Help - how does "ignore" work?

• I'm interested in learning about the "ignore" option, as I may need to add a couple to my list.

Thanks!
  • Quote: I'm interested in learning about the "ignore" option, as I may need to add a couple to my list.

Thanks!
    Hi AshliRose, It's under User CP (Control panel). On the left hand side of the page, go down to Miscellaneous to where it has Ignore/Buddy list and click. You will see where you can type in the user name. After you do it, click save.
  • Thanks mars735,

I guess I should have been more specific. I know how to do it, I just don't know what exactly it does. If I add people to the list what exactly does it mean? Is it just that I will not see their posts? Or does it mean when they try to reply to me, they will be notified they are on my "ignore" list?

Thanks!
  • I'm not sure if they can reply to you--I think they can. The ignore list only means you can't read their posts unless they are quoted in someone else's reply. Hope that makes sense!

I'm not sure if they can pm you or not.
  • They will not be notified that they are on your ignore list. They can still send a PM to you, but it's my understanding that you will not see it in your inbox, the same way it hides their forum posts.
  • Thank you for all the info. I really appreciate it.