55lbs lost in 4 months

• I don't have any before or after pictures, but I started at 290lbs and I'm currently at 245. Posting here just motivates and inspires me to keep going. My first mini goal is 210 (I was a UK size 14 at that weight (US 10 I think) and that's the size all my old clothes are, so I'd love to get back into them). I started this August 27th, so it's taken around 4 months to lose 55lbs.

Can't wait to be in onederland either!!!

My GW is 160 but I might lose more if necessary. I've very large framed and I have a lot of muscle too, so anything less might look a bit sickly. We'll see. I'm looking more at clothes sizes, strength, and how I feel too... my main goal is to be a UK 10-12, weight isn't as important.

I did it by exercising 4-5 times per week, weight lifting 2-3times per week, not being too strict with my diet or denying myself anything, just cutting my carb portions in half, trying to eat more wholewheat carbs, swapping fried foods for vege or salad as a side at dinner...still eat a chocolate bar twice a week and junk food once or twice a week!
  • Keep up the wonderful work!!!
  • Great job! Congrats on your mini-goal.
  • Amazing and very inspirational. Huge congrats on your progress.
  • Congratulations on your loss so far!! That's wonderful!!
  • Wow!Great job!
  • Congratulations! Whoo hooo!

I think your goals will adjust as you go! Like Jez is saying, you'll probably be fine under 160 -- though only you can decide as you get closer. I'm taller than you and have quite a bit of muscle and don't think I look sickly and could still loose a few in strategic spots!
  • Congrats, that's excellent progress!

What kind of weight lifting do you do? A certain routine or video you can share? Thanks.
  • Congratulations!! Best of luck with your next mini goal!
  • Hi,
    For lifting, I don't have access to any machines. I just lift with free weights, normally 70-100 reps once a week with 15 or 20lb weights. Then another day I'll work legs - just squats and lunges. My legs are already naturally very muscular though. Then on my third day, I'll do sit ups (about 100). And that's it!
  • strong woman
    U could pin me down
  • Great job!
  • Violeta Thanks for posting what you are doing at home for exercise. With the snow we are stuck inside, but I can do what you are doing and feel less cabin fever. Think I'll do just that.

May you continue to work toward your goal.