Just started please help

• Hi lovely people,

I'm kittie and I need help. I'm 25 yrs old and I'm 5'2 187 lbs. I've always struggled with not only my weight but also my body image. However since I am older I am now concerned about my health . I have terrible eating habits and love junk food. I want to change that. my goal is not only to be able to walk without running out of breath but also reach 130 lbs. So if any of you have tips or motivational words please toss them my way .thank you
    Love -kittie
  • Hello! Just start moving, plan to walk and add to your distance each day is fairly simple or if you work someplace where there are stairs/elevator, take the stairs. Any chance you have to move is a help work you into loss. You found a good place for support here - jump on in. There are a lot of people who are here that will help encourage you on your journey. Now go look in a mirror, smile at yourself, find something pretty on your face you like and say I CAN DO THIS and I'M WORTH IT. Good luck!
  • Here to help! :)
    Hi Kittie,

I am a little shorter than you but ever heavier (5'1.5" and 214 lbs) so I completely understand the struggle of being petite but also plus size. The clothing companies seem to think that all plus-sized women are tall and it makes it hard for us to find clothes that fit and makes us feel confident. I have struggled with weight all my life too, in part to my eating disorder and mental health issues. I think you just need to remember that you aren't alone inn your battle for eating.

My latest endeavor into wight loss is ordering a mail order diet plan. I specifically chose Wonderslim because it is cheaper than the other, but I think that any (Medifast, Jenny Craig, etc...) are a great option compared to what our diets are like now. I think one of the hardest things about trying to lose weight alone is trying to buy the right ingredients and even come up with healthy meal plan ideas that our withing our diet plan's rules and won;t make us want to cheat. The logic for me behind getting a mail-order diet is that it takes the stress out of eating for me and takes away that stressful "what am I going to eat next/for dinner." If you have about $250 a month that you would be willing to spend, I would try Wonderslim or just order meal replacement shakes and bars from a website such as Diet Direct and use them to replace all of your meals, or your highest-calorie meals everyday. Don't think of it as a waste of money; it is an investment in yourself and your health.

-jensmarty
  • Kittie, welcome! Spend time here and you will find all the encouragement, inspiration, and ideas that you could possibly need. Start small, think about the word "sustainable," and your best days are ahead of you.
  • Hi, I'm just getting started also I'm 50 yo and 5'5" and 200lbs. I'm fat for the first time and I have not tried anything yet. Maybe we can encourage each other. I'm going to the Drs. and get all checked out then I hope this site can help me go into a direction. I wish you the best of luck!