This time things really need to change...

• So I have been obese since I was about 18 (I'm 26 now). I have been 235
    At my heaviest and have list and gained a couple times. Well I'm at a gain and am about 215 now. I made a lot of excuses to make myself feel better about the gain or the fact that I'm not trying to lose weight. I was doing weight watchers and it seemed to be going great and then I hit 201 and I quit. And the cost really isn't in my budget right now. I feel like I'm subconsciously sabotaging myself to not get under 200. Well this time I really need to make a change. I'm about to enter a career where I will be teaching people about healthier lifestyles and I think I will look silly when I'm not even healthy myself. I could really use some help on where to start at this time around. I think my first mini goal will be 199 by the fall.
  • What's your plan? Eating strategy?
  • I have an app on my phone called value diary which pretty much follows weight watchers point system. I am going to try to do that and add a LOT more water to my day, protein drink for breakfast, sandwich for lunches, and plan out my dinners for the week. I just don't know how to cut out the junk food that I love. I'm a very picky eater and I don't eat a ton at meals, I just pick at junk food.
  • There ya go! =3 Tracking stuff makes it easier to figure out what you're really overindulging in and what your body's lacking.

Best of luck!
  • Gracie, I was literally JUST about to put up a post nearly identical to yours. Why is it so difficult to keep going? I have gotten down to 196, then it's like I get lazy and just screw myself over. Shot back up to 213-214, now I am hovering around 211. It's like I just don't want myself to succeed. I know a lot of it for me personally is my mentality. I am so lazy! I don't even know when or how this happened. I think after I had my kids...I just feel so mentally and physically exhausted, it's like I have given up on myself. I am starting the 21 day fix tomorrow, and am in a fb support group for that, so I am hoping it helps me learn how to eat better. I definitely need the accountability. I'm here if you every want to chat/vent. Let's make it a goal to get under 200 by the end of August. I feel like at the weight we are at, that is pretty feasible. What do you think?
  • Ugh, I really don't want to change my ticker :'(
  • Hi Gracie,

I feel the same way. What I'm working on at the moment is constant motivation. I want to change the way I feel about food and the way I feel about myself. Reading about it is really helpful and I recommend books like "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan and movies like Food Inc. I'm trying to feel better about eating and not making food my enemy.
    Hope things are good for you and wishing you the best of luck
  • Quote: Hi Gracie,
    Reading about it is really helpful and I recommend books like "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan and movies like Food Inc.
    Good advice, reading other ppls success stories is good too. You can still follow WW without paying for it. Hang in there, you're worth it!