have we done cheese crisps here yet?

• I get confused with the different boards. I'm here mainly, but check in to the ivillage board sometimes and the prevention board rarely. I just realized that I had mentioned the cheese crisps here and you guys might not know about them yet.

Take a piece of parchment or wax paper (or a micro-safe plate...but the paper works the best for non-sticking).

Spray with PAM.

Add a little mound of low-fat, shredded cheese.

Microwave for 1 min, 30 seconds (WATCH IT in the microwave. I say this with emphasis because I have burned it and had the whole house smelling like I-don't -know-what.)

Let it set for 30 seconds and enjoy.

It's great for snack time. It's crispy and light. I think Erin from the ivillage board is to credit for this.

Erika
  • Yes, they are the best!! I put a tiny sprinkle of garlic powder on before cooking, or if I want a little more kick, I've also used a tiny bit of chili powder (but I like the garlic better). If someone would have told me a month ago that I would be eating cheese cookies made from nuking a pile of cheese until it was dried out and crunchy, I would have thought they were crazy!
  • OK.........hmm...........well...........maybe..... ......I will try it and let ya know!! LOL

Lady
  • Seriously Lady, you should try them. You'll be amazed!!! They taste much better than they sound.
  • YUP!! They are actually VERY good!!
  • Here's another idea....I just tried this and it's amazing!

Spread a tiny amount of chunky salsa on them when they come out of the microwave. Yummy!!! I think these are my favorite treat!
  • I made them yesterday with a slice of fat free cheese cut in 4, nuked and then topped with a cherry tomato and pesto. Yum!
  • Yummy!! I my first one today -it only took 40 secs in my micro-so be careful to watch! It was so good! I took mine off the parchment and wrapped it around a glass to it was like a shell-next time i think i will make it like a taco with lettuce salsa...etc... I can hardly wait till tomorrow to have another!!
  • Ruth has a story to tell you. snort.
  • one question about these, I know you must watch your portion...how much/many do you eat at one sitting....I think I would be tempted to eat way too much...