200 days ago

• I weighed 171 and have lost .05 lbs/day on average since then (I'm 5' 7" plus change).

Some days I gained two lbs and other days I lost more than two lbs.

I still can't look at food commercials but I may get past that.

By now I was hoping to have some words of wisdom. But, I don't
  • Congrats to you on your progress!
  • Thank you.

I eat so little and I hardly lose, which makes me think I am not doing enough physical work.
    My main task now is to build up muscle mass while keeping the same or slightly lower weight. Lately I have only been doing aerobics.

Maybe I'll be back when I hit the one year mark I still have more to learn.

Good luck to all of you.
  • amazing how time has flown. congrats on your amazing trend line and progress.
  • congrats on the loss!
  • It's hard to lose weight as you get into lower weights so for a 5'7" lady at 160lbs you've done awesome.

My advice is to not take the scale so seriously and to start using the mirror more and how you are feeling as your main guides. Building muscle will make you look and feel great but the scale could go up or get very sticky. It has for me. You also need to eat right to build muscle, which may mean eating more - specifically protein - but also some carbs to stop your body burning that protein for energy. Again, this can all make the scale go up but it is really hard to build muscle if you are not eating right.

Aerobics is great for weight loss. That burns fat and can also burn a little muscle if you are calorie restricted.

And FYI, I have no problem with food commercials. But pizza delivery cars are another matter!
  • Actually, I'm male and a geezer (and I probably llve within 15 miles of you).