I'm logging my Journey to Onederland, here we go!

You're on Page 6 of 30
Go to
  • Hi everyone, here's my log for August 29th,

Weigh in: 214.4 (lowest weight thus far, marking 87.2 down and 12.8 to my 100 lbs down, and 14.6 to Onederland!! I'm so thankful)

Calories for the day: 1,790

Weight Watchers Points Plus (PP) : 39 my daily allowance is 33, so that is 6 from my remaining 8 weekly Pointsplus, hmm. Free foods/0 points were a peach, a banana and some frozen berries added to my oatmeal.

Exercise : none
  • Hey everyone, here's my log for August 30th,

Weigh in: 214.4 for the second time, maintaining isn't gaining and less than 15 lbs to Onederland, thank you God! <3

Calories for the day: 1,813 high

Weight Watchers Points Plus (PP) : 39 my daily allowance is 33, so that is -4 of my weekly pp (I only had 2 points remaining ) I also had a banana, plum and added a chopped apple to my oatmeal each fruit is free/zero points.

• Way to go reaching 214! You'll be in Onederland in no time!
  • Quote: Way to go reaching 214! You'll be in Onederland in no time!
    Thank you so much LesGetFit , I hope you're right! lol My dream would be Onederland by Thanksgiving, as I was telling someone earlier today, while my weight is moving right now, it has been known to stall or creep up again, so I try not to be too cocky/overly confident about my goals. Today (8/31) I am ending the month at 213.2 lbs. which is .8 over my goal of 214 for this month, super happy and shocked about that. I've been praying, counting Weight Watchers points, and making decisions lately about what I want more, ice cream or 214 on the scale? lol Apparently the 214 won out, as the saying goes "Junk food you've craved for an hour, or the body you've craved for a lifetime? Your decision.", btw I had to look that quote up lol, but it is true. Now that isn't to say that you can't have whatever it is you're craving, but to have it in safe quantities and preferably planned is the goal. Lately I've had to tell my stomach "No." when I wanted food that I didn't NEED, that would have probably hindered my progress. As I read recently in one of my old magazines "I know what cheesecake tastes like..." this was from a woman who had lost around 150 or so pounds, and it's true.

Sometimes you don't have to compromise much, depending on your activity level, weight and what you've eaten in general that day. For me though, at this stage in my journey having been doing this for the past 18 1/2 months, I think my body has been losing at a slower rate than someone who just started at around my size. YMMV lol

Quotes of the day -

"Faith it until you make it." - Unknown

"Eating healthier, but still not losing weight? Eat Healthy anyway, because in the end it wasn't just about losing weight, it was about being a healthier you anyway." - Me (thieving from the late & great Mother Teresa "Do it Anyway")

"A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but its persistence." - Unknown (I think I posted this before, but it bears repeating because it is true! Stop giving up because it is "taking too long" you're worth the time, and think of where you'll be if you revert back to what you were doing before you "woke up" vs. the few pounds you're losing now eating better, I was you, and sometimes I'm still you, you can do this, so can I, don't give up! )

Before I fall off my soapbox , I just want to say courtesy of this site, Myfitnesspal, my prayers and dedication, and support from awesome people like you guys, and those on MFP I am now weighing a weight I couldn't really imagine before. My most successful (numbers wise) weight loss to date prior to this, was 60 lbs down starving myself/overexercising/purging 10 years ago. It almost feels like cheating what I am doing now, little to no exercise, eating well, why didn't I do this sooner? I guess I wasn't ready, I don't know. When you find your footing, you'll probably ask yourself the same question, but it happens when it happens, if you're determined and sick and tired of being sick and tired, trust me, you can do this, that is your magical moment if you make it so, stick to it, and you will succeed, period.

My stats -
    Highest recorded weight - 350 lbs. (about 4 years ago)
    Start weight on this journey - 301.6 lbs.
    Current weight - 213.2 lbs.
    Pounds down from the start of my journey - 88.4 lbs.
    Pounds to goal - 63.2 lbs.
    Goal weight - 150 lbs.
    Pounds down from my highest weight - 136.8 lbs.
    Pounds to Onederland - 13.4 lbs.
    Pounds to 100 lbs. down (from my WLJ start weight) - 11.6 lbs.

Lastly I was editing my signature and noticed it is rather large , I definitely plan on reducing it once I hit Onederland , hoping that is ok (I haven't been warned or anything).
  • Hey everyone, here's my log for August 31st,

Weigh in: 213.2 shocked me, my lowest adult weight ever

Calories for the day: 1,798

Weight Watchers Points Plus (PP) : 41 PointsPlus Points today, I was already -4 (my points won't start over until Tuesday) so I guess now I am -12 pointsplus? lol Plus free tomatoes, plum and banana.

• Hi everyone, here's my log for September 1st,

Weigh in: 213.6

Calories for the day: 6,628 give or take (all kidding aside, I actually had a good/bad day, tons of overeating/binging not sure by how much, went out to dinner w/my mom for a late birthday celebration and that led to more and more eating, to the extent of a binge, but I am definitely back on track today)

Weight Watchers Points Plus (PP) : Who knows, see above.

• Hi everyone, here's my log for September 2nd,

Weigh in: None since I overate super bad yesterday. I want to avoid weighing in until Friday.

Calories for the day: 1,750

Weight Watchers Points Plus (PP) : 43 PointsPlus Points w/a little more than half a pound of Cantaloupe which was delicious and 0 points .

• Hi everyone, here's my log for September 3rd,

Weigh in: 215

Calories for the day: 1,785

Weight Watchers Points Plus (PP) : 44 PP, and 0 PP strawberries 1 1/2 servings and Peach.

• Hi everyone, here's my log for September 4th,

Weigh in: 214.4

Calories for the day: 1,571

Weight Watchers Points Plus (PP) : 36 PointsPlus Points, and 0 PP strawberries 1 1/2 servings and Peach.

• Hi everyone, here's my log for September 5th,

Weigh in: 213.6

Calories for the day: 1,769

Weight Watchers Points Plus (PP) : 40 PP for the day, plus 0 point peach, plum and 1 serving of strawberries (a single serving of strawberries is about 8 berries for reference).

Weigh in: 213.6 same as yesterday, hey maintaining isn't gaining.

Calories for the day: 1,804

Weight Watchers Points Plus (PP) : 44 PointsPlus Points + 0 PP cantaloupe x3 servings.

• Hi everyone, here's my log for September 7th,

Weigh in: 213 lowest weight yet and 88.6 lbs. down, only 11.4 lbs. to 100 lbs. down (from 301.6).

Calories for the day: 1,981

Weight Watchers Points Plus (PP) : No points today, will count them tomorrow .

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/candidcamster to see the scandalous details...
  • Cute new pic!
  • Congrats on your lowest weight yet!
  • Thank you so much IdealProteinNewbie & LesGetFit for the support! Sadly I had a rough day a couple of days ago and didn't get around to posting until now, but I'm back!

My September 8th log,

Weigh in - 213.6

Calories for the day - Severe binge, I made my calories at around 6,000+ not sure if it actually was that many, but I was in a serious food daze.

Exercise - None

My log for September 9th,

Weigh in - No weigh in

Calories for the day -1,775 (back on track, good day and I was about 135 calories over according to MFP which is normal/healthy for me)

Exercise - None

I am so super thankful to & for all of the support I've received from this online community, and others that I am a part of such as Myfitnesspal & and certain groups on Facebook, that keep me energized on this journey! We are really doing this!! How amazing is that? Think of how much healthier you'll be at the end of this year, and make it so, you can do this!

I realized today 3 of my favorite gifts God gave me on this journey are patience, determination and resilience, to anyone who came from a very high weight like me (300+ lbs.) find those within yourself because they are so important. If you're like me, you're addicted to food & you use it for more reasons than fuel, when you have an imperfect day your best tool is resilience. When you look in the mirror, and you "look the same" after working out & eating right for the past few weeks or months, please know that if you keep to it, you will eventually change, that is just reality, but you need patience you are worth the time & effort I promise you. Lastly determination, even when I wasn't losing weight as I hoped, I knew I was in it to win it, as far as improving my health. I know we all have our reasons for doing this, but for me personally health has made this journey much easier to stick to, since I realized that even if the scale wasn't budging my internal systems were improving due to my healthier lifestyle.