3 weeks in and not being deterred

• I just started my 110 pound weight loss journey 3 weeks ago. I started counting calories and using the myfitnesspal app for a guide. I eat between 1200 and 1400 calories per day, and I try to run 30 minutes and walk with my son in his stroller for 30 minutes everyday. I found this blog trying to find out why I didn't lose any weight last week and actually gained weight this week (chalked it up to PMS.) I also have a blog if anyone is interested the link is http://momstrivingforbetter.blogspot.com

I am a first time mom who has always been a little bigger. I am 5'7" tall and the smallest I remember ever being was 160 in 8th grade. My freshman year of high school I got mixed up with a bad person who controlled and manipulated me for a year, by the end of that year I weighed 220 pounds and was extremely beaten down and depressed. Fast forward 5 years and I got into a healthy relationship and got down to 190 pounds but my depression was still there and I got back up to my original 220. And then we found out that my birth control had failed and I had gotten pregnant. 8 months postpartum I was 250 pounds and my bf proposed.

I have vowed to lose the weight, so here I am. I realized the root of my problem was not eating breakfast, I've hated it as long as I can remember, and would go until dinner to eat everyday and then I would be so starving I would eat the rest of the night, this bad habit started in 6th grade, but I never ate breakfast, even as far back as kindergarten. I got made fun of from 1st grade onward for my weight, and I have a lot of people to prove wrong, and a lot of people to make proud.
  • crystinajo! Counting calories with myfitnesspall and exercising 30 minutes a day is a great plan! You should do very well! Good luck!