Katts Christmas Challenge 2014

You're on Page 5 of 10
Go to
  • Katt I think you might be a bakeaholic. LOL

Whollyhick we have similar stats! We can do this! I have been maintaining at the 240's for months now.

Fresh Feeling way to go!! Stay strong.
  • I just visited a local bulk food store. Katt -you would go crazy in there. I spent almost an hour just looking and getting ideas. I bought 14 things.

There's King Arthur bread flour, variety muffin mix, "monkey munch", cinnamon chips, caramel peanut clusters, maple dipped peanuts, wild cherry drops, local raw honey, molasses, fresh ground cloves and container to keep it in, peanut butter made in-store, seedless red raspberry jam, and blueberry jam.

But they have tons of stuff. A baker and candy maker's DREAM store. I'm making garlic and cheese bubble bread (http://comfortablefood.com/pull-apar...-garlic-knots/) and went to the store, initially, just to get some of the bread flour... you see how well that worked out LOL. Good thing I had gift certificates!

Katt - also, I would like your recipe for the truffles you mentioned. both the white chocolate with raspberry (right?) and the kahlua, please. They sound AMAZING. And I have a bunch of folks coming over for a house warming party here soon and would love to have something like that. If you don't wanna share, I can make white chocolate lemon truffles. (or maybe I'll give these a try: http://thesugar-coated.blogspot.com/...-truffles.html)

My scale today told me 287.6, which brings me to 43 pounds lost since May!

So happy. Hoping to get to 280, and 50 pounds lost, by my birthday. What an awesome present to myself that would be!
  • Welldone on the weightloss FeraFilia that is an awesome effort. Though I have no idea how you do it with muffin mixes laying around! I take my hat off to you I would love to learn how to make a proper indian curry. that would be nice goal for me. Ground up the spices, make it all aromatic. One day I'll learn :P
  • START WEIGHT: 300
    GOAL WEIGHT: 270
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 30
    ACHIEVED: - ?? pounds

Week 01 - Sept 1 - 7 =300
    Week 02 - Sept 8 - 14 =300
    Week 03 - Sept 15 - 21 =
    Week 04 - Sept 22 - 28 =
    Week 05 - Sept 29 - Oct 5 =
    Week 06 - Oct 6 - 12 =
    Week 07 - Oct 13 - 19 =
    Week 08 - Oct 20 - 26 =
    Week 09 - Oct 27 - Nov 2 =
    Week 10 - Nov 3 - 9 =
    Week 11 - Nov 10 - 16 =
    Week 12 - Nov 17 - 23 =
    Week 13 - Nov 24 - 30 =
    Week 14 - Dec 1 - 7 =
    Week 15 - Dec 8 - 14 =
    Week 16 - Dec 15 - 21 =
    Week 17 - Dec 22 - 28 =
    FINAL WEIGH IN - FAREWELL 2014! - DECEMBER 31! -
  • Fresh - I got the muffin mix and cinnamon chips so I can make Cinnamon muffins in a couple weeks when my in-laws come to visit.
  • MANDY - Wow .. that shop sounds Wonderful lol .... I must admit when I was visiting family in Canada I was in drool mode most of the time seeing so many things I had never seen before in the grocery stores and little shops .... I came back with so many Halloween decorations and goodies (best time of year to be there lol) I had to pay extra for my bags!! (admittedly it wasn't just halloween things .. I sorta got carried away .. even bought back a BIG tin of maple syrup for my dad lol). I got a wonderful surprise in the store the other day .. they have started importing some things and they had marshmallow in a container (been looking for this for ages) AND CANNED PUMPKIN!!! Soooo often I have wanted to make pumpkin pie and darned if I kept getting given recipes which called for a can or 2 of pumpkin .. Im like dang .. we dont have that here .. now .. I have found some!! Not sure if that is a good thing though lol .. I fell in love with this pie when I was in Canada and had it for the first time.

As for the truffles they are ridiculously easy to make ..

1 packet of plain biscuits .. I use ones called Griffins Superwines or Arnotts Nice ... but I think Graham Crackers are the same sort of thing? For each batch I use 10-12 biscuits. Finely crush them with a rolling pin (or in a blender - but the rolling pin is a good workout lol).
    50g Butter (melted)
    2-3Tbsp Milk ... now this is where the kahlua gets in lol .. I tend to use kahlua instead lol ..
    75g Icing Sugar (I think this is called Confectioners Sugar?)

All I do is mix the crumbs, melted butter, sugar and kahlua together until it forms a ball, then I wrap it in cling film (trying to remember what others would call glad wrap lol or plastic wrap ) and put it in the fridge for about 30-40 minutes until its firm. Then I use a melon baller to scoop out the size balls that are just the right size I think.
    Melt some chocolate and dip them in, then leave them to set on a lined tray. Once set dip again if you think its needed.

For the Lemon or Raspberry ones .. same amount of Sugar, Crumbs and Butter, but add in the Milk and then 2-3tsp of Lemon or Raspberry extract. I also like to add Lemon Rind to the lemon ones or a soft chewy raspberry lolly as a centre for the other ones .. or chopped up in it lol .. and then I dip them in the White Chocolate that I melt .. I think white chocolate goes well with these flavours .. dark chocolate for Kahlua or other liqueurs (I love using Cointreau as well for a lovely Orange Chocolate flavour - a fave with hunny lol ... or a Peppermint Liqueur for an after dinner mint type).

For Choc Coconut ones - add 1tsp of Dark Cocoa and 1Tbsp of Coconut, with maybe a little Chocolate sauce or even a Chicory essence if you want a chocolate/coffee flavour ... and these ones I like in a milk chocolate.

Honestly the flavours you can add to the basic 3 ingredients (Biscuits, butter and sugar) can create some incredible flavours .. and you dont have to dip them in chocolate either .. you can roll in nuts, coconut, cocoa, chocolate hail, 100s and 1000s.

For the Oreo ones I change it a little more but its a more fiddly mix to work with .. about 30 Oreo cookies (I like to mix chocolate and original cream ones) blitzed in the blender, mix in softened cream cheese (I use about 3/4 of a 250g tub), I add in some dark cocoa (about 1tsp) and 1-2tsp of Vanilla (usually 1tsp if Im using Vanilla Paste instead of essence). This is a really wet mix, so I put it in the fridge to chill for an hour or so .. then still wettish I scoop out balls and put them on lined trays then put those trays in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours so they harden enough to be able to dip in the chocolate. These give you a soft centred truffle - I have used this centre in my chocolate moulds too - putting a layer of chocolate in and fill with the oreo ..

Anyway .. enough of that .. sorry peeps .. hope you are getting naughty cravings after all that lol .. Love to bake .. but happily even more love for giving it all away

Busy weekend coming up .. so better get to bed lol ..

Hugs all .. will try to catch up more later

Oh and WAHOO on our new members .. great attitudes and some lovely figures showing up on the boards too
  • Thanks for the recipes Katt! I'm playing around with a pumpkin pie truffle recipe in my head right now... And I've already gotten requests for the strawberry cheesecake truffles.

Anyway, First week back to it... here's my results.

START WEIGHT: 292.6
    GOAL WEIGHT: 250
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 42.6
    ACHIEVED: - 5.4 pounds
    LBS TO GO: 37.2

Week 01 - Sep 5 = MOVING
    Week 02 - Sep 12 = 292.6
    Week 03 - Sep 19 = 287.2 (-5.4)
    Week 04 - Sep 26 =
    Week 05 - Oct 3 =
    Week 06 - Oct 10 =
    Week 07 - Oct 17 =
    Week 08 - Oct 24 =
    Week 09 - Oct 31 =
    Week 10 - Nov 7 =
    Week 11 - Nov 14 =
    Week 12 - Nov 21 =
    Week 13 - Nov 28 =
    Week 14 - Dec 5 =
    Week 15 - Dec 12 =
    Week 16 - Dec 19 =
    Week 17 - Dec 26 =

Exciting stuff!

Plus, my furniture came in! Yay new furniture!

• START WEIGHT: 300
    GOAL WEIGHT: 270
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 30
    ACHIEVED: - 12 pounds

Week 01 - Sept 1 - 7 =300
    Week 02 - Sept 8 - 14 =300 start
    Week 03 - Sept 15 - 21 =290 10lb loss
    Week 04 - Sept 22 - 28 =288 2lb loss
    Week 06 - Oct 6 - 12 =
    Week 07 - Oct 13 - 19 =
    Week 08 - Oct 20 - 26 =
    Week 10 - Nov 3 - 9 =
    Week 11 - Nov 10 - 16 =
    Week 12 - Nov 17 - 23 =
    Week 13 - Nov 24 - 30 =
    Week 14 - Dec 1 - 7 =
    Week 15 - Dec 8 - 14 =
    Week 16 - Dec 15 - 21 =
    Week 17 - Dec 22 - 28 =
  • Wow....all that candy would be hard to be around!
  • MANDY - Make sure you share those recipes ... they sound yum and Im sure my customers would love the variety additions Your new lounge looks lovely .. so much space! How is the settling in going? Fantastic loss for you this week

ANNSOKOS - WOW!!! Incredible loss for you this week .. well done! Are you following any plans or just making it up as you go along?

PDX - As long as I keep busy jars of lollies dont bug me too much lol . besides .. if I remind myself they are for baking I have more of a chance of not having any of them lol.

Wasn't feeling 100% today but headed off to work for a while and finished early .. home again .. just put a chicken in the oven for dinner .. first time in ages we have had a home made roast chicken so that will be nice, the weather is pretty stormy so its the perfect night for it I think. Just had a bit of a lie down and feeling a little better now. Busy day at work tomorrow so wanted to be well rested for it lol .. very excited about it though as its setting up the new season stock and it looks LOVELY .. so much colour coming in for spring/summer .. only wish I suited the yellow lol .. but I look like I have jaundice if I wear it lol ..

Oh .. finally worked out my 100 pound loss reward.. Im getting my hair done .. back to blonde ... be nice for the summer I think and it was about this time last year when I last did it

Have a great day everyone!
  • Very glad to see you Katt... I was getting worried about you.... Ah Spring Time... Yep.. its a nice feeling to know that the weather will be warmer!

Hello to you all and Fera.. I love the furniture! You are getting settled and life is more organized and settled!

Well I have almost lost the 8 lb gain... Just alittle more to go to get to my low of a month ago (209)

START WEIGHT: 216.2
    GOAL WEIGHT: 188.0
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 28.2
    ACHIEVED: - 5.8

Week 01 - Sept 1 - 7 = 216.2
    Week 02 - Sept 8 - 14 = 213.6
    Week 03 - Sept 15 - 21 = 210.4
    Week 04 - Sept 22 - 28 =
    Week 06 - Oct 6 - 12 =
    Week 07 - Oct 13 - 19 =
    Week 08 - Oct 20 - 26 =
    Week 10 - Nov 3 - 9 =
    Week 11 - Nov 10 - 16 =
    Week 12 - Nov 17 - 23 =
    Week 13 - Nov 24 - 30 =
    Week 14 - Dec 1 - 7 =
    Week 15 - Dec 8 - 14 =
    Week 16 - Dec 15 - 21 =
    Week 17 - Dec 22 - 28 =
  • Bit of a shamefull weigh in today... However, I'm willing to acknowledge it because it will help me stick to healthy eating next week -_-

START WEIGHT: 84 kg
    GOAL WEIGHT: 73 kg
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 11kg
    ACHIEVED: - kg (+100g)

Week 01 - Sept 1 - 7 = 84kg Not much happened this week obviously
    Week 02 - Sept 8 - 14 = 83.8 kg
    Week 03 - Sept 15 - 21 = 84.1 kg
    Week 04 - Sept 22 - 28 =
    Week 06 - Oct 6 - 12 =
    Week 07 - Oct 13 - 19 =
    Week 08 - Oct 20 - 26 =
    Week 10 - Nov 3 - 9 =
    Week 11 - Nov 10 - 16 =
    Week 12 - Nov 17 - 23 =
    Week 13 - Nov 24 - 30 =
    Week 14 - Dec 1 - 7 =
    Week 15 - Dec 8 - 14 =
    Week 16 - Dec 15 - 21 =
    Week 17 - Dec 22 - 28 =
  • START WEIGHT: 269
    GOAL WEIGHT: 225
    TOTAL TO LOSE: 44
    ACHIEVED: 13

Week 01 - Sept 1 - 7 = 266
    Week 02 - Sept 8 - 14 = 264
    Week 03 - Sept 15 - 21 = 256
    Week 04 - Sept 22 - 28 =
    Week 06 - Oct 6 - 12 =
    Week 07 - Oct 13 - 19 =
    Week 08 - Oct 20 - 26 =
    Week 10 - Nov 3 - 9 =
    Week 11 - Nov 10 - 16 =
    Week 12 - Nov 17 - 23 =
    Week 13 - Nov 24 - 30 =
    Week 14 - Dec 1 - 7 =
    Week 15 - Dec 8 - 14 =
    Week 16 - Dec 15 - 21 =
    Week 17 - Dec 22 - 28 =

Hi everyone! Here for my weekly check in and quite surprised with my results since TOM just started, but I'm not complaining.

My week has been a nightmare. My boss passed away on Thursday. He has no immediate family and so all of the arrangements have fallen to me and my 2 coworkers...so it has been hectic to say the least. Since he was the owner, after everything currently going on is wrapped up, the business will have to be shut down. My temporary contract ends next Sunday and so I'm going to have a whole lot more free time than I was planning for soon. Considering that October is usually my downfall month (Canadian Thanksgiving, birthday, Halloween), this is making me even more worried about my upcoming eating.

Well, enough ranting! I hope that you are all having a great weekend and that the next week is just as excellent.
  • Well there's nothing like a crappy sunday weigh in to motivate you to get back on track. Day 2 of this week and I'm feeling strong.

I'm doing really well with not eating after dinner until bedtime now which has been the hardest thing for me to do since I was little haha.

I know it's early on in the week, but I have a good feeling about it and I'm enjoying food not being my main focus lately

I'll catch up guys, don't you worry!
  • Week 01 - Sept 1 - 7 = 198.2
    Week 02 - Sept 8 - 14 = 201.2
    Week 03 - Sept 15 - 21 = 198.2
    Week 04 - Sept 22 - 28 = 198.8 (TOM)

Week 06 - Oct 6 - 12 =
    Week 07 - Oct 13 - 19 =
    Week 08 - Oct 20 - 26 =
    Week 10 - Nov 3 - 9 =
    Week 11 - Nov 10 - 16 =
    Week 12 - Nov 17 - 23 =
    Week 13 - Nov 24 - 30 =
    Week 14 - Dec 1 - 7 =
    Week 15 - Dec 8 - 14 =
    Week 16 - Dec 15 - 21 =
    Week 17 - Dec 22 - 28 =

I was like 15 days late for TOM which NEVER happens so my body is obviously going through some changes. lolol. But PMS was horrible this time around and the period was even harder. I was surprised to see that I hadn't retained as much water as I thought I would. And I'm already lighter today than yesterday.

I've made the conscious decision to start phasing off of this phase and going into phase 2 starting Oct. 27th. Regardless of if I see 175 on the scale or not. This is a personal decision because this diet is so strict that I'm ready to move on to something else. I've been doing it for a year. So my plan once I phase off is to maintain the weight that I'm at for a year, and who knows that could shock my body into losing the pounds like that. If not, after the year of maintaining I'm going to attempt to the lose the remaining weight.

I'm just so irritated by the stall and I don't want to fall off the wagon. I'd rather do it all the correct way.

It's also super annoying and maybe this is a NSV, I'm not sure, but people keep saying "it' looks like you've lost even more weight!" and this annoys me because I obviously haven't. CHECK THE SCALE! lolol. But I have been exercising, resistance bands, the whole nine...so maybe my body IS shrinking whether the scale wants to tell me it is or not.