Any July starters out there?

You're on Page 11 of 32
Go to
  • Quote:
    Just finishing my 3rdweek too -
    I am going for 3rd weigh in tomorrow and will share results!
    It's tomorrow - how'd it go??
  • Thanks! Great idea for Shepherds Pie. Cauliflower does a great potato replacement. Will try, especially with fresh thyme and bay leaf.
  • Gf Ip
    Quote: I can't give you any gluten free advice. Maybe someone else can step in for that.

http://idealweightfairbanks.com/nutritional_info.pdf I can't get my adobe to work on this computer but I found a sheet once that showed which products have gluten. Maybe it's this link.

Now, on to the 'cooking inventive meals daily' comment - I feel like I am much more creative with my meals for dinner. For instance, I made a low carb shephard's pie last night with extra lean ground beef and a cauliflower puree with mushrooms and bell peppers. It was SOOOO satisfying!!! That wouldn't have been something I would have come up with without being on IP.
    Quote: Hi FATX: I am GF and did IP (in maint. now) The latest sheet for GF is as follows, sorry I don't have a way to scan & post, but will list here as of June 2014 in Canada:

Omelet Mix plain & Fine Herb
    Soups - Mushroom, leek, chicken soup, broccoli & cheese
    Potato puree
    Chicken Dijonnaise
    Beef Stroganoff
    Raspberry Chocolaty Bar
    Mangosteen powdered water enhancer
    Puddings - Banana, Milk & Dark Choc, Vanilla, Butterscotch
    Raspberry Jelly
    Southwest Cheese Curls
    White Cheddar Ridges
    Fruity Drinks - Orange, Pineapple/Banana, Pink Lemonade, Lemon Tea
    Rich Drinks - Bluberry Cran-Granata, Cappuccino, Chocolate, Peach Mango, Pina Colada, Wildberry yogourt, Vanilla
    RTD - Strawberry/Banana, Cappuccino, Vanilla Pudding, Chocolate Pudding
    Meal Replacements - Ideal Complete Choc Drink, IC Vanilla Drink, IC Strawberry Drink

Supplements: Ideal Salt This means you will need to buy your vitamins separately from a health/drug store as they cannot guarantee no gluten in the IP vitamins.

You might want to copy & paste into a document for yourself. These are labelled GF, other items may be technically gluten free but may be contaminated by gluten in manufacturing. I also added alternatives like Brown Rice protein smoothies (Prairie Naturals) and GF Soy free vegan VEGA Protein Smoothie powders, and Garden of Life RAW protein powder from pea, seeds, algae - Cacao flavour These are all at least 15g protein, near 0 fats & <4 net carbs.
    Hope this helps! If you need to, post on daily chat & I will help as much as possible until you get enough posts to message me privately (if you prefer later.)

Liana
    Thanks!
  • Hi all, I found the perfect way to get my veggies in. I vitamix 2-3 cups of spinach, chard and kale and add ice and the strawberry/banana IP drink. It is so tasty!!! I am happy I found this as I was struggling to get the greens in. I dropped another 2.4 this week so have lost 14.6 in two weeks. Still struggling with the paakages but I keep telling myself one day at a time but I really look forward to my one normal meal a day.
  • Quote: Hello companions in weight loss -- I am just checking-in. I'm in week three and want to lose at least 5 this week! I have been pretty much OP. Had a social gathering last night and ate raw veggies that were served. Also green beans that were baked. I will have to look those up as they were from Trader Joe's and had a very light dusting of crumbly spices on them..there may have been some bread crumbs, will need to investigate.

My coach told me I was allowed to have up to 5 IP products in the first 2 weeks. I am wondering if I am supposed to cut that back now to just 3? I need to ask her. I think she wanted to me to feel like I wouldn't go hungry as my body was adjusting to the program.

Also, while I understand I shouldn't be doing "strenuous" exercise, I feel I should be walking or something! The legs are looking flabby and need toning.

Any suggestions or feedback? Thank you and appreciate this forum so much!
    Those baked greenbeans sound great......I was told to try and walk 30 minutes a day. I do not always do that. I am on week five. I have 3 IP's a day only one is restricted and that is my PB Bar in the morning that I have with my one cup of coffee I m allowed. Other than that I am very strict on plan. I carry sea salt, WF salad dressing packets and Truvia in my purse for emergencies.....
  • Quote: Hi all, I found the perfect way to get my veggies in. I vitamix 2-3 cups of spinach, chard and kale and add ice and the strawberry/banana IP drink. It is so tasty!!! I am happy I found this as I was struggling to get the greens in. I dropped another 2.4 this week so have lost 14.6 in two weeks. Still struggling with the paakages but I keep telling myself one day at a time but I really look forward to my one normal meal a day.
    You go girl!!! That's awsome!!! Great job........
  • Ok fellow July Starters - I made it to my #3 Weigh In today and I am down another 3 lbs - that's 12.4 in 22 days - Double digits!!
    Interestingly my measurements were about the same as 10 days ago - I know that my midsection between bust and waist is narrower -- but that is not a measurement taken by my coach, so I'll just trust how my clothes fit on that one - I am definitely feeling less porky there.

I was down in fat percentage per the hand held body mass tool. I know that little machine may not be totally reliable, but so far it shows me gradually going down in fat and registering good on hydration.

After 10 days OP and clearing the first 10 lbs of my goal, I treated myself to a pass through the Lord and Taylor summer clearance and picked up a few nice tops for only $4.99 each -- much better treat than some food reward that I might have done before getting on the IP protocol.

Today is the last day of July so I guess someone will start a new thread for August Starters - let's reconnect here to stay in touch and share progress so we can support one another.

And if I have not mentioned it, I really am getting good info from other threads - latest one is What are you eating today IPeeps? - another thread I highly recommend for us newbies.
  • Quote: It's tomorrow - how'd it go??
    JJTx: Thanks for asking! I just posted - down another 3 lbs for a total of 12.4 so far -- happy to continue to be heading in the right direction!
  • Woot!! Way to go!

Can't we keep our thread? We'll always be July starters...
  • I am sure we can keep our thread until we get to something like 500 posts - and then it is time to start a new one -- I see where prior month starters give their new thread a new name - for us maybe something like July 2014 Starters Check In maybe?

But I think we can come back here to this thread until we approach the max number of posts. We should be good for awhile!!! Looking forward to seeing your progress postings JJTx!!
  • Hey all--

Had my week 2 weigh in yesterday. I was down 4 more pounds for a total of 21 pounds in two weeks.

I do have a question about Splenda. How much are we allowed? I've found uses for it in tea, sprinkled on zucchini and mixed in with some of the IP product. I just don't want to overdo it.

Thanks

Melissa
  • Hey guys!

Starting my 5th week today on IP. Slow weight loss is making me disappointed. I need some encouragement to help me keep going. Thanks!
  • Quote: Hey all--

Had my week 2 weigh in yesterday. I was down 4 more pounds for a total of 21 pounds in two weeks.

I do have a question about Splenda. How much are we allowed? I've found uses for it in tea, sprinkled on zucchini and mixed in with some of the IP product. I just don't want to overdo it.

Thanks

Melissa

Terrific weight loss results! In two weeks you are into the 200's - that's fabulous!!

Good question about the Splenda usage -- I use Stevia and have asked myself the same question about whether I use it too much... in coffee, added to pudding mix when I double the water and make it into a lower carb drink, added to some recipes....

We may need to ask this question on the Daily Thread but let's see if anyone weighs in on it here.
  • Wish I had a like bottom for all !
  • Hi All,

I am a July restarter. I am on day 5 being back on program!