Just started wearing makeup

• Hi. I'm 39 and have never worn makeup. I'm still not going all out, but have started wearing foundation and blush. It feels good! I've also started getting my eyebrows and upper lip waxed. feeling pretty, even north of goal is nice. How do you make yourself feel beautiful at your current weight?
  • Make up helps, as does wearing clothing that is tailored to my body. I love beauty regime. However, nothing makes me feel more beautiful than feeling beautiful on the inside. I used to hold myself off all the time from buying things that I wanted by telling myself I can't buy it UNTIL I lose the weight. And the restrictions became more and more intense, went from not buying a pair of jeans until I lost x amount of weight to not getting a haircut when I needed it, or not buying shoes that I liked.

Doing this for a long time made me really hate myself. Like I didn't deserve anything unless I lost weight. I've turned all that around. If I want something I buy it without punishing myself, I don't need to be punished. I haven't lost much weight yet but I already feel much more beautiful.

Make up is great! After a certain age we start to lose that pretty color in our face that makes us look youthful. So I always wear blush and a tinted lip balm like neutrogena or burt's bees. I also like to wear mascara since my eye lashes are long but blonde.
  • Exercise helps me. I can't stand it when people tell me oh a man won't like that or a man won't care if you aren't to this degree of toned - my definition of beautiful is not necessarily going to be every man's definition. I feel beautiful no-joke not feel good - just straight up in a sports bra. Working out and just gaining strength and firmness feels a lot better than any nice haircut.
  • My self care routine is really important to me. If I slip up with my food my self care stops beyond a basic shower because it switches to self soothing through food. Simple things like washing my face with something fancy and shaving my legs are the difference for me between being on track or not.
  • Never makeup?? Woow.. Ok I am not an expert too but at least 2 or 3 times a week I use makeup!
  • I try to wear the most flattering clothing in my wardrobe whatever my weight situation is. I think it's better to wear the same stuff every other week than try to have more unflattering variety. I also replenish a top every 2 months and buy it for my current size, no purchases for a future bod! I think good fitting clothing is #1 importance for me feeling good.

As far as makeup goes my simpliest but feeling good look would be a little concealer on my scars, foundation, little mascara, and an eyebrow pencil.
  • I love wearing make up.
  • wearing makeup increases the self confidence .if you feel you are pretty with your makeup continue with this one.
  • I am in my mid 50's and did not start wearing anything other than foundation and blush until about a year and a half ago. Now I use a face serum, eye serum and moisturizer every day, along with my foundation, blush, mascara and lip color. I use lipsense because it stays on all day. I apply the makeup very lightly and have found it makes me feel good about myself. My weight is going to take a log time to lose, but adding makeup to my daily routine was a quick change that I had control over and it helped my self-esteem. Earlier this week someone was sitting next to me and said, "you have beautiful skin." I have to say, that made my day.