Any July starters out there?

You're on Page 19 of 32
Go to
  • Quote: WooooHooooo My belly doesn't stick out more than my boobs anymore!
    OMG that's too funny! I was thinking the exact same thing at my last weigh in! I'm glad I'm not the only one
  • Quote: Started on July 15th. I had my weigh in today and I'm down 29.4 pounds. I'm not noticing any changes in how my clothes fit and nobody at work has said anything. Hopefully soon I'll be able to notice.
    You should take progress pictures! I think that might help you see the change. 29 pounds is HUGE! but when we look in the mirror every day we get used to what we see. But looking at 10 pounds, 20 pounds, 30 pounds loss it becomes more obvious.
  • Quote: Lots of good weigh ins for our July Starters! I weigh in Thurs evening, and will report back.

I went to the Mini Goals thread - check Lisa's opening page on the Daily thread to find the link. Quite a few progress and before/after pictures are there. It is a great motivation to see the progress others are making. Makes me look forward to being able to share my shrinking shadow too!
    Thanks! I'll have to go take a look
  • Oneuh2--congrats on your loss. We are about the same weight and you are a little taller than me. I started on 7/21. You are doing great. I had my weigh in today also. Today it has been one month since I started on IP. I am down a total of 16.4 lbs and 7 1/2 inches. I am now starting to notice loose clothing also. This week I stayed OP better and I think this is going to work for me. My mind is finally grasping the program.
  • PreWeekend Check-in
    I have to admit, I have been getting sloppy. I have had a few major cheats. I know no one wants to hear this. I had ice cream twice in the past two weeks.
  • Over the last two weeks I have been very disappointed about how I feel. Basically I wish I would drop down a pants size. The first couple weeks it seemed like such a dramatic loss. Now I'm left with baggy jeans and when I try on my smaller sizes they wont even button. I should be happy with my 16.4 lb loss since 7/18. It's just frustrating!

This 100% OP sure takes a lot of willpower when you are disappointed.
  • Quote: Over the last two weeks I have been very disappointed about how I feel. Basically I wish I would drop down a pants size. The first couple weeks it seemed like such a dramatic loss. Now I'm left with baggy jeans and when I try on my smaller sizes they wont even button. I should be happy with my 16.4 lb loss since 7/18. It's just frustrating!

I know it's frustrating but hang in there!!! I have lost 47lbs and didn't go down a pant size until I lost 45. I tend to have a big loss and then a few small losses, but it all evens out in the end. Try to look at the bigger picture, not week by week. You are doing a great job!
  • Quote: Over the last two weeks I have been very disappointed about how I feel. Basically I wish I would drop down a pants size. The first couple weeks it seemed like such a dramatic loss. Now I'm left with baggy jeans and when I try on my smaller sizes they wont even button. I should be happy with my 16.4 lb loss since 7/18. It's just frustrating!

Kellyc14 is right -- hang in there - you are on a smart path that is a proven way to lose the excess weight.

Try one of The Beck Solution's ideas -- make a list of reasons that depict why you set out to lose in the first place -- I started a thread for this - When I lose weight I will... where a bunch of us have posted our lists -- it's very motivating to look at our reasons regularly, and ask ourselves whether each one is still meaningful and important to us. When you do that, and you conclude that you have valid reasons that mean a lot to you, somehow your resolve is bolstered. It can help you get through this in between spot where you smaller britches don't quite fit yet, but the bigger ones are just hanging there.... You'll slip into those smaller pants soon -- just be a bit patient and keep working the program.

fyi -- a lot of us are reading The Beck Solution - it is helpful in dealing with the cognitive and emotional habits that tend to lead us into self sabotaging behavior. I am counting on it to be a good tool throughout my journey, and good prep for successful maintenance.
  • started IP in july, but just joining 3FC now after much lurking (and learning). going fairly well so far - these forums have answered most of my questions - Thanks!
  • Quote: I know it's frustrating but hang in there!!! I have lost 47lbs and didn't go down a pant size until I lost 45. I tend to have a big loss and then a few small losses, but it all evens out in the end. Try to look at the bigger picture, not week by week. You are doing a great job!
    Quote: Kellyc14 is right -- hang in there - you are on a smart path that is a proven way to lose the excess weight.

Try one of The Beck Solution's ideas -- make a list of reasons that depict why you set out to lose in the first place -- I started a thread for this - When I lose weight I will... where a bunch of us have posted our lists -- it's very motivating to look at our reasons regularly, and ask ourselves whether each one is still meaningful and important to us. When you do that, and you conclude that, you have valid reasons that mean a lot to you, somehow your resolve is bolstered. It can help you get through this in between spot where you smaller britches don't quite fit yet, but the bigger ones are just hanging there.... You'll slip into those smaller pants soon -- just be a bit patient and keep working the program.

fyi -- a lot of us are reading The Beck Solution - it is helpful in dealing with the cognitive and emotional habits that tend to lead us into self sabotaging behavior. I am counting on it to be a good tool throughout my journey, and good prep for successful maintenance.

***That's why I LOVE this forum, and come here every day! Ladies, you are awesome! Your support and encouragement are PRICELESS...Thank you! ***
  • Quote: I have to admit, I have been getting sloppy. I have had a few major cheats. I know no one wants to hear this. I had ice cream twice in the past two weeks.
    Just keep trying. It is a journey. We didn't gain this weight over night and we are not going to lose it over night. Like I told my leader---I'm a work in progress. lol Just keep going.
  • Quote: Just keep trying. It is a journey. We didn't gain this weight over night and we are not going to lose it over night. Like I told my leader---I'm a work in progress. lol Just keep going.

Love the work in progress line! That sums it up

I am down 26 and my bottom size has not changed although I am sure I was cramming my fatness in them anyway so not sure on real size. Tops I am down a size from 22/24 to 18/20
  • July starter here.

• Just got back from my 4th WI and I'm down another 5.8 lbs and 6.8 in for a total of 19.8 lbs and 23.2 in! After only loosing a 2 lbs last week and 3.4 in I'm so excited!
    Since I have so much to loose the thought of only loosing 2 lbs a week was getting a little scary!
  • Quote: Just got back from my 4th WI and I'm down another 5.8 lbs and 6.8 in for a total of 19.8 lbs and 23.2 in! After only loosing a 2 lbs last week and 3.4 in I'm so excited!
    Since I have so much to loose the thought of only loosing 2 lbs a week was getting a little scary!
    Fabulous! Congrats on those results! Our mini goals are similar - I know we can achieve them!