Just Saying "Hi!" From Louisiana

• Hi everybody!

Just discovered this site this morning. I bought the DASH book and started reading. I'm excited about getting back down to my normal weight and wearing some of the clothes I recently packed up.

When I smoked, I didn't overeat. I quit smoking over two years ago. I used e-cigarettes for a year and quit that in July. Since then, I've put on 25 pounds. I sometimes think how "easy" it would be to go back to smoking. But, my kidney health and wrinkles keep me from doing that.

I am 49. I have a Nautilus gym at home. Plenty of room for video exercising. A safe neighborhood for walking. A FitBit Flex. A supportive partner. More often than not, I find a reason to not move. I no longer like my body. I want to change that and am hoping that in joining this community, I will find encouragement and inspiration to meet my goals.

Happy Friday y'all!
  • Welcome to the community! I'm new here myself. It sounds like you're definitely poised for success. Stay vigilant and reach out when you need it.

Moving isn't just about the goal - it can feel great and be good at the moment, too. Happy Friday!
  • Hi, I'm new also. You sound very positive.