July WATP Leslie Sansone

You're on Page 10 of 12
Go to
  • Do you think you'll ever move, Sharon?
  • Day off.
  • Home!
    It's not very clean here, so I think I am going to be cleaning for two days. May get a Leslie in later.

Carol, We would like to move but not sure if/when we will.
  • I did 4 miles last night, 2 miles in the morning and 2 miles in the evening and Im about to do it all over again, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.
  • Terra, you're doing great.
  • Good morning.
  • Morning!
    Yesterday, after doing tons of cleaning, it had rained and it was a little cooler outside (85). So I decided to walk/jog outside to see if I could do it in the heat. I went four miles but mostly walking because it was just so darn hot!

Today I woke up too late to exercise before breakfast, so I am going to do it after I do errands and grading for the online class I teach.
  • 2 mile walk
    4 mile party hiits
    Arms
    Abs
  • Morning!
    I just ordered her video, hope it comes in soon. I don't mind walking outside, but when it is 85 degrees and the humidity is even higher at 4:15 am, it can be quite unpleasant! So hopefully the videos can be both beneficial and done inside in the AirCondition!!
  • tamtam. You have a lot in common with Sharon. 3mi remix.
  • Thanks Carol
  • Hey TamTam - welcome!

So I just did my first Leslie in four weeks! I did the four mile power walk. I was afraid it wasn't going to be intense enough after all the jogging I did in CA. I have a Polar Heart Monitor so I put it on. I want my heart rate to be between 65-85% (according to the book Year Younger Next Year for Women). So at first it wasn't going up enough so I put on two pounds arm weights on each arm and it worked! I am totally sweaty, which is a good thing, and my heart rate was okay. The only thing is I need to go longer. The video was 57 minutes but I was only in the zone for 33 minutes - but I was just figuring it out the first time back. I now know to wear the weights earlier and to also step it up a little more. Also I saw this thing at Target that was a weight vest. I may look into that. Seems like it would hurt "my girls" though... not sure.

I am editing to add a weight vest I found that seems like it would be more comfortable: http://www.target.com/p/empower-weig...streviews-link
  • Quote: Hey TamTam - welcome!

So I just did my first Leslie in four weeks! I did the four mile power walk. I was afraid it wasn't going to be intense enough after all the jogging I did in CA. I have a Polar Heart Monitor so I put it on. I want my heart rate to be between 65-85% (according to the book Year Younger Next Year for Women). So at first it wasn't going up enough so I put on two pounds arm weights on each arm and it worked! I am totally sweaty, which is a good thing, and my heart rate was okay. The only thing is I need to go longer. The video was 57 minutes but I was only in the zone for 33 minutes - but I was just figuring it out the first time back. I now know to wear the weights earlier and to also step it up a little more. Also I saw this thing at Target that was a weight vest. I may look into that. Seems like it would hurt "my girls" though... not sure.
    Thanks for the Welcome! I got the beginner's version. I am really out of shape and overweight so I will have to start SLOW. What I like is that it can be done INDOORS in Air-conditioning!
  • Quote: Thanks for the Welcome! I got the beginner's version. I am really out of shape and overweight so I will have to start SLOW. What I like is that it can be done INDOORS in Air-conditioning!
    Well, I started a year ago with Leslie and lost 52 pounds in 7 months. More than I was even planning on or dreamed I could do! I did the Leslie videos 6 days a week. I started with one mile, but quickly jumped up to 3-4 miles a day. I'm in central FL and the weather is similar to LA so I know just what you mean. Doing it in the AC is awesome. Plus she is so motivating!
  • Quote: Well, I started a year ago with Leslie and lost 52 pounds in 7 months. More than I was even planning on or dreamed I could do! I did the Leslie videos 6 days a week. I started with one mile, but quickly jumped up to 3-4 miles a day. I'm in central FL and the weather is similar to LA so I know just what you mean. Doing it in the AC is awesome. Plus she is so motivating!
    Tomorrow I am off so I will go to youtube and try and do what I can and hopefully will be able to get to your level one day. Hubby and I started walking again (he was sick and we had stopped for 2 weeks due to rainy mornings) and I am sure that I DO NOT have to tell you how hot it is at 4:15am!