IP Daily Chat Tuesday 8/5/2014

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
    and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
    The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
    Recipe thread #3
    Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
    Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
    Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
    And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
    Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Hi ho, hi Ho, it's back to work I go.
    What happened to being off June, July and August???
  • Finally checked in with my coach after three weeks "away" on my detour and my various crises. She was supportive and understanding and most importantly took the time to help with some strategies to get back on the program with dedication and focus.

I am feeling much better being back on the program 100%. Still wish the issue with the "Big C' would go away but I think that will happen when my body is fully adjusted to the program.

My inspiration came from the postman yesterday as he delivered a gorgeous Badgely Mischka evening gown that I want to wear for my son's wedding in October. After much hemming and hawing, I took the plunge and bought it on Ebay for a relatively good price. Gorgeous soft, pale creamy sea foam color, fine net and subtle beading and sequins over a silk slip......

I hang it in my bathroom right over the scale!
  • Still stuck in the 180s. That pesky pound will probably come off by this afternoon, just watch.

*On a brighter note, only 2 percentage points to go until my body fat percentage is in the acceptable range. Chugging along....
  • Sooo i weighed myself again this am . u know just to confirm I indeed did gain one pound so I could continue my depression lol BUT! It read down 2.8! *chugs morning shake* I just love this program and this site! Love reading all the tips stories jokes and inspirations. It shows the human side of the program. Nice for me since I'm doing this alone. Have a wonderful OP day all - back to work
  • Good Morning everyone!

Schnectady....please share a picture of your dress!!!!!

PishPosh.....That pound will be gone before you know it! Just keeping swimming! (she sings in her best morning voice)

Caressme....Way to go on 2.8 lbs gone!!!!

I started MyFitnessPal yesterday.....OK....something deliciously fun about seeing all the nutrional info pop up. Of course, it kept giving me all these warnings that my caloric intake was too low- but no way to program it in for IP. I can see this being a healthy addiction for me - much better than micromanaging the scale.

I am going to get into TURBO cleaning mode as my in-laws are coming for two weeks (TWO WEEKS!) starting today. Luckily, they are totally supportive of my diet and are much more adventurous eaters than my family, so I know I will be able to cook a lot of the same things for them that I need to eat anyway.

Anyone have a good pork tenderloin recipe? My kids and hubby are very picky meat eaters....so I haven't made that on IP, but I'm craving some new recipes!

Take care all....off to deep clean my kitchen (yay....sigh).
  • MyfitnessPal fusses at me every day for not getting enough calories! lol

We've done pork tenderloin in the crockpot with WF bbq sauce, I'll be curious to see what everyone else does.

Had my WI this morning - 4 pounds gone for good! I won't weigh in again for two weeks because we'll be on vacation. Talked through strategies with my coach and I think I'm good to go.
  • I have more of a board question that I hope you ladies can help with. I'll be in the middle of reading a thread when I have to step away for a while. When I come back the board has 'timed out and refreshed' so my 'new posts' have refreshed as well in posts that I haven't read. In other words if I don't read the entire board in one sitting then I miss out on posts as they are no longer considered 'unread' but get marked read after a certain amount of inactivity. Does this happen to anyone else? How do I fix it so this doesn't happen?

On another note - started TOM today so it will be interesting to see how the week plays out with weigh-in and hunger signals. Yesterday I was so, so hungry and couldn't figure out why. Now that I know I'm hoping I can stay on top of keeping myself OP.
  • morning,

Do all the teachers in the US start in August? I assumed school started in September. Our teachers head back the last week in August to get their classes ready.

Schnectady - love that the dress is hanging over the scale, a great motivator.

- Caressme - great job on your lose

- pishposh- that's great that your fat % is going down, that is the important number. Hang in there the scale will follow.

takers - I am not very technical so not sure if I can help, but can't you still read or is it just a matter of logging back on which is annoying but may help you be able to read all the posts.

hope everyone has a great Tuesday, I have to say I find myself doing a lot of self talk to stay OP. It is more challenging up North away from the structure at work plus having to feed the kids all the time is endless amounts of temptations.
  • Happy Tuesday everyone,
    I'm back after my weekend away at the beach. Had my WI this morning and am down 1.2 lbs. It is a little hard to have that small a loss but I am okay with it. I had a hard time staying OP. I know for sure I didn't get enough water in and ate out a couple of restaurants and had chicken salad with regular dressing. I also had a few drinks. It was a decision I made and am okay with it. My BF got up early before me and went to buy me starbucks. I normally have my RTD in my coffee. He didn't think about it and put half and half in my coffee. I drank it anyway. I know I shouldn't have but I wasn't going to waste it. Anyway, back 100% and hoping this won't cause a stall. I am looking forward to the 160's.
  • Good morning folks! I see everyone is doing well with their weight loss. Keep it up! I left for vacation in Vegas last night. I had packed an entire bag of nothing but bars, shake powder, and BBQ chips so that I could be as prepared as possible this week. As we are at the baggage claim, I realize all of our luggage is there EXCEPT the small bag of food. Turns out it never even got loaded into the car! That's what I get for packing at the last minute and rushing I guess.
    I had my weigh in yesterday morning and was down 5 pounds for the week so I'm super nervous to be out here with out my "tools". My plan is to eat as lean and green as possible and stay away from as many carbs as I can....does anyone have any advice?! I'm here until Saturday and super stressed this morning! I can't let food keep running my life but I've been so proud of myself that I do t want to screw it up now. I have yet to leave this town less than five pounds heavier than when I landed. Suggestions?!
  • Hi everyone! Just checking in. I'm four days post-surgery now. On Friday I had a golf-ball sized benign tumor that my surgeon graciously ripped from my breast. Today was the first day I could shower, so it's the first day I saw what I look like now. Y'all can just call me "Frankenboobie." I'm assured that it will return to "normal" soon, though I don't really know what normal is since I'm pretty sure all 39 pounds that I have lost came from my chest. Seriously.

Recovery is going okay. It's been... interesting. I didn't expect to be so nauseated. I can't keep the pain pills down to save my life, so I'm relying on ice and mediocre television to keep the pain at bay. I can't keep any IP stuff down either, alas, including the supplements. So far I can keep down a little bit of bread and crackers and Sprite. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. I'm in survival mode here, and I'll get back to IP asap.

I have four kids, including a 7 year old with autism. They are all with their grandparents until Thursday, which is lovely. Hubby is away on business, so I'm all alone. It's working out for me--I sleep when I want to sleep and I watch America's Next Top Model marathons when I don't. Haha. I love and miss my kids, but holy cow is it nice not to have to be a special needs mommy for a few days and just focus on getting well!

So, that's my long-winded report. Thanks so much for all the well-wishes. I"m doing great and getting better every day. And I'm convinced that the tumor weighed 20 pounds, so when the swelling goes down I'll be fully into one-derland. Yeah... Hey, a girl can dream!
  • Quote: Good morning folks! I see everyone is doing well with their weight loss. Keep it up! I left for vacation in Vegas last night. I had packed an entire bag of nothing but bars, shake powder, and BBQ chips so that I could be as prepared as possible this week. As we are at the baggage claim, I realize all of our luggage is there EXCEPT the small bag of food. Turns out it never even got loaded into the car! That's what I get for packing at the last minute and rushing I guess.
    I had my weigh in yesterday morning and was down 5 pounds for the week so I'm super nervous to be out here with out my "tools". My plan is to eat as lean and green as possible and stay away from as many carbs as I can....does anyone have any advice?! I'm here until Saturday and super stressed this morning! I can't let food keep running my life but I've been so proud of myself that I do t want to screw it up now. I have yet to leave this town less than five pounds heavier than when I landed. Suggestions?!
    Akh! How frustrating! Check out the alternatives thread for places where you can buy bars and shakes. I know some people go to CVS pharmacy, for example. Good luck, and have a fun trip!
  • Quote: Hi everyone! Just checking in. I'm four days post-surgery now. On Friday I had a golf-ball sized benign tumor that my surgeon graciously ripped from my breast. Today was the first day I could shower, so it's the first day I saw what I look like now. Y'all can just call me "Frankenboobie." I'm assured that it will return to "normal" soon, though I don't really know what normal is since I'm pretty sure all 39 pounds that I have lost came from my chest. Seriously.

Recovery is going okay. It's been... interesting. I didn't expect to be so nauseated. I can't keep the pain pills down to save my life, so I'm relying on ice and mediocre television to keep the pain at bay. I can't keep any IP stuff down either, alas, including the supplements. So far I can keep down a little bit of bread and crackers and Sprite. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. I'm in survival mode here, and I'll get back to IP asap.

I have four kids, including a 7 year old with autism. They are all with their grandparents until Thursday, which is lovely. Hubby is away on business, so I'm all alone. It's working out for me--I sleep when I want to sleep and I watch America's Next Top Model marathons when I don't. Haha. I love and miss my kids, but holy cow is it nice not to have to be a special needs mommy for a few days and just focus on getting well!

So, that's my long-winded report. Thanks so much for all the well-wishes. I"m doing great and getting better every day. And I'm convinced that the tumor weighed 20 pounds, so when the swelling goes down I'll be fully into one-derland. Yeah... Hey, a girl can dream!
    Glad that the surgery is done and you are recovering. Thank goodness the tumor was benign!!! I too have four kids and know how hard it is when mommy is sick and needs time for herself. Take the time you need to get better.
  • Bummer on forgetting your food! You might see if there is an IP place where you are too! That is so something I would do! Back on program and loving it!

Some teachers in the US start in Sept, but many of them start in August. I know Washington teachers start after Labor Day.