Ideal Protein - Day ONE.. Anybody else starting?

• After a long dieting hiatus, it's time to get back on the wagon. Feeling good, but somewhat terrified about all of the vegetables I have to eat. :P And I really love carbs... obviously. I'll miss them a LOT. But maybe once I start dropping weight, I won't miss them anymore because I'll come to learn what a bad friendship we had.

Anyways, I'm excited for the first time in a long time about starting a new diet. This one feels different, so I'm going to give it my all. And I'm hoping that my will power can take me through the first couple weeks, and then it will be easier. Right..?

Here we go! I have a long road ahead of me! (and I've already thought of junk food multiple times... oh, and diet coke... )
  • I recently watched Food, INC and Fed Up. Both are documentaries about food in general but specifically about carbohydrates, soda, sugar, and junk food. These documentaries will give you a whole new way of looking at these foods. If you get a chance, I highly recommend watching them!
  • Hi there,

Not really following a plan here but wanted to say Hi and wish you the best of luck!!
  • Quote: After a long dieting hiatus, it's time to get back on the wagon. Feeling good, but somewhat terrified about all of the vegetables I have to eat. :P And I really love carbs... obviously. I'll miss them a LOT. But maybe once I start dropping weight, I won't miss them anymore because I'll come to learn what a bad friendship we had.

Anyways, I'm excited for the first time in a long time about starting a new diet. This one feels different, so I'm going to give it my all. And I'm hoping that my will power can take me through the first couple weeks, and then it will be easier. Right..?

Here we go! I have a long road ahead of me! (and I've already thought of junk food multiple times... oh, and diet coke... )

Welcome to IP, I just wanted to let you know to use the recipes and your packages, it makes it way easier and way more tassty! Good Luck!

Diane
  • Thanks for the feedback!

I'm on day 4, and I made it through the weekend without cheating!! That's a big accomplishment for me!

I definitely think I need to play around with some recipes... I'm pretty picky with my veggies, and it's proving to be the most challenging part of this diet. But it's worth it!! I just keep telling myself that.
  • I've lost a some pounds, but feel like my pants are tighter... is it normal to get bloated around day 5 when starting IP?