What are you reading?

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Hope it's ok if I start a few threads like this to get to know people outside of their weight stuff...just tell me if not...also, if they already exist :s

Books first. What are you on? What have you just finished. Good? Bad? Weird?

I'm reading Welcome to Night Vale and it fits in the weird category. I never listened to the podcasts, but will probably check them out...the novel is random, while at the same time being super engaging...I'm not done yet, though. If some of the random doesn't come together in the end I may not think so highly.
  • I'm re-reading The Joy of Less - A Minimalist Living Guide. I'm already *quite* minimalist at home, so it's just for-fun reading, no great insights to be had.
  • Right now I'm catching up on a three month stack of New Yorker Magazine.
  • reading?
    I am reading brain candy! I just finished "Last Anniversary" by L Moriarty. I predicted the ending but the road was still fun. I read a huge amount for work so home reading is often of the very light variety! I love a really good mystery too!
  • I'm currently reading THE SINGLE WOMAN by Mandy Hale. Awesome book! so inspirational!
  • i like to listen to books on audible (other apps are available!) so just now i am relistening to The Stand by Stephen King
  • I've been on a British Cozy Mystery binge. Just finished book #3 of the Alan Bradley series featuring Flavia DeLuce. The characters are all a little odd - but charming. Particularly Flavia.

And I've just started book #2 of the Simon Brett Mrs. Pargeter series. She's a bit of a Miss Marple....with an edge
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma sounds interesting!
  • "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo
  • Just finished "The White Russian" - semi-interesting tale of Paris between the Great Wars.
  • I am reading Second Nature by Michael Pollan

its great I can't wait to read all of his books!!! He has a mini docu-series on Netflix called cooked which is amazingly done
  • My Travel/Pool book(s) is The Highlander series. Reading a thirty year old book on Gratitude for a church book/lunch club.
  • Right now I'm in the middle of a book called "The Other Wife." It's an okay read so far. I'm really into mysteries and thrillers which this is supposed to be but hasn't gotten too exciting yet. I'm going to be reading Stephen King's "Carrie" next
  • My daughter loves the Nigh Vale podcast. I tried to read the book and just couldn't. I don't do well with self-consciously quirky, but she loves that stuff. Probably won't let her read the book as she's ten.

I also liked The Last Anniversary!

I just finished Don't Let's Go To The Dogs Tonight and Cocktail Hour Under the Tree or Forgetfulness, both by Alexandra Fuller, about her life growing up in what was and then used to be Rhodesia. It was very interesting and now I've kind of spun off in that direction. If anyone has read any similar memoirs, I'd love some recommendations.
  • Books
    Reading is essential to me, I read daily.

I just finished 'Avenue of Mysteries' by John Irving. I am currently reading 'The Martian'.