Maintainers Vol.19

You're on Page 32 of 34
Go to
  • Hi all,

Met my goal on Saturday, started Phase 2 (down 13.2 lbs in 5 weeks ;+).. Because I don't eat meat, phase 2 is just like phase 1 for me as a serving of fish or eggs is around 200 calories so I usually continue to lose. Then I'll be into phase 3 and the breakfasts. So I'm looking for macro information - anyone have a cheat sheet? My fitbit app on the iPhone doesn't break down the %'s but the website shows the % of fat, carbs(gross NOT net), fiber and protein. So are we supposed to do protein 40%, fat 30% carbs 30%? No more thank 100 grams net carbs? I can't find a cheat sheet so anyone who has that info, I'd appreciate some pointers.
  • Hi CenTX - great to hear from someone else who's had the tummy tuck. I did mine last November - I have a scar from hip to hip. I've worn silicone tape from CVS over the scar line starting after I was able to stop wearing the compression girdle- about February. It's done a great job of totally smoothing out the scar line - can't feel a raised ridge. It's still a dark pink line, hoping to talk to my doctor about how to fade that - my esthetician claims lasering the scar line can fade it but I will want the surgeon's opinion. I had a fairly easy time healing - lots of water, walking and holding my stomach when I coughed or laughed. But I also started doing ab work about the same time I started wearing the tape - so 2.5-3 months after surgery. It was one of the best presents I've every bought for myself.
  • Hi ecdcslim: I got a chart in a pdf I can't figure out how to link or print here so here's the info for breakfast:

Protein >25g
    Grain <30g carb/serving
    Fruit <20g carb/serving
    Dairy <15g carb/serving
    Fat <15g
    Other - may be your fat (ie butter, light cream cheese, or salsa, WF product, etc)
    400-500 calories

Liana
    Even easier is the advice I got from my coach.... pick one normal size serving of each and if it's too much bulk, combine... such as full fat 11% greek yogourt can be your fat & your dairy & part of your protein.
  • IP coach job oppotunities
    I saw the following on a FB IP group:

Looking for coaches in Dallas, TX (all areas) and Oklahoma areas. Please send all resumes to [email protected]. I will not discuss compensation nor other questions on this thread. No nutritional background is needed for this position. I have received permission from Admin Igor for this post and do not want to cause any frenzy on the page! I wanted to use this page to look for outstanding coaches, because you all are doing IP and know it! I look forward to many resumes!
  • Quote: Hi ecdcslim: I got a chart in a pdf I can't figure out how to link or print here so here's the info for breakfast:

Protein >25g
    Grain <30g carb/serving
    Fruit <20g carb/serving
    Dairy <15g carb/serving
    Fat <15g
    Other - may be your fat (ie butter, light cream cheese, or salsa, WF product, etc)
    400-500 calories
    Thanks Canadjineh.

I'm already down another 2 lbs since starting Phase 2 on Saturday so adding another restricted if I am still hungry an hour or so after dinner. Hope all are doing well.

E
  • Centx- thanks for the info. I'm madly trying to save the $ and then figure out then best time for the abdominal one. Likely not for another few years.

Slip - I forgot to mention on the other thread but Woot Woot great work on your reboot 19lbs is awesome.

Ecd-congratulations on getting to your goal wt.

I'm back from the 16 day Safari and up 2lb which I thought would be more. We brought bars and shakes to spit one of each every day. Breakfast was served at 8 and then lunch not till 230 or 3 and then dinner after 8!! So different than how I usually eat. Trip was amazing tho.

Getting back on track here and need to refocus to get 10lbs off to be back at goal wt.
  • Hongera, Jenny!! (Congrats in Swahili, lol) Only two pounds is awesome and probably the flight caused water retention anyhow, it wouldn't surprise me if you didn't gain any 'real' weight at all!
    It looked like the trip of a lifetime from your pictures. So glad you & your mom had a great time together, and welcome back.

Good goin' ecdc on your 2 lbs down!

Liana
  • Thanks Liana! Love the pic of the lion. I can feel a bit of the lower tire around the gut but I had that before I left. This was the most successful holiday weight wise ever. It was pretty special for my mom and me as well. She has a heart disease, cardio myopathry, that has left her on borrowed time, exceeding the 5 years the docs had initially gave her.
  • Hi gals, hope things are moving along in the right direction....
    I am feeling a bit more hopeful today - starting supplementation with selenium to help regulate my immune response to my thyroid. Looks very promising from the studies and is working in practice right now with docs in the know. I read a couple of studies on PubMed from 2013 that show really good results. Also here's a site with some easy to understand reliable scientific info on thyroid disregulation and selenium for anyone interested:
    http://jeffreydachmd.com/hashimotos-...ffrey-dach-md/
  • Hi Maintainers!

Just a quick check in. Hope all our Canadian friends are safe from the fires in Ft. McMurray.

Weight is not good. I'm still battling the 10 lbs over my goal weight. Can't seem to stay away from things I know shouldn't get into my mouth. I did do a real long walk last night and that felt really good. Now if I could stay away from the chips and salsa!!
  • Quote: Hi gals, hope things are moving along in the right direction....
    I am feeling a bit more hopeful today - starting supplementation with selenium to help regulate my immune response to my thyroid. Looks very promising from the studies and is working in practice right now with docs in the know. I read a couple of studies on PubMed from 2013 that show really good results. Also here's a site with some easy to understand reliable scientific info on thyroid disregulation and selenium for anyone interested:
    http://jeffreydachmd.com/hashimotos-...ffrey-dach-md/
    I started eating about 0.5 oz of Brazil Nuts everyday a couple months ago, just for the selenium.
  • Quote: I started eating about 0.5 oz of Brazil Nuts everyday a couple months ago, just for the selenium.
    Yes, they are quite high in selenium, but are hard to get fresh here. I only buy raw nuts at a special sale that's on twice a year where fresh crops get brought in. Then I put them in cold storage at home to keep them fresh. In the grocery stores you never know how long the nuts have been there and whether they are rancid or not. I never liked walnuts for many years until I tried fresh ones then I knew what they were supposed to taste like. I'm afraid of the same thing with Brazil nuts, especially since Brazil nuts are so expensive and aren't bought very often. The company that brings in the nuts said they will have some this fall at their main nut sale (barring crop disasters). I DO love good Brazil nuts, though I have had some nasty ones in canned nut mixes.

Here's an interesting 'use' for Brazil nuts - this artist carves them, lol. Pretty amazing actually...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-tell-are.html
  • Hey maintainers! It's been awhile since I have jumped on here, mostly because I have been busy and mostly because I am plugging along weight-wise. I tend to fluctuate between 136-139 and I am happy as long as I am staying in that range. I, too, seem to have an issue staying away from things I shouldn't eat. It probably doesn't help that my weight is fairly stable right now. I would bet that if it popped me up 5#, I would be way more diligent about avoiding it...

My maintenance strategy has really been a 'non-strategy', which is completely bizarre. What started out as a short term solution to an extremely busy time for me has turned into successful maintenance at this point. I am averaging around 1400-1500 cals per day and 100-150g of carbs per day. I am not tracking anything, I am eating more on days that I am hungrier and eating less on days I am not. Some days I eat over on carbs, some days I eat way under. It is like being in an alternate universe... I usually end up doing 1-2 P1 / VLC carb days per week. There isn't any rhyme or reason to it, but there are days that I just feel kind fluffy and bloated or if I have really gotten out of control with things like chips & salsa or chocolates, I use that as a method to gain back some control. I still weigh on T & Sa and on Sat, as long as I am within my 3# range, I keep plugging along.

I had one stretch where I traveled to Panama (the country) for work and I definitely over indulged. Plus flying, not exercising, etc... put me at 142 by the time I got home. I spend a solid week on P1 to get back to the low end of my range after that trip.

I will caveat all of this with the fact that even in this "non-strategy" strategy, I still actively avoid my "bad" foods. This means that I still stay away from wheat and gluten, limited dairy and limited other grain sources. These foods do not agree with me, so even though I haven't been strict / diligent, I am quite strict with avoiding the foods that I know will make me bloated and uncomfortable. However, we have a pizza date scheduled for this weekend, so I will likely spend a few days on P1 next week while I work that out of my system.
  • Those are amazing Liana!
    To my knowledge, I've yet to get a rancid batch of nuts - the brazil nuts I am able to buy at the local grocery are flavorful and rich. You have a very valid point though and I will be certain to keep an eye / nose out for issues.

Jenny - congrats on successful maintenance sounds like you've found what really works well for you
  • Bump, just to get it up there on page one and a reminder to some of the gals on here, we haven't heard from you in a bit, hope things are well, and we are thinking of you....