Back again...

• Hi ladies!

So, once upon a time I made a commitment to myself to get healthy. I started running, tracked all of my food, and lost 60 pounds over the course of about half a year, more than halfway to my goal weight.

AND THEN....

Ya know, life happened. I fell in love. Got promoted. Graduated college. Got a new job. Moved in with my significant other. Got two more promotions and started drowning in work. Got engaged. AND THROUGHOUT IT ALL GAINED BACK SEVENTY POUNDS. Sigh.

So, here I am again. Only this time, I've done it all before so I know that it's possible.

I started making small eating changes last fall and dropped ten pounds. Then Feb 1 I made the next big change which was fully tracking ALL of my food and sticking to a pretty reasonable goal. I hit a plateau ridiculously quickly, after losing only five more pounds. Then last Monday, April 6, I added back in the one thing I have been dreading - exercise.

And here we are! I'm back, sticking with it. I think I just needed to figure out where good eating and working out could fit into my new life/schedule. Every day is getting easier, as you'd expect.

Nice to meet you!
  • Welcome and way to go!!! It sounds like you've had some exciting happenings, and your attitude is awesome. I meed to take a page from your book. You're gonna rock it out! You've already done 60 pounds, man I know I'll get there one day but its so hard for me to imagine. That really is an amazing accomplishment. You will do it again
  • Thank you for the welcome! And it looks as though you've been doing pretty amazingly yourself!

I'm glad to be back here. My office is full of people who are perpetually dieting + eating super healthy (like - green juice that has fruit in it is 'unhealthy' because of all the sugar; guess that's what I get for living in LA) which is awesome because it's great motivation, but it's nice to be here where I'm surrounded by people who are actually losing a significant amount of weight and know what its like!
  • hi there vegTraveler! I'm also from Los Angeles, so I totally get the whole "everyone's healthy hipster" vibe as well

congrats on the engagement and for starting back your weight loss goals!!
  • Quote: hi there vegTravelveler! I'm also from Los Angeles, so I totally get the whole "everyone's healthy hipster" vibe as well

congrats on the engagement and the for starting back your weight loss goals!!
    Haha, LA really is its own little world when it comes to that, isn't it? I do love it because it kind of keeps me in check, but every once in a while you have to step back and acknowledge that Los Angelenos are nuts.

Thank you and thank you!

PS, I just saw your goal-reached post earlier today and you are AMAZING! So much motivation!!
  • haha yeah, so many fitness nuts-- and I think I drank the kool-aid lol

I realized I had so many typos^^ in my original post sorry! Thank you I've been trying to lose these last 10 pounds and I'm finally there again
  • back! You got the right attitude on this...done it before and glad that you have not given up!! You got this ...Keep plugging along!
  • Thanks for the welcome, guys! I found my old thread in the mini-goals section.

Sigh.

It's frustrating having moved backwards and seeing how convinced I was before that that was finally it for me, but it's also encouraging because I've done it once before!

Here it is.