Any July starters out there?

You're on Page 14 of 32
Go to
  • Quote: Hi . . a few quick questions for you all. Does your coach measure your hydration level each week? If so, are any of you in the negative?
    I am . . . and continue to go lower each week. (I just had my 4th weight in today . . . down 10 pounds total . . . in a month.) I started at 150.4 and am now at 140.4. Hope to get to 125.
    I drink tons of water . . . at least 80 t0 90 ounces a day. I used to be a heavy coffee drinker. The last two weeks no coffee at all.
    I rarely use salt . . . it is a struggle to get the 1/4 salt in.
    Any ideas for me?
    YOU NEED TO USE THE SALT! Sorry to 'yell', but this is very important - your body is trying to balance its electrolytes and dumping water to keep the proper proportion of sodium & potassium in your bloodstream. You need to up the salt to the proper amount to keep the correct amount of water in your system. Do a big salt lick off your hand, then your glass or two of water.
    Liana
  • Re: Salt

I had bloodwork done a week after starting. I got a call from my doctor that my sodium was low. Apparently, I was drinking too much water.

On another note, I'm not a fan of veggies. I've been living on zucchini, sauerkraut and dill pickles. I did, though, take 2 cups of spinach and blended it into my rtd chocolate drink this morning. It was great and it was like I wasn't eating veggies.

Has anyone tried Quest bars as an alternative? I'm intrigued by what I've read.
  • Quote: I am sure we can keep our thread until we get to something like 500 posts - and then it is time to start a new one -- I see where prior month starters give their new thread a new name - for us maybe something like July 2014 Starters Check In maybe?

But I think we can come back here to this thread until we approach the max number of posts. We should be good for awhile!!! Looking forward to seeing your progress postings JJTx!!
    I like your photo.......you must be computer savy snif, snif......I still can not figure out how to put a weight tracker on mine. Got to the part where you copy and paste.....humm.....will have to get my daughter to help me. I will not see her till the 13th of this month I hope she will see less of me haha I had a slow week last week......but I am trudging the road.....
  • Quote: I am starting this journey for a new life for myself today. I packed on 30lbs in the last year.I was already 30 lbs overweight to begin with. Alot of new beginnings for me, Divorce after 32 years. New relationship. Loss of old friends. New job. Just a whole new life and consoled myself with food. Its tough but just tired of feeling tired. So today I made a promise to myself to become healthier.

It's so good that you are taking that first step to get things back under control!
    No one has started an thread for August starters, I guess -- July Starter gang is glad to have you with us, though!
  • Quote: I lost 8.6 lbs and 6.4 in. While that's great I was really hoping for double digits lol
    Oh well, a little bit closer to my very far away goal
    Welcome BRSC to the July board!

Congrats on the 8.6 lbs. I think we all wish for higher numbers but 8.6 lbs... seriously that is awesome.
  • Quote: Welcome BRSC to the July board!

Congrats on the 8.6 lbs. I think we all wish for higher numbers but 8.6 lbs... seriously that is awesome.
    Thanks! I really just need to not be so hard on myself. Every little bit helps but I know the first week is usually the highest loss.
  • Week 4 WI - Down a total of 14.8 lbs!
    I had to come here to our July Starters to share my week 4 weigh in results -- I am very happy to hit so close to the 15 pound mark - since it is week 4 I thought my weekly loss would be kind of low this time. - 2.4 lbs is perfectly respectable, but it is not the 3 or better I was hitting before this. I am glad to be heading in the right direction though. IP is working well for me!
  • That's fantastic!! Slow and steady wins the race
  • Week 1 Done - Many to go!!
    I meant to give an update after my first weigh in, but like most people, life/work keeps things crazy.

Week 1 - Down 12.2 lbs!!!!!

I will admit that 11.2 of that was water and only 1 lb was fat, but I'll take it.

At his 2 week weigh in, hubby was down 16 lbs!! The first week was mostly water, but this week 7 lbs of fat lost. AND he only started with about 45 lbs to lose. At this rate he'll be transitioning to phase 2 in just a few weeks.

Headaches are gone, but this nasty taste in my mouth is annoying. However, I do like that it's telling me that I'm definitely in ketosis.

Physical cravings have subsided, but darn those psychological ones. The past 10 days have made me realize that it is truly an addiction. There were some days it was like the car drove itself to the drive thru. It's been a very long time since I've felt this in control of my life.
  • Quote: I meant to give an update after my first weigh in, but like most people, life/work keeps things crazy.

Week 1 - Down 12.2 lbs!!!!!

I will admit that 11.2 of that was water and only 1 lb was fat, but I'll take it.

At his 2 week weigh in, hubby was down 16 lbs!! The first week was mostly water, but this week 7 lbs of fat lost. AND he only started with about 45 lbs to lose. At this rate he'll be transitioning to phase 2 in just a few weeks.

Headaches are gone, but this nasty taste in my mouth is annoying. However, I do like that it's telling me that I'm definitely in ketosis.

Physical cravings have subsided, but darn those psychological ones. The past 10 days have made me realize that it is truly an addiction. There were some days it was like the car drove itself to the drive thru. It's been a very long time since I've felt this in control of my life.
    Way to go! And your hubby too! It can be so remarkable how quickly the guys can drop pounds - sometimes annoying, but you are both off to a great start. He's going to face the challenges of maintenance before you do, and you'll be learning successful maintenance practices before you get there, yourself. So glad you came back to July Starters to post your progress. Keep coming back!!!
  • Home scale
    I am one of those who weighs at home every morning.... Today I was down 2 lbs... my home tracking chart shows that I have lost 19 lbs since 7/9, the day I began IP Phase 1.

On my tracker here, I only post my official results from my IP coach supervised weigh in, but I just had to share my news from this morning -- unofficially I am about to hit the 20 lb mark. All the more motivation and incentive to stay on program!
  • Quote: I am one of those who weighs at home every morning.... Today I was down 2 lbs... my home tracking chart shows that I have lost 19 lbs since 7/9, the day I began IP Phase 1.

On my tracker here, I only post my official results from my IP coach supervised weigh in, but I just had to share my news from this morning -- unofficially I am about to hit the 20 lb mark. All the more motivation and incentive to stay on program!
    I also weigh in every morning at home. Glad I'm not alone. I found that it's a great motivator! Even seeing a .2 loss keeps me making smart decisions and having motivation. For the rare few times I've seen a gain it's made me recognize where I may have stumbled (too many splenda packets in a day, not enough variety in what I'm eating, etc) and gets me back on track.
  • Me too haha, before I've had any water and before getting dressed. I know some people say checking the scale every day can make you obsessive and easily discouraged, but like you guys I find it keeps me motivated.

Good job oneuh2!
  • I get on the scale every morning. It can be difficult to watch the fluctuations but I like seeing progress overall.
  • Hi y'all! I'm a July IP starter. Several weeks ago, I found the 3fatchicks website while I was searching for alternative products for the IP diet. And I'm so glad I did! I've been reading threads ever since and decided today that I needed to register. Discovering this group and that less expensive alternatives really do exist has been a great stress reducer. It's bad enough having to add $$ to the shopping budget for prepackaged/processed foods, but at $30 for any one IP product tends to raise one's blood pressure. Well, anyway. . . . I'm glad I found y'all.