Go to
  • Progress
    A pound gone.

• Quote:
    SO TRUE!!
  • Quote: A pound gone.
    I agree 100%!
  • Quote: A pound gone.
    Many years ago, I had a Weight Watchers leader who tried to teach us that any loss should be celebrated. If we only lost 1/4 pound, she'd say, "Honey, that's a stick of butter off!" I've never forgotten.

If I only lose a little, I remember to think, "That's 1 (or 2, 3, or 4, whatever) stick of butter off!" 2 pounds lost would be two boxes or pounds of butter off and so on... 5 pounds? Visualize a 5 pound bag of flour off my body....
  • Quote: Many years ago, I had a Weight Watchers leader who tried to teach us that any loss should be celebrated. If we only lost 1/4 pound, she'd say, "Honey, that's a stick of butter off!" I've never forgotten.

If I only lose a little, I remember to think, "That's 1 (or 2, 3, or 4, whatever) stick of butter off!" 2 pounds lost would be two boxes or pounds of butter off and so on... 5 pounds? Visualize a 5 pound bag of flour off my body....
    Great visualisation ideas. My coach has that plastic representation of 5lbs of fat sitting on her desk. It's pretty heavy when you pick it up and it looks yucky. The other day, she told me to pick it up ( I was in the middle of a good, woah is me moment) and reminded me of the fact that I had lost over 8 of these. Pretty inspiring.
  • Eat to live, Don't live to eat. <--- My favorite. Sorry not an image.. I don't know who said it but i love it!
  • inspirational
    Hi everyone, I've been stalking these boards and getting amazing tips from you guys since I started IP in March 2014. I have these pics on my fridge of one of my inspirations, Maria Kang, who lost 30+ lbs after giving birth to sons in 3 consecutive years. I love her tough, "no excuses" attitude about being healthy!

• Those are great Steph!
  • this one impressed me a lot!!
  • "We cannot start over, but we can begin now, and make a new ending”
    ― Zig Ziglar