Worldlies in July - Jiggly, wiggly, giggly.

You're on Page 3 of 13
Go to
  • Susie & Laura ~ Im glad to know Im not the only one that needs to wake up before starting to exercise.

Laura ~ Your welcome for the B-Day Song, I LOVE Singing, I do it every day, Im always listening to music.

CJ ~ Yeah, I'll be sure to post a picture of the quilt when its done although Im a little scared too, Im sure it wont look as good as the one I did with my grandma.

Michelle ~ I think the reason why they wanted me to be able to drag 460 pounds was in case of an emergency I would be able to pull kids off the bus and I guess kids can weigh up to 460 pounds, Although when I was a kid I dont remember seeing any kids that weighted 460 pounds LOL.

I've decided when I sleep in I need to still do WATP's DVD to get my exercise in instead of just waiting to go for my evening walk or waiting until the next morning to do my morning walk so thats what Im gonna start doing if I happen to miss walking in the morning or in the evening cause like last night I forgot to set my alarm for 8:30 pm when I took my nap so when I woke up it was 9:45 pm, Too late to go for my evening walk.
  • Michelle - I hope you figure out what caused the blood sugar crashes. I imagine keeping a food and activity diary is especially helpful in dialing in on what to eat and when. I love the idea of a natural groundcover - sure would save the $$ spent on mulch. And of course it's natural. Way in the back of our yard where it backs up to our neighbor, vines started growing into our yard from theirs and I let them stay because it's either that or weeds, and the vines look nicer, LOL. But with the skunks in our area, I can't let the vines get too out of control - I don't want the skunks thinking it's a nice place to nest!!! Enjoy your water aerobics class tonight!

Terra - Ah, now I can see why they would want you to be able to lift a certain amount of weight, but 460 pounds seems way out of range...

I forgot to mention that I did go to my WW meeting last Thursday. I was expecting a slight gain, but I had a 0.4 pound loss. I'll take it!

I really want to get back into regular exercise, I'm feeling pretty flabby and jiggly lately. I photocopied the plank variation workout from the magazine, so now I have that to try out. I also need to get back to the gym for classes. I'm just not "feeling it" with this gym, so I might just let the membership go and do something else with the $$.
  • Morning all,
    Back from the land of Oz once more and only 4 more working days to go. I have work to keep me going for at least 3 of them so I might be able to drag it out for the fourth.

Adelaide was cold and on Saturday night very wet. Sunday was a beautiful day fortunately as parts of Adelaide got flooded overnight. We had a nice visit. I bought wee Miss S a gold locket for her birthday which she will be able to wear for special occasions now and M is to have it engraved for me. I will buy the chain to match for her Christmas present. It pleased the mumma so I am in the good books for a while. Nothing quite like gold for softening the hard feelings.
    Miss S is doing extremely well and her speech is very good. She has good ears and is a quick parrot study so one has to be careful what one says in front of her. She is constantly on the move and food is not a motivation - much to mummas distress (constantly trying to feed her - which rather defeats the purpose of a good meal time anyway IMHO).
    Sunday we went to a birthday party for another little girl. It was a butterfly dressup party. I'll post some pictures when I get time tonight.

With that I should also get on with some work - I'll be back as time permits.
  • I'm really disappointed. I'm still feeling dizzy/lightheaded so I'm skipping water aerobics tonight. My blood sugar is right where it should be, so I don't know what's going on. I'm just thinking that driving 30-40 minutes to and from the gym, and getting my heart rate up by jumping about in the water is probably not a good idea today. I'll walk Santa and maybe take him to the dog park around 7 after it cools down a little.

=============================

Terra - What kind of music is your favorite to listen to and/or sing?

Laura - Congrats on the weight loss!! That's very good, especially considering your difficult and emotional week.

Shad - Good that M's feelings can be mended with gold. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of Miss S.
  • Laura ~ Yeah I agree it does seem way out of range.

Michelle ~ Right now my favorite band is Shinedown so I like to listen to them alot and I like singing their songs as well.

Next Monday Im gonna buy some purple fabric for my t-shirt quilt, Im looking forward to going to walmart to look at what different kinds of purple fabric they have.
  • I just did WATP's DVD and I did the 1 Mile walk, You can choose between 1 mile or 2 miles and I did 1 mile since it was my first time tonight but Im sure after a couple months I'll try the 2 mile walk.
  • Can't seem to upload any photos to Photobucket. @#%$@#%#$%

Try again tomorrow.

• I've lost patience with Photobucket. I can (sometimes) upload one photo. I've managed to get two up there, but now I am all out of enthusiasm. More tomorrow.
  • Shad
    What a beautiful little girl! I know you are proud of her

Michelle
    That scary to have those blood sugar crashes And don't blame you fro not driving that far to a gym. I wouldn't drive from where I live to Paragould
    just for gym access.

I hear my aunt in the kitchen so I'll start to get ready.
    I can't have any food so I may just stay in my room.
  • Good morning ladies,

I woke up feeling just a little bit dizzy. I'll see how I feel in an hour or two and decide whether I need to call the doctor.

================================

Terra - Haven't heard of Shinedown. But I googled them and since they're a rock band, I'll take a listen. I like most kinds of music, with the exception of some thrash metal and gangster rap. But I do enjoy hip-hop, some rap, rock (60s through current), and some country. Oooh, purple fabric for the quilt. Purple is my favorite color! Bravo on doing WATP! Sounds like you enjoyed it! Good for you!

Shad - Miss S has really grown!! She's absolutely beautiful! I love the photo of her with the butterfly wings, and the one of her and her dad in the pool is cute.

Ceejay - I hope everything goes well today. The gym I normally go to is about 15-20 minutes from work and 5 minutes from home and the doggie day care. But that gym only has water aerobics on Fridays, so if I want to do water aerobics on Mondays and Wednesdays, I have to drive further, which I usually don't mind doing because water aerobics is so much fun, but yesterday I wasn't feeling up for it.

I'll be back later to check on the rest of you.

Much love to all,
  • Morning all.

Shad – Glad your visit in Adelaide went well. Good to hear little S is doing well. Yay for the locket going over well. Nice idea, and now you know what you’ll buy her for Christmas – since you said the C word, I figure I can get away with it, hahaha. Thanks for sharing the photos – what a beautiful granddaughter you have!

Ceejay – Nice your aunt and uncle are helping you out today. Hope the worst part is over and the rest goes well.

Terra – Is the purple fabric for the back of the quilt? How did you like doing WATP?

Michelle – Sorry you couldn’t make the class last night, but better safe than sorry. Hope you’re feeling better today. Do you feel like maybe you have an ear infection or something?

Meeting now, so maybe I’ll be back later.
  • Morning all,
    Michelle - sounds like middle ear infection to me.

Ceejay - yeah, she is a happy healthy little girl. There are problems with food but other than that she is pretty okay and yes I am proud of her.

Laura - unfortunately natural groundcover doesn't suppress all the weeds. Some will get through. Much as I like it. So I tend to use sugar cane mulch in thick lumps. As long as I water thoroughly before putting it on, it is fine. Our weeds are particularly tenacious.
    Congrats on the loss. Every bit helps. Oh and happy birthday for last week. I saw but couldn't post.

Susie - glad to hear that you had some time off over the long weekend. A bit of life balance for you.

Happy - you must be busy since you haven't posted since Sunday. Hope you are avoiding the bear and so are the deer and the turkeys.

Annie - get with the program girl. Where are you.

Terra - good on you for doing the WATP program. Looking forward to seeing the quilt pictures.

And there is nothing here to report. I have one more document to produce and that is causing complete angst. It's going to take all my knowledge and expertise with the u-Perform program to get this one straight. How we like to complicate things.

So I better go look at the news for the day. See how many shootings there have been in the US, check out the tourist target for the day - we have had the tourists driving over here and managing to kill a couple of people. Mind you one of them has a mind problem. Check out the flooding, mining disasters, sporting people who have misbehaved and likewise your A listers. Is there any good news in the world. Probably not, good deeds don't tend to sell newspapers.
  • Shad - Yeh, I do get some weeds that come up through my overcrowded beds of hosta, daylilies, etc. Thankfully it's much less than if there were a lot of space. Good luck with that last document. I had 4 reports to run and all ran just fine, 3 exported to Excel fine, but the 4th would not export. Sigh.

--
    Nothing much to report. I'm not ready to plow onward with the next big work project this late in the day, so I'll hold off until tomorrow. The boss is out for the next couple days at a training thing so it will be quiet around here.

I'm going to movie night tonight - we're seeing "Jersey Boys". I liked the stage show, we'll see how the movie is. I think I'll leave the office a wee bit early so I can pick up a snack to sneak into the movie tonight.

That's it for me. TTFN!
  • Michelle ~ I hope you like Shinedown when you listen to them, I've been a fan of theirs since 2008 and I now own all of their albums to date. Yeah Purple is my favorite color also, along with Zebra colors,(black and white)

Laura ~ Yeah the purple fabric is gonna be mostly for the back but Im also gonna get extra to put some on the front too., I enjoyed doing WATP's, In fact I did the dvd again today and I'll do it again tonight, I didnt have time to go on my morning walk this morning so I did the WATP's dvd instead and its been too humid even in the early evening to go for my evening walk so I've just been doing the WATP's dvd.

Shad ~ Thanks, I'll be sure to post pictures of the quilt when I get a little farther along with it.

I got up at 8:00 AM and left to go to my doctor's appt. at 8:30 AM and then I was at my appt. from 9:15 am to almost 10 AM and then mom and I came back home and loaded up the car with the stuff I needed to take to school for tomorrow and then from there we went to my brother's to give my niece her birthday present and then we came home for a couple of hours and then we went to dinner at 3:30 PM and then we came back home at 5:00 PM.