Yo!!!

• I wasn't planning on using this forum frequently, but I don't have a place to talk about weight comfortably really.

I've made a few complaining posts in the past 2 days, and I realized that I actually am able to get a lot of words out here! It's actually kind of nice to be able to do this.

I don't have any clue how to introduce myself, but I am Mel! I like birds! I am a nonbinary 18 year old with health problems and mental things and you will see me complain a lot about those things. That is why I'm here, after all!

I doubt I'll be satisfied with 125 lbs and am currently unable to really focus on losing weight due to health problems at the moment, so I may be using this forum for some time.

Nice to meet you?
  • Welcome and good luck!!! I think 125 will be great for you, its only five pounds over my goal and you're taller than me! I totally get the feeling though... I often catch myself thinking "Is 120 low enough? Is it too high?" People freak out when I say my goal is 120 because it seems too thin for them, but its actually in the bare minimum of "normal" weight for my age and height. So I tell them 120 or whatever feels right... And I'm trying to work on aiming for a healthy happy feeling than worry about the number too much.

I agree that this forum is really great for venting and just asking the questions you need when you have no one else in your life to ask. So much knowledge, and people that just get it. There is no pressure to take suggestions either. Ebeyone understands that everyone else needs a slightly different plan.

I hope your journey IS satisfying to you, and it becomes easier to focus. Just looking at your ticker, you've made amazing progress already!!! Be proud of that, I bet you've learned lots you could share on here. I haven't weighed 136 in years, and even when I did I was much shorter than you.
  • Hi there! Welcome!
  • Thanks guys!

I've been on a diet for almost half of my entire life, really slow to lose weight it feels like but then again, I'm not exercising or anything.

125 is probably too hopeful, I'll see once I'm there of course, But I think probably 115 is closer. We'll see, anyways! Even if I end up wanting to lose more, I'm way more than halfway done no matter how you look at it, so that's good enough for me I guess!
  • Hi all! I had gastric bypass in October 2012 and have been looking for a support group. I have a very supportive family but they don't quiet understand.
  • with your efforts!
  • Hey Katt!
    It sounds like it'd be complex. From what I've seen in the past few days, this website seems like a good place to find support. I'm sure there's people who who've been in a similar situation as you, or have had someone close to them be in the same situation. People here seem to be pretty nice and understanding!