Breaking away from the 130s!

You're on Page 4 of 29
Go to
  • Quote: Chug a chugging along here in this echoingly empty thread! I think I have discovered that my "plateaus" are just between swooshes still. So even though it seems like a brick wall, it isn't at all- it's just a brief platform between falls.

In other news, I'm finally at a "healthy" BMI. On the old calculator. But on the new one still have 5 lbs to go! Just when I think I'm at a mini goal, there's a little wrinkle! But hey, all in the right direction!!
    Yay Kristip! Congrats!! I am still stuck at 136, but I am blaming that on my period. I have been sticking to my diet and exercising regularly so I'm hoping that when aunt Flo leaves I will be down at least a pound!
  • Quote: Yay Kristip! Congrats!! I am still stuck at 136, but I am blaming that on my period. I have been sticking to my diet and exercising regularly so I'm hoping that when aunt Flo leaves I will be down at least a pound!
    I'm at that 136 mark now the last couple days. I expect to hang out here a minute while I wait for some more whooshing. I have added in a super brisk 40-45 minute walk with a couple super hills, so we'll see how that effects things also!
  • Halfway out of the 130's!!! Been at 135 now for 2 days! Yay! Hoping to march outta here before June!
  • Stuck at 136 for something like 3 weeks now grrrrrrrrrrrr........... Seems to be a sticking point for a lot of us. I sailed through the 140's so I shouldn't complain, though of course I am It's my birthday this week, and I intend to enjoy as I'll be in France (not that big a deal when you live in England) and I will be eating my maintenance. Hopefully, at the end of the week I won't have gained anything, except, of course, a few good presents
  • Quote: Stuck at 136 for something like 3 weeks now grrrrrrrrrrrr........... Seems to be a sticking point for a lot of us. I sailed through the 140's so I shouldn't complain, though of course I am It's my birthday this week, and I intend to enjoy as I'll be in France (not that big a deal when you live in England) and I will be eating my maintenance. Hopefully, at the end of the week I won't have gained anything, except, of course, a few good presents
    I feel your pain! I finally got down to 135 a few days ago after a solid week of 136 and running my butt off and sticking to my diet....so frustrating! Have fun in France!
  • ooh DLS1, birthday in France? Maintenance calories TOTALLY allowed!!!

peno777, I get so hungry when I exercise! I am only letting myself walk or do bodyweight exercises until I hit within 5-10 lbs of goal. So far so good!

I am noticing something interesting- I seem to be losing fat in the reverse order that I put it on- my stomach area shrunk down to a certain point and now I'm losing all those extra everywhere padding pounds. I'm really hoping for some upper arms, thighs and lower stomach area soon!
  • Quote: Stuck at 136 for something like 3 weeks now grrrrrrrrrrrr........... Seems to be a sticking point for a lot of us. I sailed through the 140's so I shouldn't complain, though of course I am It's my birthday this week, and I intend to enjoy as I'll be in France (not that big a deal when you live in England) and I will be eating my maintenance. Hopefully, at the end of the week I won't have gained anything, except, of course, a few good presents
    Happy Birthday, DLS1! I can't think of a better way to spend it.

• Such stubborn 130's they are! I have been PMSing this week (typically I gain ahead of that TOM, and then start losing a few days in). I'm really happy to be holding steady at this point, and think that I'll be whooshing downward again by next week. I'm finding I have to look at the big picture this time of month for sure! Hoping to see 134 by Thursday though!
  • Quote: Such stubborn 130's they are! I have been PMSing this week (typically I gain ahead of that TOM, and then start losing a few days in). I'm really happy to be holding steady at this point, and think that I'll be whooshing downward again by next week. I'm finding I have to look at the big picture this time of month for sure! Hoping to see 134 by Thursday though!
    I am hoping to see 134 tomorrow morning! I've only lost 4 lbs in 19 days 😞 Slow going but at least I'm going in the right direction!
  • New to this thread and message board.

Last I checked I was 138lbs. My weigh in is this Saturday.

Fingers crossed
  • I think it's probably a plateau for so many people because, for average heights, that's where you get to a normal BMI. This is just a guess, though, I'm not basing it off of any research or anything :P

baaaarely out of the 130s! as in if I check my weight in the morning as soon as I wake up I'm barely out of them haha but, with weight fluctuations during the day, I'm back into them. really hoping to push out of the 130s definitively by mid-June!
  • Quote: Such stubborn 130's they are! I have been PMSing this week (typically I gain ahead of that TOM, and then start losing a few days in). I'm really happy to be holding steady at this point, and think that I'll be whooshing downward again by next week. I'm finding I have to look at the big picture this time of month for sure! Hoping to see 134 by Thursday though!
    134 this morning- TOM started so crossing my fingers for another woosh from here!
  • Quote: 134 this morning- TOM started so crossing my fingers for another woosh from here!
    Yay! I was 134.9 this morning! It counts right?? Lol
  • 133.9 this am!
  • Quote: 133.9 this am!
    Yay! Good for you! My scale is only whole pounds, so I was 135 again. I knew I was just teetering down to 134 though. Really thinking about buying a new scale after work today. Pretty sure mine also weighs higher than everywhere else.