Noodle Use in Phase 1?

• Hello Everyone
    I wasn't sure where to post this question. So my apologies if I didnt get it right. I'm a newbie to the South Beach Diet (SBD) again and wondered if anyone could answer my question about noodles? Kelp noodles to be exact. They are made of seaweed and I wanted to add them to my soup. Are they allowed in Phase 1? I also found green bean noodles, ingredients green beans and water. Does anyone know about these products and if they can be used in Phase 1? Please let me know, and if you have any other ideas re: noodles in soup it would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, FR
  • Hi FoxyRoxy and a belated "welcome" to The Beach. It's nice to see another Canadian.

I am quite sure that the seaweed and green bean noodles would be OK for Phase 1 as long as there is nothing else added. . Where did you find them?
  • Hi Ruthxxx
    Thanks for your reply! I got them at the health food store. The kelp noodles come cold not dry like the green bean noodles.
  • I must check them our around here. Seems to me I got some once from Low Carb Canada in Toronto and had to really rinse them because they seemed "fishy" but they'd be fine in soup. I was trying them as a pasta substitute.
  • I wonder if these are similar to the shirataki noodles I have used? Those are made from chickpeas and konjac root and are sold as being "zero carb".