Triggers for Binge Eating? Ways of Overcoming them?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: ^this^ When a food becomes a binge food, I stop buying it. I have to shopping today, but I will stock up on fruits, veggies and meats, but I don't even buy crappy food anymore (frozen pizza, sorry its crappy) Not in the house, I can't eat it. My main struggle is peanut butter. I keep it because the kids eat it so I can't stop buying it, but if I stock up, like there's a sale and I buy a few jars, I will binge on it...but if I keep it to one jar, I won't because my need to keep it for the kids is stronger than my urge to over eat it...
    My biggest trigger is stress but mainly being stuck at home. I have 4 little kids and after they are asleep (well 3 of them, baby is still up) I an bored and trying to relax. I can't just go for a walk or shower because I have the baby still. My choices are so limited on what I can do especially during the day, I cannot get time a lone..food is so easy to use, I can eat while caring for the kids, it doesn't impair my judgement (like wine)...just the "perfect" pick me up for a stressful day...and here, everyday is stressful!

Amen! Have you tried switching to Smucker's natural peanut butter? It's awful by the spoonful

My personal vice was frosting by the spoonful. Now any cake comes from a bakery. Mama can't bake.
  • Quote: This.

If I stay out of the stores selling food.. And I have prepared my foods in advance... That's 90% of the battle.

But my children driving anywhere in the car with me can wreck it all... I am actively telling myself to avoid fasst foods... And my 4 year olds points out every McDonald's
    on our route
    You can't blame 4yr olds. My 4yr old points out mcdonalds and ice cream stores too, but that doesn't mean I have to stop and eat there.
  • A study came out that the news reported on this weekend... when you're craving food, play tetris!

I didn't make it up! http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...drug-cravings/