Getting Out of The 280s & 270s

You're on Page 13 of 26
Go to
  • Thank you so much for your encouragement Synger! I really appreciate it.
  • Hi. I just joined the site today. Can I join in here? I have to lose 130lbs, I am 280 right now and aiming to get out of the high 200s soon.
  • I've been at the same weight forever. I need to get it under control. So here I am (again). I weighed in at 284.4 this morning! My goal is to REALLY get out of the 280's before December. Totally doable!
  • I am closer to my goal. 2 lbs down
  • Began at 287.6 the other day. Now at 286.0 a loss is a loss.
  • I weighed this morning. 277.4. So down 2.6lbs. My first mini goal is 250lbs. Then I get to do a closet rehaul.
  • 283.4 woot!
  • I am on the cusp of leaving the 280/270's! Yeah! 270 this morning.
  • 11/06 - 284.4
    11/23 - 283.0
  • Wow!!
    So 2 years ago I was hanging around 230...now Im at 271. Not for sure how it happened but it did.

Current - 271
    Goal by 12/31/16 - 199
  • First day
    I food prepped for this week and it actually felt good. I've been in this weight range for what feels like an eternity. I think Feb of 2014. At least I've maintained but it's time to say good bye! I've recently hired a dietician and tomorrow is day 1. I'm ready to be out of the 270-280 range and to kiss the 260's but only for a little while. We can do this everyone! I have 120 pounds to lose and I'm not getting any younger.
    I'll have my official weigh in this morning. Fun!
  • Hello everyone. I would love some support as I try to get out of the 280's hopefully before New Year's day. Last year on new year's day I was in the 270's but I don't know the exact number. Because of that I just really want to make sure that I am in the 270's again. That way I can kind of pretend this year didn't happen in terms of my weight and start all over again.
  • Hello
    Just joined this site today. I would love to see people come around for support! I cant remember what I weighed this morning, around 284. So, Rose, I hope you come back, and anyone else in our boat!

Jodi
  • Hello Jodi,

I'm still here. I was just waiting for someone else to post something. I'm already on another thread (wonderslim) where I am basically talking to myself so I didn't want to do that here.

I'm well on my way to getting to my goal of being in the 270's by New Year's day so I am happy with my progress so far. How are you doing and what are you doing?
  • Hi Rose! And, anyone else who is joining us!

I'm so glad you checked back in! It is hard to jump in with such an established site. And, maybe all of the 270-280 people have graduated! LOL

I'm doing well, I weighed 280 this morning and nearly fell off the scale, I was so happy! I believe the day before was 283, I didn't pay much attention. I started the Carbohydrate Addict Diet about a week ago. I couldn't quite get to the carb-free (or near it) breakfast and lunch until about 4 days ago. I discovered yesterday, that all my cravings and constant hunger are gone! Oh my gosh, I haven't had that feeling in years, or ever, who knows.

Are you familiar with CAD? They want you to be almost carb-free for breakfast and lunch, but, you can have a reward meal for supper and eat what you want, but you have to eat it within an hour. This is supposed to keep your body from producing excess insulin, which causes hunger. But, only to people who have problems with carbs. If this works for me, I will be so happy!

Yes, you are so close to the 270s, you will definitely be there by the New Year! I can't remember what I weighed last year, probably in the 270s as well. (I could rant on, but I don't want to scare you away!) LOL

What are you doing to lose weight?

Jodi