I'm new! long story included

• I decided to join this forum because I want to start losing weight healthily.

I've never stopped losing weight, mind you. Abusing laxatives and a 300 calorie diet for months, been losing weight for 4 years total.

I've been diagnosed with severe depression and schizophrenia and I'm 19 years old. No medications have worked yet, but I talked with my therapist last wednesday and she said that starving my body is going to damage my brain more. She even said that it might be why pills aren't helping me yet.

I ordered an excercise bike for myself last night (good deal!), and I'm going to try excercise and eating more than 300 calories and take multivitamins and get the nutrients I need to help myself.

I'd love to be able to get well enough to learn how to drive and get a job and an apartment to myself, but it isn't currently possible. Maybe my journey here might be able to make me well!
  • Hi.
    Hope this over simplification helps.

If we eat 2000 calories a day. Most of us will eventually weigh close to 200lbs.

if we eat 1900 the we become 190 lbs over the long term
    if we eat 1800 then we become 180 lbs
    1200 cals then we become 120lbs
    Its easy to see the pattern and everyone is a bit different.
    Keep in mind that fewer calories may have less vitamin and minerals nutrition.

It may be helpful to practice eating portion sizes of what your goal weight will be.
    for example. If your goal weight is 150 lbs. Then eat three meals of 500 calorie a day.
  • Welcome haebane!
    Looks like you know what you want, just take tiny, manageable steps to achieve them.
    Have you also tried 7cups . c o m? Another excellent place for support.
  • I know it's unhealthy to eat that little, it's why I'm here. Hoping to make some friends and support
  • Take it from me, don't starve you body. I did a program for 5 months with limited calories and my joints started to hurt. The program was suppose to have a dietitian but the person didn't seem to know why this was happening. My doctor thought it was a build up of acid in my joints. I went off the diet and then it happened, I started to binge. I couldn't figure out why, this was not something I had done before so I went for help after gaining back everything I lost and then some. The dietitian I saw told me that I was starving my body and was my body was acting like anyone who is starving and it would have got worse - that is too long to go with that few calories. They started me on 2000 calories a day (approx) - they don't count calories. I feel much better now but I am not loosing weight. Your body is a machine and it needs fuel to work. I like the guide above with the calorie guide. It seems very simple. Good luck to you.