Getting out of the 240s

You're on Page 4 of 30
Go to
  • woohooo! 242.6 today 3.4 pounds lost last week. great motivation booster!

how is everyone else doing?
  • Quote: The other 240s thread was at 499 posts when I was about to bump it, so I started a new one. Anyone else trying to get out of the 240s? I played volleyball with my husband for about 30 minutes today (just peppering for those who are familiar with vb) and then I did a VERY short ab workout on the sworkit app. I had a c-section 5 years ago, so my abs are pretty worthless.
    I have been teetering between 241 and 231 for 2 months now. I've been working out at the gym, hitting the strength training machines and doing Zumba, as well as working out at home, using 8 lb dumbells and a 15 lb kettlebell - so I think most of this variation in weight is due to muscle vs fat distribution. I've decided to stay away from the scales until July. By then I should be able too SEE the weight loss, not just the numbers on the scale.

If you really want to ramp up your progress, I recommend a kettlebell, and the Kettlebell Swing. It works every major muscle group all at once, and is also cardio and strength training at the same time. Nothing is better for working abs and glutes, AND it is proven to burn 300 calories in 20 minutes!
  • Finally!!
    I swore I wasn't going to weigh until July, but I'm noticing such a change in my body, that curiosity just got the better of me. 232! Wow!! Not only out of the 240's, but almost out of the 230's as well! I am so excited, and even more motivated than ever! Zumba & kettlebell, guys!! =)
  • Helllooooo! Is anyone here?

I just graduated down into this thread this morning, weighing in at 249.8! I'm really excited to be here, I hope someone comes to play with me
  • I haven't been to this thread in a long time, but I'm back here again. I need some support as well. I can't seem to shake my way out of the 240s. Every time I lose a few lbs (or even ozs) I seem to gain it right back. I eat well (low car, lots of protein and veggies) try to avoid junk food as much as possible, only allow a cheat meal about 2x a week, work out about 5x a week and nothing seems to be working!!

Maybe it's time to surround myself with people who are being successful!!
  • Hi Penguin

The only thing I am doing is counting calories. I know I need to start exercising, but I have 1 million plus excuses to myself not to. I look forward to getting to know you!
  • I'm making steady progress through the upper part of the 240's. When I lose just .1 more I will have officially lost 20% of my beginning body weight.
  • Hi Brandnewday! Sorry for going Mia. Just got married and wedding stuff got the best of me. I'm not weighing in for the next few days to allow myself time to stabilize and see the damage that was done
  • Congratulations! You have certainly earned the right to give yourself a scale break.

I haven't moved a bit since my Monday post. It seems I'm stuck here at 246.6 for now. I really wanted that .1 lb, too.
  • Keep going Brandnewday you will get there! I have decided to do my official weigh-in for this week! After fighting with the scale about my wedding foods (and how bad they were for me) I am at 244.3!! Not much loss since the last time but I'll take it!!
  • Hi Penguin!

That's awesome that you were able to get through with not much damage on the scale!

Although my mind knew it would happen, my heart wasn't ready; this is the first week I haven't lost ANY weight, and have been ping-ponging between 243.6 and 243.8 all week. It is SO much better than the 290 I started at, but still a disappointment. I'm staying strong and trying to power through.
  • Keep the course it will get better!! You are doing everything right, now its time for the scale to catch up! That was about my starting weight too, my favorite thing about losing that weight was that I could get stuff that I had dropped and never would have been able to before (like things that fell under my carseat) and noticing how much farther away from the steering wheel I was!! I know the scale will be kind to you soon!

I keep bouncing around, but seem stuck at around 243.3 right now, working out 4-5 days a week (with some weight training and about 40 mins of cardio per session), plus chasing my puppies around the house everyday lol. Eating seems to be going on plan now, seems to be much better now that we are married (I think he's more on board now that he isn't seeing the loss he wants to either lol), so I'm hoping for some big numbers in the coming weeks!!
  • You are so right about the differences! I noticed once that I was at the top of the stairs - and I wasn't breathing hard and hadn't held on to the rail for dear life to haul myself up. Another bonus is that my husband says I'm not snoring as much .

Is your husband on a diet as well? I do find it easier to stay on plan when life is "settled". You had a lot on your plate with the wedding. Here's to smooth sailing for the both of us!
  • The stairs one is my favorite too!! Best feeling in the world!! Ya I've noticed how much more willing I am to do what I should now that things are calm. He kind of is? He plays along with me at home (like cauliflower rice and mashed cauliflower lol), but doesn't really follow it like he should for lunch (sometimes McDonalds, sometimes healthy stuff that we have at home) and breakfast (he's dedicated to pop tarts) and he's getting frustrated that he's either stuck at the same weight all the time or slowly creeping up. But he does run a couple times a week, so who knows how this will work for him! Holding steady right now at 243!
  • Hope you are doing well, Penguin!

I've been at 239 for several days now, so I think I'm ready to graduate down to the next group now. I hope you'll be there soon!