Newbie Finds Home Here

• Well- somebody suggested I probably belong here when I told them what I'm doing to lose weight .I went sugar free, gluten free, processed flour free ( lets face if with no sugar or white wheat products you pretty much are eating whole foods) no artificial sweeteners (only raw honey & stevia) when I did Linda Goodman's Red Color Diet for 45 days back in Sept'14. Although I do limit myself to eating only 3 x a day- I do so mindfully. Stopping when I'm full. It was so easy I just decided to stay on it and add back in the colors. I've lost 77 pounds so far. My main thing now is learning to eat healthy. I do still have around 80 pounds to go I believe to be healthy for my age (63),
    I do eat red meat once every 9 days-but more and more I'm just not "feeling" that. I am into chicken though and this Louisiana girl doesn't see living without all the fresh seafood and freshwater fish we have around here.
    This forum does look like a good place for me and I look forward to learning more about " whole food" living.
  • Quote: Well- somebody suggested I probably belong here when I told them what I'm doing to lose weight .I went sugar free, gluten free, processed flour free ( lets face if with no sugar or white wheat products you pretty much are eating whole foods) no artificial sweeteners (only raw honey & stevia) when I did Linda Goodman's Red Color Diet for 45 days back in Sept'14. Although I do limit myself to eating only 3 x a day- I do so mindfully. Stopping when I'm full. It was so easy I just decided to stay on it and add back in the colors. I've lost 77 pounds so far. My main thing now is learning to eat healthy. I do still have around 80 pounds to go I believe to be healthy for my age (63),
    I do eat red meat once every 9 days-but more and more I'm just not "feeling" that. I am into chicken though and this Louisiana girl doesn't see living without all the fresh seafood and freshwater fish we have around here.
    This forum does look like a good place for me and I look forward to learning more about " whole food" living.
    How has it been going so far?
  • Quote: Well- somebody suggested I probably belong here when I told them what I'm doing to lose weight .I went sugar free, gluten free, processed flour free ( lets face if with no sugar or white wheat products you pretty much are eating whole foods) no artificial sweeteners (only raw honey & stevia) when I did Linda Goodman's Red Color Diet for 45 days back in Sept'14. Although I do limit myself to eating only 3 x a day- I do so mindfully. Stopping when I'm full. It was so easy I just decided to stay on it and add back in the colors. I've lost 77 pounds so far. My main thing now is learning to eat healthy. I do still have around 80 pounds to go I believe to be healthy for my age (63),
    Hello and Welcome

• Hello and welcome!!! I've been off of this site for many years, so I guess I could consider myself a newbie as well. LOL I'm getting back to my whole food way of eating.
  • Hello
    Quote: Well- somebody suggested I probably belong here when I told them what I'm doing to lose weight .I went sugar free, gluten free, processed flour free ( lets face if with no sugar or white wheat products you pretty much are eating whole foods) no artificial sweeteners (only raw honey & stevia) when I did Linda Goodman's Red Color Diet for 45 days back in Sept'14. Although I do limit myself to eating only 3 x a day- I do so mindfully. Stopping when I'm full. It was so easy I just decided to stay on it and add back in the colors. I've lost 77 pounds so far. My main thing now is learning to eat healthy. I do still have around 80 pounds to go I believe to be healthy for my age (63),
    Hello and on your weight loss. I don't quite understand, though.... your avatar says you weight 159 pounds... yet you say you need to lose 80 more pounds. That would make you weighing only 79 pounds!! ???
  • Quote: Hello

Hello and on your weight loss. I don't quite understand, though.... your avatar says you weight 159 pounds... yet you say you need to lose 80 more pounds. That would make you weighing only 79 pounds!! ???
    Misti, she posted this back in March of 2015. That might explain it! LOL I thought it was a current post, too.