300 Plus and Getting Fit After 40 - January 2016

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
  • Happy New Year to all of my 3FC friends.

We haven't been very active. Please stop in and give us an update.

Miss you.
  • I'm still alive. Tired of aches and pains caused by weight.
    Back at it!!
  • Hello again Judy and Dgramie.

I posted yesterday in the January chat thread, feel free to have a read for an update.

I hope you both had a lovely Christmas and New Year break.

I hope we all have a healthy and happy 2016.

Bek.
  • Deb, All we can do is try, every day.

Bek, Good to see you. You certainly have had a rough couple years but it sounds like it's settling down to manageable. remember "baby steps".

It's bitter cold here. 7ºF right now but it's supposed to warm up as the day goes on. Still fighting the snack in the car thing but holding my own most days.

Have a great day!
  • hi everyone ..how is everyone doing?
  • Hanging in there. Lost a pound last week. Getting some exercise now shoveling the snow that hasn't stopped falling in the last 48 hours. Oh, the joy of living in a lake effect snow belt.

Lots of missing folks, here. Hoping they pop back in soon.
  • My phone keeps making me sign back in to this site. Luckily I know my password now. Lol
    I'm still at it but not seeing much results. Exercise is happening most days.
    Food is pretty good. I'm trying to cut out sweets but struggling. It's strange because I have never been a sweet eater. But for the last few years I am.
    How is everyone?? Where is everyone??
  • I'm here Deb. Keep hoping some of our old friends will make an appearance.

I'm slowly losing. If I could only be POP for more than a week without backsliding I'd be thrilled. Instead it's lose 2 lbs, gain 1/2, gain 1, lose 1, on and on and on.
    My just say "NO" seems to be broken.
  • Did I say I was losing???? Up 2.8 this week. I think that's scare me enough to put my nose back to the grindstone.
  • I have been exercising almost daily. Doing the gazelle and also lifting weights in the basement. Now time to get food on track totally!
  • Hi Deb,
    I spent the last two weeks in the house. A combination of awful weather, stomach bug, pulled my back, etc. You get the idea. During that two weeks I lost 8 lbs!!!!! There was nothing to binge or even snack on in the house just healthy stuff and I'm not one to call out for delivery so I ate what I had. It kept me on my WW program with no cheats. Amazing where that got me. I restocked the other day and I'm trying to be careful when I'm out and about to stay away from FF and snacks. I sure as heck don't want those 8 lbs back.

Good for you getting that exercise in. I'm trying to do a little each day but I'm really good at forgetting. LOL
  • Just stopping in to see who's here. Scale is going down a bit for me. Yay!

I think March showers will be bringing April flowers that will freeze if we get frost in May. The weather has certainly been "different" the last couple of winters.
  • I'm here!! Been carb counting for 3 wks. Had lost 9.5. Had 1 cheat day and now scales are up 5. I didn't eat that bad on my cheat day.
    Keeping carbs around 50. First 2 weeks were about 30.
    I'm not hungry and truly like eating this way.
    Exercing daily. But will increase this week.
  • I'm still on track. I am finding it easy and empowering this time. I am down 12 lbs.
    I am exercising and weight lifting daily. I feel good.