Looking for support and encouragement!

• Hi -

I'm Melissa and have struggled with weight and eating my entire life. I've had success with weight loss, but less success with maintenance of the weight loss. I have spent many years in and out of Overeaters anonymous, but recently came to the conclusion that the program is not for me. However, I do need a support group so here I am. My top weight ever was 260; my lowest was 135; my current weight is 195. I go to therapy monthly, which is helpful. I also recently met with a nutritionist a few times which was very helpful in devising a plan of eating that I could live with (although I've struggled following it because I've been trying to do this on my own).

I'm 42, have a 7 year old boy with life threatening food allergies, am married (almost 10 years), and work full time. I've struggled with depression and anxiety, and have had two episodes of postpartum depression (one major after my son was born, the other after a miscarriage). I am extremely compassionate toward others and respect differences, and also like to encourage and support others in their endeavors. I've gone through a lot of difficulties in my life and am positive that things always work out in my life...I like to focus on positivity!

If anyone would like a buddy, please feel free to contact me. Thanks for reading!

Melissa
  • Hi Melissa and to 3FC! Look around the site and I'm sure you'll find a place where you'll want to jump in

There is a section for those struggling with depression / anixiety, if you think that would be helpful. I post there (along with other places too) and your positivity would be good for me!

Or there are daily check-in places, certain interest groups, those who follow certain diets, exercise...3FC's got it all !
  • with your efforts!
  • Thanks, Cupcake and Liliann!
  • Melissa, Welcome
  • Hi Melissa! I am back here after 3 years. I also have had success with weight loss, but less with maintaining.

And my eldest, now almost 26, is anaphylactic. When she was diagnosed we knew no one else with anaphylactic kids, and we were founder members of the UK anaphylactic association. We are no longer in the UK....NZ now, and E is all grown up. We had a few interesting episodes over her growing years, mostly because people did not understand life treating allergies 26 years ago!

together we can do this! Let's get back on track. ...... Literally in my case as I am a lapsed runner!
  • Melissa, is there a certain spot here at 3FC that you've found to be your place to hang out?
  • I'm Hungry
    I hope I'm doing this right.

I'm Kai. I've been overweight all my life, according to doctors. I've been wanting to lose a significant amount of weight for the last ten years. I've started a bunch of diets but never lasted more than a week. Now I'm almost forty, newly divorced and my cholesterol and blood pressure are getting worse.

I'm ready for change but I lack self-control. The few things I enjoy are eating and sleeping, so it's hard to deny myself when I don't have anything else to look forward to. But, something has to change. So here I am looking for support while I attempt to change the way I eat.
  • Hi Kai! and Welcome!
  • Welcome. I've been on this site for about 12 days and It has been amazing. I think you will find the support that you are looking for