January 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 26 of 36
Go to
  • Daydreamer You are not alone with those issues, that's for sure. I admire your accountability. It looks like a lot of the time you are doing really well, and once in a while have slips here and there, like we all do. I don't know if this will help or not, but I once read on 3FC that when you are eating unplanned things, make sure to really savor them and enjoy your experience. Then just move on, no beating yourself up. (Maybe try to see what caused the slip to help avoid in the future) I've followed that advice with the result that there's more pleasure and peace of mind around food. Well, most of the time

I've been night time snacking too lately, esp. after posting my meals, lol! I might try going to bed early with a good book, but then I get up too early and eat breakfast. I don't usually have cravings though, unless I cut calories way low. Then it's all over If only food didn't have calories...

LELi Did you work today? Your menu looks so good. Great treadmill workout--5# wts! WTG!

Ciecie Hope you are feeling better soon--I miss your grin.

Today has been ok with food, at 1450 cals. I'm having some MFP confusion with calories in kidney beans so my count is give or take 100 cal I switched to soaking dried kidney beans and their calorie count is way higher than canned, though a lot less sodium.
    B mushroom omelet, coffee with almond milk
    L salad with grilled chicken, beans low fat balsamic dressing
    D turkey chili
    S apple, yam, cabbage, protein shake
    a lot of water, home workout routine
    Tomorrow I'll step on the scale.

Thank-you all for the support. I so appreciate it!
  • Nicholsfamily1987, pizza used to get me... but now that I split it with my husband not anymore. Mainly because sometimes we don't do half and half and we don't have very similar taste on the toppings... I like it simple, he likes EVERYTHING on it!

Sundove accountability? I didn't even log everything I ate on my tracker ! I do try to enjoy my "cheats". Or even sometimes I eat something yummy with the calories I have left for the day and I enjoy it as if it was the last sweet I would ever eat! The problem comes when I can't stop eating, then I don't bother to taste... I just engulf.
    I do like to give myself one day if I am going out and things like that. I just don't like it when I feel I have to eat everything... Some sort of binge urge hahaha that's what I feel bad about. And YES I do agree with you, food should NOT have calories ... or make you fat. :P

Making minestrone! Starving.. hope it's ready soon.
  • Hi Everyone!

Speaking of the weekend! A lot of people here have children and do extra things on the weekend with the focus on food. I don't have as many issues with this since we don't have children or family around. Well, DH was home all day yesterday! I was at the grocery store, and DH called me to pick up a pizza that he was going to call in. I have not had pizza in years! I picked his pizza up and went home with it. I proceeded to fix my salad, DH wanted some of it. I almost didn't want to share. I know that sounds greedy but that was all I had and I only had enough salad fixings for me. Of course I made him a small salad too. He sat there and ate the WHOLE medium pizza, ate the salad and drank a Pepsi. I ate my salad. I went to workout and went to another grocery store, where I had the cookies. Of course I couldn't have any dinner. DH made 4 waffles with syrup and cooked a pan of bacon for his dinner. I ate nothing. That bacon and syrup smelled so good. Anyways, that doesn't happen often for me and I am so glad. That's tough!

Flower Hi

Volatis It's so frustrating when the weekend unravels all the work you did during the week. I tend to have problems drinking enough water on the weekend. I am more regimented during the week.

Sundove I'm glad your day was better.

I love Frank Good luck with your day.

Kelijpa Hi

upandaway I'm sure the gain is from TTOM. Hang in there.

CoolMom Ha Ha For me that would entail buying a smart phone. I don't say I have a dumb phone since it works. Sounds like a fun evening. I'm not familiar with Ethiopian cuisine, but giant soft crepes can't be bad.

Daydreamer Thank you for sharing the recipe. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Nicholsfamily
    I hope you were able to accomplish everything on your day off. It's so hard to get caught up and stay caught up.

Ciecie I hope you are feeling better.

Larry Hi

LeLi Good job on your day. The good thing is that we are one day closer to another weekend.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
  • Hi all!

Sorry to have dropped off over the weekend, did pretty well over the weekend, will have to do some catching up. Today being a holiday and off work not my best, so probably not seeing a drop again. 180.2 this morning.

Hope everyone is doing well
  • Total Approx 1410 calories +

Breakfast (325 Calories + coffee)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Mediterranean Blend Veggies
    14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
    1/2 Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin or 1 piece Alpine Valley organic whole wheat bread 65 calories
    1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
    juice 75 calories or less
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (385 Calories)
    Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
    2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Greek Yogurt 100 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
    Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
    Hip Hop Ab's Cardio 2 (whatever the name is maybe it's fat blasting cardio 2 )
  • i'm much better.
  • Thanks Diana! Thats' stellar work sticking to your program! I would probably have shared maybe a single piece of lettuce with a pizza-eater!

Daydreamer Yeah, I've had that experience where the urge to binge is harder to resist than the lure of the actual food. It's kinda strange.
  • Quick post
    3 oz American cheese broiled on 2 eggs, sunny side up. Eaten with Big chewy crusty dense baguette roll. That was dinner. Lunch was much worse
    2 apples with a whole container of pb2 mixed with cashew milk, toasted sesame oil and stevia. With some chocolate callets. There were also 2 chicken sausages and some carrot, cooked cabbage and cucumber. It was a very naughty day
  • Good morning all,

180.7, not bad, drinking my smoothie, making lunch, phone said 9 degrees, so als dreaming of retiring to somewhere warmer

So many things I wanted to quote after reading last night, since I need to get ready for work I'll just give a big thanks for being here everyone!

Diana and Flower

Hope everyone has a great day
  • IloveFrank - well done on having a plan!!
    CoolMom - I love trying out new cuisine - Ethiopian is one I havent tried yet - sounds good!
    daydreamer - I wish i knew what drives my urges to eat when I'm not hungy either. I am just trying to picture what i look like now and hwat i want to look like and if I keep that image in my head it helps. if I let that image slip then I just eat!
    Diana - I dont know how you managed to not eat the pizza or the bacon - that is amazing willpower
    kelijpa - we are pretty much at identical weights. Hope we can both make a downward journey!

Well yesterday must have been a blip or I cant add up properly. Either way I am back down to 180.75 which is what I was on Sunday.
    Started today well with gym (mainly arm strength training) and then porridge for breakfast.
    Snack is a pear and for lunch I have cous cous and fets cheese salad.
    OH is cooking sausage casserole tonight but I shall have salad with it rather than potatoes or ride.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
    This Morning: 1/2 of Oxycise Level 2 workout

I'm going through a weird phase again. I am continuing to have PMS symptoms without the actual TTOM, that ended 6 days ago. I felt really hormonal and yesterday I was definitely bloated. This morning I had a gain of what I lost at yesterday's weigh in. My food and exercise are good, so at this point, there is nothing that I can do but wait it out.

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
    Weigh In: 167
    Up: .6

Have a great day!
  • Flower I use the mini trampoline too! Supposedly it gets your lymphatic system moving - I think it helps me fight colds. Sometimes it gives me upper spine pain (upper back/neck area). I have to do a lot of stretching and weird arm motions once I get off to avoid pain.

Volatis The weekends are tough for me too. Mostly because my husband and I will often go out to dinner, but also because there just isn't as much routine in my day. I've never eaten couscous. One of these days I'll have to try it!

Sundove I understand waiting to weigh. I'm normally an every day weigh-er, but over the holidays I did such a number on my diet that I really didn't want to know how bad the damage was.

I love Frank Welcome!

Kelijpa You're due for a big move on the scale. And your eating's been good, so it's gotta be just around the bend.

upandaway
    Sounds like normal fluctuations. So frustrating.

CoolMom Good for you for being adventurous. I'm not an adventurous eater especially when I'm trying really hard to lose weight. What if I don't like it? I don't want to waste the calories.

Daydreamer I feel like my binge cravings are physical urges. That's why bread is a gateway drug for me. I think my body processes the bread like sugar and then when I start coming down off my bread high my body just wants more bread and eventually bread's not enough and I'm going for actual sugar. What I'm trying to learn how to do is know when to say no to bread.

NicholsfamilyYour schedule is so busy and you're doing so well. You should be proud of yourself and all you're accomplishing!

Ciecie Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Larry Wow Larry! When you say no carbs you really mean it. I was looking at my regular jar of Hellmann's and it says zero carbs, but I guess there are traces of carbs even when it says 0? Anyway, I can believe that tuna and butter are a decent combo. They're two of the strongest flavors in a tuna melt.

LeLi 5 pound weights? Good for you!

Diana I am a bit of a couch potato by nature, but right now I'm doing this couch to 5k as opposed to just walking. I'm going to keep oxycise in mind though for when I'm back to just walking. Good for you for staying strong with the pizza and the bacon and the syrup! Wow!
  • The last few days have been ok eating wise (had some, alright maybe almost a full box, of Girl Scout Cookies). Thank goodness the boxes are so small. My husband and kids may have had a couple of peanut butter patties, but I had easily 2/3 of the box. I've got a full blown cold, but the good news is that I completed day one of week three on my couch to 5K! It was a big jump from week 2 and I never expected to get through it the first time so I'm very proud of myself. Tomorrow I'm slotted for day 2. Hopefully my cold will be subsiding by then.

p.s. Oh and I forgot to add that my husband is now joining me in weight loss! He's a bit of a yo yo dieter. Up and down over the last twenty years. Right now he's at his all time high and he's starting to worry about his health. His current efforts will be good for keeping healthier food around the house. Our tastes are very similar and he'll often come home with a bag of chips or sourdough pretzels. It'll be so good to have the sourdough pretzels gone from the house!
  • today I did leslie sansone's 5 k walk with a twist.
  • Morning!
    I am not sure if I should be laughing or crying hahaha. I am a Yo-Yo... No, seriously what is this?!

11: 218.2
    12: 218.0
    13: 218.2
    14: 218.6
    15: 217.8
    16: 216.9
    17: 217.3
    18: 216.9
    19: 217.9

01/18/2016: 216.9
    Breakfast:
    - 1 cup of coffee + 1 Toast + 1/2 tbsp cream cheese + 1/2tbsp jam