Why is it such a struggle?

• Hey I'm 28 from Oxford UK.

My issue I'm having is why is it so hard to loose weight and stick at it?

"I'm Going to Die younger"

"My daughter won't have me in her life very long"

"I'm more likely to develop a serious illness"

"I'm wasting my life"

Shouldn't they all be reason enough to shed the weight? But no matter how much in think about those things for motivation IT DOESNT WORK!!!!

I feel like I have a serious addiction and it's the hardest and most haunting thing I've ever had to deal with.

I just can't stop and I don't know how to fix it.

XxX
  • Maybe you can start smaller ?
    "I have more energy, better skin when I eat healthy. I also save money by eating healthy because I go out to restaurants less."
    I'm just making small changes so I don't gain more".

'I'm not restricting myself,. I'm not on a diet. I'm just making some choices for today. I'll see about tomorrow when it gets here."
  • I think the last poster is on the right track. Make a list of positive advantages that will come with weight loss. Those may be more motivating than a list of negative consequences to being overweight.

You could look into reading "The Beck Diet Solution," by Judith Beck. She presents a cognitive-behavioral approach to weight loss that you can use alongside whatever eating an you choose. The strategies are very effective.
  • Morning Biglad. I've been overweight my whole life - having been overfed as a child by my well meaning but totally clueless mother and grandma. I'm currently 17st which is the heaviest I have been my whole life.

weight watchers, slimming world, atkins, dukan - you name them, I've tried them. I've finally realised that its not about being on a diet, its about fuelling your body.

Think of it like this. You wouldn't put bad petrol or diesel in your car? You wouldn't feed your children or pets rubbish? No? So why put crap into your body? Oh yes, I know foods that are bad for you taste good, but that's largely because food manufacturers make them taste that way to make us buy more.

This is my first day of a new healthy eating project - (not a diet - I'm not restricting myself, I'm just not eating food I know is bad for me) so I can't say whether it will help me lose weight, but I know it will improve my health and make me feel happier, and I reckon that's a good start.

Big hugs. NO ONE, and I mean no one, knows what it's like to be overweight and trying to lose weight unless they have been there themselves. Just focus on trying to be healthy and fuelling your body x x x