are 100% happy with your weight - there is no where to hide!!
    Beloved Warrior - you seem to be really making good choices. I am not sure I yet have the willpower just to have a salad when eating out!
    Sundove - you sending you some willpower for the hunger pangs!
    flower - love your new avatar!!

And a big to everyone else
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

BelovedWarrior I don't have her recipe. Also, I remember that she never wrote anything down. She always cooked by what was in her head. I kinda do that too, and can't seem to focus on a recipe on a piece of paper.

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim & Limber
    This Morning: 1/2 Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1385 +
    Weigh In: 166.4
    Down: .4

Have a great day and start to your week!
  • Morning All
    Diana Nice drop! Re kombucha, It's not bad--I don't generally like fizzy things, but it has a nice, wholesome taste, vitamin-like. I used to love a particular brand of Brewer's yeast stirred into grapefruit juice, and this reminds me of that. Re Sola Salons, that is what my stylist uses. He's been in the biz a long time and likes it a lot.

Flower123 Hope you had a nice Sunday. I like your new avatar--I almost don't 'recognize' you. Kinda like you have a new haircut

kelijpa Are you drinking your smoothie for breakfast ?

Penny Looks like 3FC responded to your request to remove the 'stalker' function. Thank-you!

Volatis Good to see you. Thanks for the will power dust---I swear that stuff really works! I hope your new routine works out. Sometimes mixing it up is just what is needed plus it keeps things interesting.

Beloved Warrior Hope you got some good rest! Keep kickin' it

CoolMom

Nicholsfamily Volatis is right---very hard to like one's body when trying on swimsuits. I'll bet you look great.

Ciecie Sounds like you were on the go -- hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Yesterday was pretty good. Calories about 1200--ready to get in 3 days of healthy eating.
    B cabbage omelet, protein shake in coffee
    L salad with chicken, veggies, evoo
    D veggie soup, sauteed cabbage, protein bar
    S protein shake in coffee, protein chips
    Exercise was pool, combo of swim/walk

I'm eating most of my calories before noon because for some reason that's when I'm extremely hungry. By some miracle, I am not that hungry the rest of day when I do this.

HAve a good start to your week everyone!
  • I think the exercise I'm doing is like HIIT training. It's the only way I can explain my fat loss (plus more muscle). I'm eating fairly well though I'm tired more ATM so eating more 'treats' ( convenience). Last year I ate so well, exercised fairly regularly but still put on more than I lost.
  • Waving hi to everyone!

I'm on day 18 of working my calorie range and avoiding the scale.

Sorry about the power outages Kalijpa and Flower. Hopefully things will start warming up. I see flowers starting to do their thing and birds chirping earlier in the morning.

Diana, nice job getting the weight back down. You skipped the "devil weight"

Sundove, that's lucky you aren't too hungry later in the day. If I eat too early, the day is long!
  • I did enjoy my weekend. went to see race with dad yesterday afternoon.
  • HI Everyone!

Belovedwarrior I have heard of gelatin for joints, I think. Wasn't aware of it being helpful with the skin. Makes sense.

Kelijpa Hi Do you have any camping trips coming up? I had to take Cody for a vaccination today. He acted awful. There was an older dog in the waiting room with us. He was all calm and acting good. Cody was literally bucking like a bronco and growling. All the while he was wagging his whole body like he was thrilled to no end. He definitely has issues. . The tech came out to get him and I just gave her his leash for him to go with her. When they finished, the door opened up and he was running with all of his might and she was hanging on for dear life. She gave the leash back to me and said "good luck with that". He doesn't act like that when it's just us.

Volatis Can you get a good workout in by walking the dogs? I'm not sure if you can do that where you live. I would love to be able to walk our dog, but our area isn't good for that. We do have a large fenced in yard for him to play and do his business. I will also kick the ball and play with him in the warmer months.

Sundove I hope she likes the new place. There has been too much drama since she sold her salon. This will be like having her own place without having to deal with all of the other people and complications that comes with it. Sola Salon is a new concept in our area. Yay for the swim. Sounds nice.

Noshoes
    A lot of people like Hiit training these days. It helps with the time constraints since they are shorter, more intense workouts and people are short on time. Just tweak the teats as you can.

CoolMom Hi It's good to see you. Yay on the 18 days. About the "devil weight", tomorrow is another day. I could hit that one for 3 days in a row.

Ciecie
    I'm glad you had a nice weekend. What kind of race was it?

Waving HI all around!
  • Total Approx 1500 Calories +

Breakfast (405 Calories + coffee)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    XL egg 80 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
    14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
    1 piece toasted Alpine Valley organic sprouted honey wheat bread 60 calories
    1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
    coconut water 60 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
    Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
    2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Greek Yogurt 120 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch

Exercise:
    5 sections (50 minutes) from Leslie's Walk Blasters
  • Coming back for personals...

01: 249.6 (-3.8) home
    02: 249.6 (0) clinic
    03: no weigh in
    04: no weigh in
    05: 247.0 (-2.6)
    06: no weigh in
    07: no weigh in
    08: 246.4 (-0.6)
    09: no weigh in
    10: 245.8 (-0.6)
    11: no weigh in TOM
    12: 245.4 (-0.4) TOM
    13: no weigh in TOM
    14: no weigh in TOM
    15: no weigh in TOM
    16: no weigh in TOM
    17: 243.0 (-2.4)
    18: no weigh in
    19: 242.8 (-0.2)
    20: no weigh in
    21: no weigh in
    22: 242.4 (-0.4)
  • Diana - I didn't have any fruit on the weekend, as they suggested, and I'm burning ketones like crazy, but again had only a small loss...the nurses think I have to just keep at it, they think I'm retaining water. It's good to keep those other sizes if you can. I don't have a lot of space for storing them, but I may pack up a few of the better pieces and find a spot for them. Your Cody sounds a lot like our Jigsaw, he's better behaved when we are at home, but gets super excited when he gets to go out and meet new people.

BelovedWarrior - I'm doing a Canadian plan called Dr. Bernstein...I think there are American plans that are very similar....low calorie, medically supervised with B6-B12 shots 3x a week. Great job at the restaurant! I'm finding it easier to navigate those situations too, but this weekend I have a new challenge...I'm going to a confirmation party. It will be catered by the mom who has been prepping lots of yummy Italian food...hmm...I'm not sure I'll be able to eat anything. I going to tuck a protein bar in my purse just in case...better safe than sorry.

Nicholsfamily - trying on bathing suits is a nightmare at any size!
  • Here is an updated picture of my Wife and I taken on 2/20/2016

• Larry lovely picture. You both like such nice attractive people. I love the story about sitting with the shriner clowns and how much fun they were. You have such a great outlook. Glad you ate something when you got home. Your dedication to staying on plan is constantly amazing.

Angie i noticed that you lost 7 lbs in 22 days. Maybe that's just how your body does it. I have seen though how diligent you are.

Diana re the trip with Cody to the vet. You really have a great sense of humor. I hope cody appreciates it

Ciecie Glad you got to see race. Sounds like a good film

Coolmom great job, 18 days on plan. You are seeing flowers already? Oh how lucky you are. Well, where you live, they have mild winters anyway. But this year more mild than normal, according to my SIL

noshoes really glad you are seeing fat loss b/c of the exercise you are doing. I always admire people who exercise

Quote:
    Flower123 Hope you had a nice Sunday. I like your new avatar--I almost don't 'recognize' you. Kinda like you have a new haircut
    Ha! that's funny. I totally understand what you mean. Well, let's say it's a wig. I plan to soon change back to the regular avatar. I have it on fb also.
    You said the kombucha was too vinegary. Our local coop has kombucha on tap. We can bring our own bottles and buy it bulk. I think it tastes a lot like vinegar. That's why I bought it only once Awesome, the 1200 calories. WTG ! Re: the costco samples, I used to be on various food limitations for various reasons. Basically I ate no dairy, wheat, sugar, Cruciferous vegetables, nightshades, Nuts, seeds, raw vegetables and more. There was very little that I could eat. So going to costco for those years was very painful I would go during the week, preferably after the sample people had packed up their wares. I was a cranky shopper

Volatis What is an "OH"? Whomever he is, sounds like he is one lucky dude that he's on holiday in France for the week. Sounds like you are very motivated to body building. Love that you are taking dogs to the woods. I refer to dogs as "quadruped angels". They are usuially love with 4 paws <3

Kelijpa sorry that you lost post twice. I have had that happen a couple of times. But not on the same day. I was totally aggravated with once. I hope you are doing well.

BelovedWarrier Sorry your legs are hurting from Basketball. I hope its that good kind of exercise hurt. The kind that feels really productive. I hear ya re the ioose skin concern. But often that skin mostly tightens up, as Diana said. Unless you are an old crone like me i have wings. Well wing flaps, but I just call them wings. BUT when I was younger and lost, the skin did tighten up.

Quote: Flower: I've had garbage washer and dryers my entire life and had this one not died (only lasted 8 years) I'd still have it. I did learn one thing and that is never again with GE products. Complete junk. All of the condo units have GE appliances and 90% have been seen down by the dock door to be disposed of. We've all had to upgrade. I love the LG but would rather not have had to spend the money. Such is life.
    I got what I could pay for. Its a hotpoint which is made by GE. I too do not like GE products. But I wanted a machine with no motherboard. And an old fashioned agitator. Either that was going to be this machine or a Speed Queen, which was way out of my price limit. I just did not have the money to get something decent

I have had to make more greeting cards. I use them as trade to pay the chiropractor. And also as gifts for birthday etc.. People have told me I could get a lot for them. But physically I cannot make many of them, because of what it does to my neck and shoulders. Without telling me, someone I know took them to a store to sell them for me. So the cards are now for sale in a store and I have to make more. The store priced them at 5 dollars a piece. So that's a good price.

Food has been difficult. I have kept it to under 1600 calories. Except for today. I have known that I cannot have dairy. and yet I have been having it every day with that frozen fat free milk stuff. I could no longer do that to my body. But I did not know of anything else that would freeze without being hard as an ice cube. Sadly I had a brainstorm. Instead of dry fat free milk powder, water and ice cubes in the blender and then freezer, add PB2 to the ice cubes, whey powder and water. Sadly it worked very well So I am trying to make a deal with myself. To put willpower pedal to the metal and not have the apples and the popchips which I crave. Just the meals, coffee and the pb2 frozen stuff with the low fat sugar free chocolate sauce. The pb2 increases calories by 200. Calories today was 1740. I really have to find a way to not get the apples or popchips if I am going to do this. Without both of them the calories for the day would have been 1130. I can do that. So tomorrow willpower. Nothing but the meals, coffee and that frozen stuff. Willpower.
    I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.