Mrc July 2014

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Hello,

Went to my Weigh in Friday morning, usually I go on Saturdays but went camping for the weekend. I was down 2.5 lbs!! Still maintaining with in my 5 lb range!! Lovin it!!

Can't wait to get a copy of the new menu, I heard it was awesome. Even though I'm on maintenance I still like to keep up with the menu's.

Patzi I agree a lot of the ladies that was doing their plan the same time as myself are all but gone from here. Not sure what is going on but I hope they are doing well.
  • Kind of bummed -- called in this weekend to get started on plan and get the new menu. Apparently they are not allowed to send electronic versions of the menu out yet. They are snail mailing me a copy and then I'll call in and get started. The manager that I am working with was not in so no real idea what is going on.

Outside of that I am down 6lbs being on the preconditioning menu for the week. So thats pretty exciting.

Question -- what do people do about being hungry after you work out. I walk/run 2 miles most days and am working on building up mileage to train for a half marathon. I am starving when I get home and if I don't eat I end up being super hungry in the middle of the night. I'm going to talk to the consultant this week, bit thought I would see if you all had any thoughts.
  • I weighed in one day early and I maintained, still 5 pounds under goal.
    I forgot to pick up my new menu, so I will go back later to get it. I had no problem getting the new menu being on maintenance, just forgot it on the desk. LOL.

Patzi
  • This is not my first time doing this diet. I had good results in the past and that is why I'm back on plan I was training for a 1/2 marathon when I did this before and working out at least an hour a day. I found as long as I was good on my water intake and had an HNS about 10-15 minutes before my workout then I was good. I had enough energy to get through the workout and wasn't starving after. My consultants suggested adding another HNS if I was super hungry. For training it was pretty easy to stay on plan.
    The weekend of the race I did eat more carbs the friday night before. I also had a banana with my Saturday pre-race breakfast and did some of the energy chews during the race at about mile 6.5. It wasn't MRC compliant really but I was back down to my pre-race weight by Monday. The plan isn't really meant for that much exercise and you need calories to keep the energy up.
  • Quote: I weighed in one day early and I maintained, still 5 pounds under goal.
    I forgot to pick up my new menu, so I will go back later to get it. I had no problem getting the new menu being on maintenance, just forgot it on the desk. LOL.

Patzi
    Congrats patzi, I can't wait to get the new menu, I heard they added bacon!!
  • Quote: Congrats patzi, I can't wait to get the new menu, I heard they added bacon!!
    They did add bacon.. I slice, bacon deli or uncured..

Also added nuts, and popcorn... It says Pnterest has a bulletin board to collect and share ideas, MRC has over 500 recipes, weight loss, etc.. I will look into that.

Thelish.. I always had protein cooked when I became hungry and I ate that. There were times I ate a full breast of chicken.
    I also boiled eggs and ate the whites when I was hungry.. But, by all means, speak to the consultant and tell her your problem and they will readjust diet for your concern.

Fwheel 4, welcome back. Good luck in your new challenge.

Patzi
  • Hello y'all

I was wondering if anyone knows about any alternate of MRC fish oil and Multivitamin?

Thank you!
  • Fwheel and Patzi-- thanks for the your advice.

Patzi and skelley -- congrats on the great weigh-ins!
  • Quote: Hello y'all

I was wondering if anyone knows about any alternate of MRC fish oil and Multivitamin?

Thank you!
    I never took MRC Fish oil or multivitamin while losing. I take both, but they are my own choice. I don't know of exact replacement on those two items. I told center I had my own regimen of vitamins set up by me and my doctor and I was comfortable with that.

Patzi
  • I'm baaaaack Haha! Hey guys! It feels like it's been forever since I last logged on, but it's been crazy hectic on my end (80 hour work week followed immediately by a full week off). So, now that I'm back to my regular schedule, I figured I'd better check in.
    I went a bit haywire on my first day of vacation (just one day of off-plan eating) and gained massive water weight. So, I'm back to being good and staying on plan. I actually renewed my weeks, so I tacked on an additional 10 weeks. I am happy with where I am, but I wanted to try out that new menu
  • Quote: I'm baaaaack Haha! Hey guys! It feels like it's been forever since I last logged on, but it's been crazy hectic on my end (80 hour work week followed immediately by a full week off). So, now that I'm back to my regular schedule, I figured I'd better check in.
    I went a bit haywire on my first day of vacation (just one day of off-plan eating) and gained massive water weight. So, I'm back to being good and staying on plan. I actually renewed my weeks, so I tacked on an additional 10 weeks. I am happy with where I am, but I wanted to try out that new menu
    Ashleyrae did you get the new menu? I'm on maintenance but Jen said I could get a copy when I go this Saturday, I heard it's awesome! If you don't mind me asking what did they charge you for 10 more weeks?
  • I got my new menu today and I am super excited. Its been about 5 years since I've been on plan so I know some of the changes are not that new -- but WOW. I'm super excited for avocado! I also like that carbs are carbs and no dictating when I can have fruit or when I can have bread. I like to save my fruit until night for dessert

I'm excited to start in full tomorrow. I did talk to them about training for the half. They stated that I'm fine until my exercise gets above 1 hour a day. At that point we may need to look at adjusting my plan. They also suggested the HNS after workout.

Here we go!
  • Quote: Ashleyrae did you get the new menu? I'm on maintenance but Jen said I could get a copy when I go this Saturday, I heard it's awesome! If you don't mind me asking what did they charge you for 10 more weeks?
    To re-up for 10 weeks was $99.
  • Quote: To re-up for 10 weeks was $99.
    Did you ever reach maintenance? If so you should have gotten a copy of the new menu for free and not have to re-up. I'm getting my copy this Saturday.
  • AshleyRae

If your maintenance contract has not expired, you are due a new menu just for asking.. I always buy maintenance on a yearly basis, as it is cheaper. I am paid up until mid 2015..I thought maintenance was free when I was losing, but it is not. You need to pay for it.

Patzi