I'm logging my Journey to Onederland, here we go!

You're on Page 1 of 30
Go to
  • Hi everyone, I pretty much dared myself to do this, it is time... I wanted to create some sort of log of my journey to Onederland (199.8 lbs. ), I debated if it should be on MFP, my blog, or here and in the end 3fc won lol, so here we are. I will use this thread to log my food , my calories, exercise & my weigh ins. I usually weigh in everyday which isn't good but the OCD in me can't help it. I am doing this with the full understanding that there will be days that I kick butt in my eating and exercise and the scale will not reflect it, heck it may even say I gained weight. There will also be days when I will eat cake and the scale won't tell the tale. However I like this anally retentive accountability, it helps me in a weird way, so with that said these are my stats :

Day 1 & starting weight - July 4, 2015/221.8 lbs. nude

Calorie goals are 1500-1750 per day according to me. According to My Fitness Pal I should aim for 1400 per day (sedentary lifestyle) to lose 1 1/2 lbs. per week, but what do they know? lol

Fitness goals are to exercise 4x a week, hoping to increase this with time but right now sticking to "attainable" goals. My current workout of choice is Leslie Sansone Walk at Home, I typically only do 1 mile per day. So while this may seem lazy, I am aiming to walk 4 miles per week lol. No combining miles either (meaning doing all 4 miles in 1 workout to avoid more miles that week )! My only 2 workout dvds right now are Start! Walking At Home with Leslie Sansone: Beginner/Intermediate - 1 & 2 Mile Walk and Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection.

Food goals are to eat within my calories at least 6 days a week (predominantly natural & nutrient dense foods). No scheduled "cheat days" but I may occasionally have a piece of Whole Foods Pineapple Upside Down cake, or go crazy with some Beanitos Chili Lime Puffs or eat a whole box of So Delicious Almond Coconut Bars, stuff happens. I also realize that I may go out to dinner from time to time, don't worry you'll read about it.

I guess that's it, thank you for reading!

BTW thank you to fellow loggers Sage, Aria and anyone else I may be leaving out for inspiring me to do this, it is a great idea.
  • My first post, woohoo! lol This is day one's calories & menu -
    July 4th, 2015:
    For breakfast I had a 2 open face sandwiches (which just means I only use 1 slice of bread per sandwich) of Italian Tofurky slices & mustard , along with 1/2 a cup of Nancy's Organic Cottage Cheese/1 serving and lastly I ate a peach & banana all were delicious and only 540 calories.

For lunch I had a 2 open face sandwiches (which just means I only use 1 slice of bread per sandwich) of Italian Tofurky & mustard , along with 1/2 a cup of Nancy's Organic Cottage Cheese/1 serving and lastly I ate 2 So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream Coconut Almond Bar Mini/2 servings for a total of 690 calories.

And for a sensible dinner I had 8 strawberries/1 serving, 1 cup of blueberries and Gardein Fishless Filets (vegan, tastes like a combo of Van De Camps fish & Long John Silver's no kidding, I LOVE these) 3/1.5 servings . 404 calories for dinner

Total for the day was 1634, my lowest in a good while I think .

For exercise, I want to get a mile in, but I haven't yet, so if this isn't updated then you'll know I didn't move . Eta I did not exercise, boo!
  • Day 2/July 5th so far, so good today, no exercise yet, will post later with my food, calories and exercise update.
    Weigh in - 220.4 my lowest thus far and marks 81.2 lbs down for me, 18.8 to 100 lbs down and 20.6 to Onederland.

Breakfast - I had a 2 open face sandwiches (which just means I only use 1 slice of bread per sandwich) of Peppered Tofurky slices, mustard and 2 slices of Alpine Valley Organic Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread, along with 1/2 a cup of Nancy's Organic Cottage Cheese/1 serving and lastly I ate 1 So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream Coconut Almond Bar Mini/1 serving, 1 large peach, Boston Market Fresh Steamed Vegetables for a total of 760 calories.

Lunch - None

Dinner - Nancy's Organic Lowfat Cottage Cheese 1/2 cup/1 serving, So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream Coconut Almond Bar Mini 1 bar, Central market seaweed spicy red Roasted seaweed 2 bags/4 servings, Alpine Valley Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread 1 slice of bread, Organic Strawberries 8 total/1 serving, Watermelon chunks,Gardein Fishless Filet 2 filets/1 serving for 819 calories.

Calories for the day - 1,579 calories, I normally eat a lot more, but seeing 220.4 on the scale inspired me to stay on track.

No exercise today.
  • Great job! You're getting close! You're encouraging me too!!
  • Good luck!! I am counting down the days till I get close to onederland again!

Keep up the great work!!!
  • Thank you so much Spangled & Firecracker777 (your names are so cute together btw lol)!
    Here's my log for today Day 3/July 6th -
    Weigh in - 219!! What! My lowest yet!

Breakfast - I had a 2 open face sandwiches (which just means I only use 1 slice of bread per sandwich) of Peppered Tofurky slices, mustard and 2 slices of Alpine Valley Organic Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread, along with 1/2 a cup of Nancy's Organic Cottage Cheese/1 serving and lastly I ate 1 So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream Coconut Almond Bar Mini/1 serving, 1 large peach and 1 banana for a total of 710 calories.

Lunch - None (I waited until dinner, it just happened that way)

Dinner -
    Nancy's Organic Lowfat Cottage Cheese 0.5 cup/1 serving, Gardein Vegan Fishless Fillet 3 pieces/1.5 servings, Alpine Valley Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread 1 slice/1 serving, Blueberries raw 1 cup/1 serving, Organic Strawberries 8 medium berries/1 serving, Central market Spicy Red Roasted seaweed 2 containers/4 servings and So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream Coconut Almond Bar Mini 1 bar/1 serving for a total of 854 calories.

Calories for the day - 1,564

Exercise - None.

Observations :
    For reference at 219 I am now -

5 lbs. away from the late & great Jean Nidetch's start weight of 214 lbs. (she created Weight Watchers, a program that changed the world!) Bless you Jean! <3

9 lbs. away from Class 1 Obesity according to the BMI chart (for the record I am not a fan of the BMI chart but it creates a goal to reach)

14 lbs. away from being 100 lbs. down from my former "normal weight" of 305 lbs. (I'm insane I know, but yeah I can't wait to hit that number lol).

17.4 lbs. away from 100 lbs. down since beginning my weight loss journey.

19.2 lbs. away from Onederland (199.8 lbs.)!

Also yesterday I was able to buy a XL outfit (super cute t-shirt & maxi skirt) in Juniors (stretchy of course ) for only $16.22 w/tax total from JC Penney, girls check out JCP their clothes are so cute & so inexpensive, I used the $10 off $25 coupon. They are also carrying Juniors Plus in the stores *woohoo* lol.

Inspirational quote of the day - "Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers
    but to be fearless when facing them." - Rabindranath Tagore
  • Hi everyone, this is my log for Day 4/July 7th,

Weigh in - 219.4 (.4 up, but I've stayed on track, so I know it will move in the right direction soon )
    Calories for the Day - 1677 (adding 10 calories because I think the calories on the slice of cheese was a little off)
    Exercise - None

Food journal :

Breakfast - Nancy's Organic Lowfat Cottage Cheese, 0.5 cup/1 serving, Alpine Valley Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread 1 slice/1 serving, Organic Banana, Gardein Fishless Filet (vegan)2 filets/1 serving for a total of 440 calories for breakfast.

Lunch - Tofurky Peppered Deli Slices 5 slices/1 serving, Alpine Valley - Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread 2 slice/2 servings, Organic Mild Cheddar Sliced Cheese 1 slice, Vita Muffin Top Vita Top Deep Chocolate topped with sliced Organic Strawberries 8 medium berries/1 serving & So Delicious Coco Whip/6 servings (I use a lot), Central market seaweed spicy red 1 package/2 servings and a Plum for a total of 762 calories.

Dinner - Tasty Bite - Kashmir Spinach Curried, Sauteed With Paneer Cheese, 1 container (284 gs ea.)/2 servings, Raw Organic Carrots 9 oz/ 3 servings , So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream Coconut Almond Bar Mini for a total of 465 calories.
  • Hi everyone, this is my log for Day 5/July 8th,

Weigh in - 219.4 I maintained yesterday's weight, um yay? lol j/k I am hoping by Monday the 13th which also marks 17 months since I began my weight loss & healthier lifestyle journey that I hit 218, pretty please?

Calories for the Day - 1,769

Exercise - 1 mile of Leslie Sansone's "Start! Walking At Home with Leslie Sansone: Beginner/Intermediate - 1 & 2 Mile Walk" (look it up on Amazon, great workout dvd for beginners & those who want results without the aches & pains of an intense workout lol)

Food journal :

Breakfast - Gardein Vegan Fishless Filets 2 filets/1 serving, Alpine Valley Organic Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread 1 slice/1 serving,
    Chobani Flip Almond Coco Loco 1 container (5.3 oz/150g)/1 serving, So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream Coconut Almond Bar Mini 2 bars/2 servings, large organic Nectarine (it was large so I listed it as a large peach on MFP) and Central market Spicy Red Roasted seaweed 1 container/2 servings for a total of 1,010 calories for breakfast *yikes* lol.

Lunch - Alpine Valley Organic Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread 2 slices/2 servings, Lightlife Smart Deli Roast Turkey Style 4 Slices/1 serving and Raw Organic Carrots 9 oz./3 servings for a total of 345 calories for lunch.

Dinner - Organic Blueberries 1 cup/1 serving, Alpine Valley Organic Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread 1 slice/1 serving,
    Gardein Vegan Fishless Filets 2 filets/1 serving and
    Nancy's Organic Lowfat Cottage Cheese, 0.5 cup/1 serving for a total of 414 calories for dinner.
  • Hi everyone, this is my log for Day 6/July 9th,

Weigh in - 219.2 down .2, a lot better than nothing, hoping to lose a little bit tomorrow, stay tuned! lol

Calories for the Day - 1,704

Exercise - None

Food journal :

Breakfast - Lightlife Smart Deli Roast Turkey Style 4 Slices/1 serving, Organic Mild Cheddar Cheese 1 slice/1 serving, Alpine Valley Organic Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread 2 slice/2 servings and Chobani Flip Almond Coco Loco 1 container (5.3 oz/150g)/1 serving for a total of 560 calories for breakfast.

Lunch - Nancy's Organic Lowfat Cottage Cheese 0.5 cup (113g)/1 serving
    Gardein Vegan Fishless Filets 2 filets/1 serving, Alpine Valley Organic Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread 1 slice/1 serving , Blueberries 1 cup/1 serving
    Trader Joe's Lite Kettle Corn Individual Bag 2 bag 28 g each /2 servings Cantaloupe 16 oz./3 servings and Trader Joes Roasted Seaweed Snack 1 package/2 servings total calories for lunch 894.

Dinner - Trader Joe's Cage Free Fresh Hard-cooked Peeled Eggs 2 eggs/2 servings, Alpine Valley - Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread, 1 slice/1 serving and Trader Joes Roasted Seaweed Snack 1 package/2 servings total calories for dinner 250.
  • Hi everyone, this is my log for Day 7/July 10th,

Weigh in - 219.2 down same as the day before.

Calories for the Day - 1,609 (or around 1600 )

Exercise - None

Food journal :

Breakfast - Blueberries 1 cup/1 serving, Watermelon 3 servings, Alpine Valley Organic Multi Grain Omega 3 Bread 2 slice/2 servings, Lightlife Smart Deli Roast Turkey Style 4 Slices/1 serving, Trader Joes - Roasted Seaweed Snack 1 package/2 servings, Organic Mild Cheddar Sliced Cheese 1 slice/1 serving, Vita Muffin Top Vita Top Deep Chocolate, 55 g/1 serving and So Delicious Coco Whip/6 servings for a total of 853 calories.

Lunch - none.

Dinner - Trader Joe's Cage Free Fresh Hard-cooked Peeled Egg 1 egg/1 serving, So Delicious Mocha Almond Fudge Mini Bar, 104 g 2 bars/2 servings, Gardein Pulled Pork Pocket Meal (vegetarian) 1 pocket/1 serving, Trader Joe's Lite Kettle Corn Individual Bag, 1 bag (28 g)/1 serving and Alpine Valley Natural Whole Grain Bread 12 Grain With Omega-3 1 slice/1 serving so I had about 756 calories for dinner.
  • Hi everyone, this is my log for Day 8/July 11th,

Weigh in - 219.8 I'm up .6 lb. I know weight fluctuations are natural, but it sucks especially because I have been eating within my calorie range for the past week, no cheating, so why is this happening grrrr! lol *can you tell I'm having a bad day *

Calories for the Day - 1,746

Exercise - None

Food journal :

Breakfast - Trader Joes Roasted Seaweed Snack 1 package/2 servings, Tofurky - Hickory Smoked Deli Slices 6 slices/1 serving (plus 1 slice to grow on ),
    Organic Mild Cheddar Sliced Cheese 1 slice/1 serving, So Delicious Mocha Almond Fudge Mini Bar, 52 g (1 bar)/1 serving, Blueberries 2 cups/2 servings and Nancy's Organic Lowfat Cottage Cheese 0.75 cup/1.5 servings for a total of 668 calories for breakfast.

Lunch - Chik-Fil-A Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette, Chick Fil A Roasted Red Pepper Flakes, 1 package/1 serving, Chick-fil-a Side Salad, 4 oz/1 serving, Jules Organic Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich 1 sandwich/1 serving and Trader Joe's Lite Kettle Corn Individual Bag 2 bag (28 g)/2 servings for a total of 800 calories for lunch.

Dinner - Trader Joe's Cage Free Fresh Hard-cooked Peeled Egg 1 egg/1 serving, Alpine Valley Natural Whole Grain Bread 12 Grain With Omega-3 2 slices/2 servings, Roma tomato whole, Tofurky Smoked Turky slices 4 slices/1 serving (normally a serving is 5 slices, but because I accidently grabbed 6 earlier, I am making it up here lol) total calories for dinner are 278.
  • Hey everyone, I guess you can say I took a couple of days off. On the 12th I stayed what I believe was under 2,000 calories, but was feeling discouraged as I came in at around 221.2 lbs., then yesterday on the 13th (which also marks 17 months commitment to my weight loss journey/healthier lifestyle) I came in at 220 lbs. which is 1 lb. higher than my lowest of 219. I'd been a good girl if you will for the past couple of weeks, give or take, so yesterday I was ready to cut loose, and enjoy some cake, go out to dinner, whatever. However, some of my plans fell though and I didn't get my cake (my Whole Foods didn't have my pineapple upside down cake *boo* lol or my Beanitos puffs in Chili Lime) so I basically proceeded to eat anything else in my path, I BINGED hardcore. I marked my calories as around 7,000+ on MFP which was probably an exaggeration but nevertheless may not be too far off from the truth, I don't know, it was like being in a daze/haze, shoveling this food and that down my gullet. I ended up sick w/diarrhea (attractive I know) I think I get dumping syndrome like someone who has had weight loss surgery, because my body isn't used to processing food like that on a regular basis anymore. Or maybe my body was like that before I lost weight but I just don't remember, that can happen to you know, either way, I'm done treating my body like a garbage disposal for the time being. I say the time being because I accept these things happen, I'm 32, if I am blessed with old age it is safe to say I'll have some more relapses, not a big deal, move on. The worst thing we can do to ourselves isn't falling, it is failing to get back up, get up, keep going, there's work to be done.

I'll add my calories later, so far I've had 2 vegan fishless filets, 1 seaweed, 1 pulled po'k sandwich (also vegetarian) and a peach. I am still feeling peckish, but rest assured I won't binge today, I'm in control.

Below is a awesome picture this girl whom I follow on Youtube & Facebook named Mellie May posted, I loved it, and asked if I could repost it, she said yes, so here it is.

ETA - Calories for the day (July 14th, 2015) were 1,931, 131 more than I intended, but it is a start, no binging!

• Calories for July 15th were 1,972 , which is 542 over mfp allowance, but I'm going through PMS so while binging isn't allowed, overeating will be. No exercise.
  • Binged, calories were around 5,000 (scary I know). Back on track tomorrow.
  • Hi everyone, this is my log for July 17th,

Weigh in - None, I binged yesterday on the 16th and didn't want to weigh in knowing it wouldn't be accurate one way or another. I will be back to weigh ins by the 20th.

Calories for the Day - 1,660

Exercise - None