My Weight Loss in Pictures

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I didnt take a BEFORE photo when I started my journey in Jan. of 2014 so the photo with the yellow t-shirt is the closest BEFORE photo I have, Taken on July 20th 2014

I need to take more current photos since I've lost 21 pounds since the above photos were taken :-)
  • I didn't really take any "before" shots either but I have a few photos that I keep in a hidden folder. They are the photos that when I saw myself in them I wanted to cry. I knew I had gained weight, but until I saw those photos I had no idea how fat I really was

So don't worry, I think a lot of us were reluctant to take "before" photos.

Congrats on the 18lbs that is no small feat!
  • You look great keep up the weight loss. I hope my smile is as big and as bright as yours when I reach my first 18 pound loss.
  • MauiKai ~ Its nice to know Im not the only one that didnt take before pictures.

Catwoman 247 ~ Im sure it will be
  • Congrats on your progress! Starting anything is always the hardest part
  • Thanks Sarah
  • haha, yeah I DID take before shots, even in a bathing suit. did some today after 22 lb lost and I definitely dont see it either....
    just keep up the great work, we will get to the points where we and people notice
  • Yeah I agree, I will definitely keep it up
  • Congrats on the weight loss!! You're doing great!
  • Thanks Danny
  • Congrats on the loss! You're doing amazing. I think I remember reading somewhere that for us heavier starting folks the weight loss started to be noticeable around the 30 lbs range, so it's normal not to really see it at this stage.

I haven't worked up the courage to take some true "before" photos yet. Props to you for posting them, it's an inspiration to go take some for myself, even if I don't share them immediately

Edited to add: So I realized my original reply sorta looked like it was undermining your achievement by focusing on when you'd see it. I didn't intend the post to be that way. Was more saying don't feel bad if you can't see it, because that's normal. What you've done is awesome, you're farther along than I am, and you should definitely feel great about what you've lost.
  • I thought about taking a before picture, but I hate having my picture taken so much I just couldn't do it.

The thing is, Terra, an 18 lb loss makes a big difference, even if you don't see it. Go pick up a bag of cat litter and tell me that isn't a significant amount of weight. You should be very proud of yourself!! You had to burn 63,000 extra calories to lose that weight!

I'll bet if you'll think back to Jan. you'll remember having a harder time walking or climbing stairs. I'd guess it's easier to tie your shoes and your clothes have to be more comfortable.

I know I felt changes long before I saw them, and sometimes before they registered on the scale.

If you just keep plugging away, one day you'll catch a glimpse of yourself and go " HOLY CRAP I'VE LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT!!! " Happens when you least expect it.
  • Congrats! You'll blow us away in a few months time with more progress pics.I can just feel it! Go hard girl
  • You keep those pictures girl! You'll look back on these one day with so many emotions, I cannot begin...

And keep using that scale to track progress until everyone notices.

Here's me at 281. A different me. A better me in some ways. A worse me in others. But a different me. Still me.

• That's wonderful work Terra!! I8 lbs IS a lot. Streudel is definitely right about the cat litter weight. I buy huge 40 lb bags of it for my kitty and when I don't feel different or see a difference or feel depressed I look at 3 bags of litter and it reminds me just how much I've really lost. That in itself is a great motivation for me to keep going. I can't wait to see further pictures of your accomplishments!