Exercising during AF?

• Just wondering if anyone's workout routine changes once you hit that time of the month? Do you switch routines or don't change anything?
  • Personally I don't do anything differently, so no, no change.
  • Unless I'm having really painful cramps, no changes.
  • Agreed. If I'm feeling awful I may shorten my workouts, but I try to continue the same why. I do find it very hard to stay in my calorie goal during that week though.
  • by AF I thought you meant Adrenal Fatigue! :-)

I am new to the board, but from experience, I tend to not be able to tolerate as much as I am low on energy in general.. but I sure admire those of you who do.
  • I was just curious because my flow is so heavy that it just makes my routine so uncomfortable and I feel so disgusting. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
  • I have a very heavy flow as well, and have noticed that when I am actively exercising, my flow is even heavier during that period of activity.

However, like the other posters, I don't change my work-out at all, but especially in the few days leading up to it, my energy level can be so low that I put in a less-than-stellar work-out. Nevertheless, I try to push myself to power through it and just get the work-out in to maintain my routine and get whatever benefit I can from it. My reason for this (and I am not saying that you are similar to me) is that I have such a catalog of excuses (low-sleep night, my knee is bothering me, the perfectionist "I don't do this perfectly so why do it at all?" nag, etc.) that I just need to get my butt in the gym or in the glorious outside and do. something.

Warning, this may be TMI, but I also love those AF after-work-out showers the most ever. All the sweat and blood being expelled from my body is cathartic for me.
  • I tend to keep the same workout routine during TOM....I even find that running helps relieve my cramps....if I ever do an easier workout, it's just because i'm listening to my body and it's not up for a usual hard workout that day, which can be any time of the month