Breaking away from the 130s!

You're on Page 6 of 29
Go to
  • weighed myself at the gym today - 127!!! aaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

can't wait to see you guys in the 120s thread soon! (;
  • Hello guys! Ticker says 139 at the moment, but I weighed in today at 136! Hoping to get out of the 130's!

Wendy- congrats! Hope you meet your goal!
  • No weigh in for D this week. I've been in bed with 'flu since Tuesday, and I dread to think what the scales will say. Best to get my strength back up and see where I stand next week.
  • Hi all! I can finally join this thread! I am in the 130s, looking to get out soon! I am currently at 137! Very excited to be at this point, and looking forward to more progress!
  • Hello and welcome kahaney, for now I think it's just you and me battling through the 130's I've been in here on my own for a while. I'm so glad you've joined me.
  • hmmm, I'm wondering if I can join in? I try to stay under 130 but I'm constantly "popping back up" and battling my way down again...
  • Getting close! I'm at 133.8 this morning! It's getting harder and harder to see the scale go down, but the last leg of the race is hard!
  • Yay, I am happy to keep you company, DLS1!
    Please do join, 7pounds!
    Good to see you here, too, Charbreaker! It definitely slows down the closer we get, eh?
  • Wow we've got positive momentum here. Welcome one and all, Hi again kahaney, welcome back Charbreaker, and sure please feel free to join in TheSame7.
    So happy you're all here!
  • I'm happy, too! I was searching for a while for a thread about getting out of the 130s, so I am glad I found it! And you all seem great!
  • Hello fellow 130ers I've done my Friday morning weigh-in and I'm down to 133.4 Yay me!
  • I love this thread - I've been able to lose down to 130.1 before going off track and haven't been lower in 7 years - and ain't getting any younger. I hope posting here will be able to motivate me to break out of the 130s!
  • Friday weigh-in 130.8 PSYCHED, Yay me
  • Hi 130s ladies! I am reviving this thread. I hit 139.8 several times at the end of July, bumped up to the 140s for a few days. 139.4 today.

I am thrilled beyond rationality to be back in this category again!! I hope to never leave, at least not for long... My "old" weight, before I started gaining 6 or 7 years ago, was always in the 120s/low 130s. I think the last few years have shown me that even high 120s is probably unattainable for me at this point, so we'll see.... I may be a permanent resident of the 130s club.

I have not really been in the 130s since 2012. It took me long enough to get there in the first place, more than a year to lose "just 13 pounds" from 152 to 139 pounds... and I slowly lost more over the course of that year, to a low of 131ish. Then all he11 broke loose and I repeatedly bumped back to the 150s. I have been trying for MORE THAN 2 YEARS now just to get back to the 130s.

The good news is that I have finally figured out what I have to do to lose weight. This time, I lost 13 pounds in let's say 2-3 months rather than an entire year.

The bad news is that the only way I have found to lose weight at more than ~ a pound/month is to go on a horribly restrictive plan ... and it really bums me out that I might have to restrict calories for the rest of my life... oh well, nothing I can do but wait and see if I can lose more and/or how much I can eat and not gain weight once I am back to maintaining. Also I am going to add real exercise soon, so that might change how much I can eat.

My ideal weight according to different calculators (a whole different topic...) at least the reasonable ones, ranges from 129.4 to 135.1. I liked how I looked at 135 (though I liked it even better at 129ish!) so for now my goal is "below 135", on my scale that = 134.8 pounds. Less than 5 pounds to go. Last time due to some setbacks it took me 60 days to lose 5 pounds.
    Hope to see others in the 130s visiting here.
  • Welcome EmmaD, there are so few of us, it's good to have you here