Getting out of the 240s

You're on Page 2 of 30
Go to
  • Bumping because I weighed in tonight at 246, so I don't have much more to go. Since I'm doing the Optifast program, I anticipate leaving the 240's within a week or two.
  • Hello? Anyone home?

Here I am in the 40's again. I went off my diet in late March, after getting disgusted that I had hit a plateau that just wouldn't give. I was at 223 when I threw my hands up and started back, 3 weeks ago, at 253.4!

This morning I weighed in at 243.4 and hoping to be out of the 40's, again, soon! The 40's were really tough last time!
  • Hello Nici!

I'm still holding at 243.4......which is better than going up but not what I'd like!

Are you following a specific plan?
  • I do weigh daily. I can't help but do it.

One of the many times before that I was on a diet, I had my hubby hide the scales so I wouldn't weigh each day. But I think that got to me worse than the weighing everyday!

I know it sounds crazy but when I don't weigh each day it's like I forget that I need to be working on it. So, as depressing as it is, I have to do it. Does it backfire? Sure, sometimes. But I think the same would be true of weighing in once a week and not seeing the number that I want to see. There is no right answer, I don't believe, so I'm going with what I hope will work best for me. I think that's why I quit back in March. I had been, pretty much, at a stand still for almost 2.5 months and I went on vacation. I wasn't weighing in every day it was like I just forgot about keeping up with my weight. Of course, I know some of it was not sticking to plan and eating at will but the not weighing did me no favors.

I do find that when I am discourage over the day to day weight that going back and looking at some of the other threads that I have weighed in on helps. For instance if I am signed up for a monthly weight lose challenge and I see that I've been stuck for a week but that I've lost 5 pounds for the month it makes it easier to swallow that plateau. That, of course, is based on times past.....since I've not been at it, again, long enough for there to be this encouragement.

As for what I am doing.......I follow WW. I did not, nor will I, join. It's not that I am opposed to the idea for others, I just don't feel it would help me. The way I see it is that there are 3 good reasons to join and 3 good reasons not to. The 3 good reasons to join are- information/resources, encouragement and the plan. The 3 good reasons not to join are- I can find information/resources for free, I can get encouragement here and I don't feel that I need to pay anyone to tell me that I need to lose weight and weigh me every week when I can do that at home. So......I just count my points and follow what I need to be doing. I lost 57.6 pounds between 8/4/14 and the middle of January/15 following it. I was still losing inches after that (I didn't measure but I was moving down in clothes sizes) but no weight. I went from a 24/26 to a 16/18 between 8/4/14 and 3/21/15. That's when I went on vacation and it all went south from there!
  • UGH! I was at 240.8 yesterday and I'm at 242.6 today!
  • Hopefully, we will both be out of here and on to the next thread soon!

241.8 this morning.
  • Weighed in, this morning, at 239.4! I'm moving on to the new thread. I'll see ya there!
  • Thanks! You got this!
  • Looks like this thread is not very active, but I want to revive it for whatever time it takes me to eligible for the 220s/230s thread. Hopefully, that won't be very long. Hopefully.

245.0 today.
  • 244.2. Christmas Eve. Big dinner planned for this evening. Big dinner planned for tomorrow evening. Still want to stay on track and get to the gym, though.
  • 250.0. Cuz weight loss sucks. Or at least, weight loss is not linear. Which sucks.
  • 250.4. Still not switching threads, cuz it's gonna be back down tomorrow. Or the next day.
  • checking in at 241.5 and hoping to be out of here in a week!
  • Hi, I restarted my healthy lifestyle a couple days ago, weighed in today at 241. I am focused and ready to feel better. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Hi Transforming--- I'm with you jumping back on the plan with a healthier lifestyle. Hope you're doing good and have a great weekend!