Gained 14 lbs in 7 days :( it's all real weight too.. What to do?

• Friday the 19th I weighed myself at 101 lbs (i am 5'8 and I knew I was underweight) well my husband took me on vacation and we ate out every meal and i got unhealthy foods like pasta burgers fries burritos ect and I got lots of high caloric snacks like muddy buddies and bag of Kirkpatrick bars I was starving and ate HALF A CAKE on my birthday, I stopped counting calories and just ate I'm pretty sure that it was all over 7000 cals per day. We got back yesterday morning. Weighed myself at 116... This morning it's 116 again. I see the gain in my body I am no longer bony and my thighs are now touching my face is no longer sunk in my arms no longer are veiny what have I done?
  • Quote: Friday the 19th I weighed myself at 101 lbs (i am 5'8 and I knew I was underweight) well my husband took me on vacation and we ate out every meal and i got unhealthy foods like pasta burgers fries burritos ect and I got lots of high caloric snacks like muddy buddies and bag of Kirkpatrick bars I was starving and ate HALF A CAKE on my birthday, I stopped counting calories and just ate I'm pretty sure that it was all over 7000 cals per day. We got back yesterday morning. Weighed myself at 116... This morning it's 116 again. I see the gain in my body I am no longer bony and my thighs are now touching my face is no longer sunk in my arms no longer are veiny what have I done?
    What have you done? Honestly?

From my perspective you listened to your body for the first time in however long and fed it the nourishment it obviously desperately craves. Stop trying to erase yourself and get some help from a professional who works with people who have eating disorders/body dysmorphia.
  • Hi aniamanning,

I hope you're feeling better. It seems to me like you're putting a lot of stress on yourself and perhaps you might need professional help. I understand how stressful it can be to see the scale go up suddenly but it seems to me like you might have an unhealthy inner dialogue that is stopping you from feeling good and healthy about yourself.
    I hope that you can get through how you're feeling and that you'll get the support you need. I'm not sure where you are but definitely if you are in North America there are tons of organizations that could redirect you to someone that is qualified to help you.
    Good luck and take care!
  • While any sudden, substantial weight change is less healthy than a slow transition...the changes the you describe ("I am no longer bony...my face is no longer sunk in") sound like positive ones.

I'm not sure a weight loss website is where you need to be right now. If you are concerned about your weight gain you could consult a nutritionist about designing a meal plan that would make you more comfortable.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoyed your vacation.
  • Sounds like your doctor may be the one to help you here. From what you've described, you recent weight gain was a blessing in disguise. Bony is really not a good look.