02 Regainers regaining control, and relosing

You're on Page 13 of 34
Go to
  • Quote:

I'll have to be careful. I was so intent on hitting that 299.8 number that I had to eat a PBJ *after* dinner because I was only up to right at 1000 calories, and that's just way too low for me, even though my dinner felt massive it wasn't as many calories as I normally have (660, vs 900ish) We had chicken breast, cut into strips and seasoned with a home-made taco seasoning (muuuuch lower sodium), and cooked in garlic infused oil (which I used because I realized my calories were low), with sliced onion and green pepper, then put in a low carb/high fiber wrap with salsa and cheese. I even used extra cheese! 2 big wraps netted me 70g protein and 21g fiber. I was REALLY FULL so hubby and I went for a walk a little later. Dodged some rain drops and I had a PBJ and ice cream sandwich later so I finished my day at just over 1500, instead of barely over 1000, when my daily goal (if I don't exercise) is 1700.
    I respect everyone's plan, and I respect that you are making great choices that are really working for you, so ignore my question if you prefer. But I am legitimately curious. And your dinner sounded A-MAZING, BTW.

Why is 1000 too low for a single day? Why eat calories that you don't want and don't need that aren't providing a lot of nutrition just to avoid a floor? I get that you want the average to be higher, and I know that it's hard to provide your body adequate nutrition at 1000 calories. I also know that some people believe in the starvation myth. But I just don't understand making yourself uncomfortable just to hit some sort of magical calorie floor every single day. There are times when it's hard not to go over, or where you choose to go over. Why can't occasional days under be part of the plan too? (On the other hand, if you just really wanted to enjoy a PBJ and ice cream sandwich, and loved being able to do it guilt-free, I totally get that!)
  • Laurie - A lot of times, you're right, one day of being low isn't a big deal. But I had to look at my *reasons* for being low. And I know myself well enough to know that the resulting drop after a super low day would somehow justify the low eating in my mind, resulting in a starve/binge cycle (I have a history of this). I didn't eat much through the day because I was thinking of food as the big, bad, evil and wanting to see the drop. I caught it, and so ate things to fit in my calories and macros (I was pretty low on carbs yesterday, so the bread -whole wheat- was the main reason for the sandwich, and the peanut butter was for the calories).

Also, I know myself well enough to know that if I didn't get enough calories in by the end of the day, I would have woken up mindlessly hungry and eaten accordingly. It was damage control, in a sense. Eat the calories in a controlled setting, even though I wasn't super hungry vs the potential for a mindless binge later because I was either REALLY hungry from not eating enough the day before OR from seeing the drop and eating lower than is healthy to see it drop faster.

I hope that answered your question.
  • See? This is why weight loss is so personal, and why the most critical component (in my mind) for weight control (both losing and maintaining) is to know what works for each of us. Absolutely. Your reasons 100% make sense. Thanks for indulging my curiosity.
  • Laurie: That's definitely the way to handle your trials in life, isn't it. I've been chronically depressed most of my life; I don't remember ever being really entirely happy as a child, even. So I'm taking great pride in the fact that I'm not in a giant hole of depression right now. I attribute part of it to my supplements and a huge part of it to my exercise and ability to realize that my marriage had to happen to make me as strong as I am today.

I was just thinking yesterday about how awesome a feeling it is when you hit that point of muscle fatigue after a workout. It can be one of the most satisfying feelings in the world to know that you have pushed yourself as hard as you possibly can. Congrats on the good news on the scale, by the way!

Diane: Keep strong in the face of the sweets. You are doing such a great job and while I have no problems with the occasional indulgence, if I'm going to eat cake, I'd rather it be cake that I made or bought so that I can be sure of just how many calories I'm consuming. Besides, if you make it yourself, you can use such a variety of vegetables in place of common ingredients that would beef up the calories that it's not even funny.

Uber: I'd like to potentially make enough from being a writer to make ends meet. And/or build a small client base for the company I get my supplements from. Right now, I don't really have the luxury of putting all of my eggs in those basket, though. That being said, I have already decided that as soon as I can reapply for student loans, I'll be enrolling in school again and go after a massage therapy degree. I've got a natural knack for it and it is something I greatly enjoy doing. Eventually, I trust that I will find myself in a situation where I can help people and live a life I love.

I can completely relate to your set point issue. In all my years, I've found that the 210-205 range is where I tend to stall at. I'm taking it a day at a time and hoping, desperately, that getting from 210 lbs down into Onederland will not be a huge, overwhelming, anxiety-ridden process. Trust that you will make it through your set point and promise me that when I get to mine you'll hit me upset the head if I start to panic.

I'd never thought about my weight experience getting crossed with my writer experience. I don't think that's something I'm going to have to worry about for a while. I still have a long way to go before my first manuscript is even close to being released to the public.

Taryl: It may be tough, but you are working hard to stick to your guns and stay healthy while bringing #5 into the world. That is all anyone can ask of you should take pride in your efforts. <3

Mandy: I don't know what to suggest... I don't have any plans for any of my goals reached at the moment. Aside from eventually getting to buy smaller pants because I can't go to work in something that's falling off, I really don't have the ability to justify anything else. Oddly enough, it's something I think I'm okay with for now. I do think I'm going to figure out some way to celebrate when I hit Onederland, though. It's too big of a goal for so many reasons to not celebrate it. Which means you need to figure something special out for Twoderville. Because it's too big a milestone to let it go uncelebrated in some way. As a fellow avid reader, I do suppose you could potentially allow yourself to get TWO books instead of one. A special edition hard cover maybe.

Mandy and Laurie: I think that's a fair question, Laurie. I think it's one of the things that frustrates me when people try to tell others you have to do this or that in order to achieve success. Like the people who make it seem like someone who isn't willing to cut out food groups some how doesn't have the willpower to succeed. I won't deny myself some sort of food group for the rest of my life. Doing it for a short time to achieve some sort of illusion of success is only going to blow up in my face in the long run. That's why I'm not doing it.

I'll admit that I, like Mandy, would have found something to eat to push me over 1000 calories. In many ways, the starvation myth is, in fact, a myth. In my case, however, it is an actuality. With my hypothyroidism, I know that if I'm not careful, my days will regularly drop too low and I will stop losing weight. More importantly, unless I'm consistently providing my body with good sources of nutrients and protein, all the working out I'm doing will be for naught. I've spent enough time tracking my calories over the years to know that while many may err on the side of too many, I have a terrible history of erring on the side of too few. So I do it to avoid potentially dangerous situations in regards to my individual body and metabolism.

I talked with one of the managers Sunday night, as did another of my co-workers. When we went in last night, she flagged us down and let us know that she'd talked with the store manager. Her stance is that the two most important groups of people in the store are the cashiers and freight and that with out the entire freight team working 20 hours a week there's just no way we'll be able to get everything down. Luckily, the store manager agreed and so myself and the two other people who'd been getting our hours cut to 16 per week have been bumped back up to a full 20 hours. Needless to say, I'm pretty pleased.

I'm also glad that I didn't let myself get excited about seeing 224.4 lbs yesterday. My official weigh-in today was 226.0 lbs. Down 34 lbs from my first official weigh-in on April 22nd and at least 10-20 lbs from my highest weight in December 2013. I didn't have a scale at the time, I borrowed one, and I can't remember exactly what the number was. I am so proud of how far I've come in that time. My mother gave me a t-shirt while I was down there that was so tight I was embarrassed to wear it. Now, I wear it regularly when I take Luna for her walks and it's so lose. I have a 2x-3x jacket that I got in November. It was the largest size they had and it barely zipped over my hips. I feel like I'm swimming in it now.
  • Hi everyone! I posted in the introductions thread so I won't repeat everything, but I am definitely a regainer, so I'd love to join you guys in support and encouragement. 3FC was a huge part of my 110-pound loss 7 years ago. So here I am, two babies and a 120-pound gain later. I'm taking it sloooooow this time. I don't care how long it takes to lose the weight. I just want to run races again!

I look forward to getting to know everyone.
  • Hello Everyone!

I went on my three-day weekend over a week ago. While I got some good exercise, my eating was off (and stayed that way for a couple of days after I returned). Vacations are always a struggle for me in terms of eating. I decided to weigh this week instead of weighing when I got back. I am down 4 pounds overall, so I feel good about that at least.

I have had internet problems at home so haven't been able to really check in here since my return from vacation, but am hoping that the problem gets fixed today, or at least in the next few days. In the meantime, I will check in from work, but not as frequently as I would like.

Welcome, LisaMarie. Glad you are here. Also, welcome to others who joined in the last 2 weeks. I look forward to getting to know you.

I am glad to be back!

Cheers,

LotusMama
  • Laurie - You are right. It's very different for everyone. And had it just been a busy day and I forgot to eat, then I might have let it go. But because earlier in the day I had actively avoided food when I was hungry because I knew a weigh in was coming, and I realized that I'd done that when I was preparing dinner... I decided to eat, and not allow that bad habit to take root. Happy to have indulged your curiosity. I don't mind answering a question when it's not posed in a OMG YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG type of insulting manner.

Jessica - YAY!! So glad you got your hours situation sorted out, and also that you saw a drop on the scale that you can be happy with, without reservation.

Hi Lisa! Welcome to our little group (though it seems to be getting bigger, I love our active group). You'll find lots of support and understanding here.

LotusMama - Welcome back!
  • Lisa: I've had a great deal of success using 3FC for moral support in the past, too. I've only been a member of this little thread for maybe a week now, but I'm so happy it was the one I decided to join. The girls here are great and it's been lovely being able to share this journey with others who really understand what I'm going through, again.

LotusMama: I hope you had a wonderful vacation! Sorry to hear about your internet problems and I look forward to getting to know you, too.

Mandy: It is always best to nip potentially bad habits in the bud. Good job with that! I'm equally pleased that I feel comfortable with the loss. It's a good feeling to have.

So, two things. First, side planks are the devil. I love them, but they're the devil. Of course, I pushed to 10 seconds on each side today. Nailed it! Second, I hate when people think they know more about my workouts than I do. My brother, I love him, asks me how I'm doing my planks. I told him standard top-of-pushup form. He gets this look on his face like I'm crazy and then shows me pictures of the cross-fit style elbow plank and tries to tell me I'm doing it wrong. No, no I'm not. I tend to plank in yoga/Pilates style because those were the exercise methods I first learned to plank in. Additionally, I tend to find that my shoulders are weaker than my arms making it more challenging for me to hold TOPP planks vs elbow planks and I enjoy the challenge.

Eventually I'd like to get to a point where I can run through planks in circuit. Start on elbow, up to TOPP, roll to TOPP side planks, back to TOPP, down to elbow, go through elbow side planks, etc. What'd be really awesome is to get it added into a full-on smooth motion yoga cycle. Yeah, I'm waiting for those days to come. Hm... maybe that's what I'll work on for my August Fitness Challenge, building up to that.
  • Lisa! So glad you decided to join us. You and Robin in particular were the two that I followed when I initially joined, and I remember asking you questions about running that allowed me to enjoy it as a form of exercise for the first time. It's harder with two babies, but you know how to do this, and I am excited to watch you succeed.

Jessica - I do elbow planks, and by the time I am done with my 90 seconds, almost every muscle on my body is shaking. I would be in awe of anyone who could do the plank circuit you describe.

Mandy - As always, I am impressed by your foresight. But can I say I am also impatient for your weight to drop below 300? Such a HUGE milestone. It's pretty great that you recognize that you need to focus on the big picture instead of immediate results, though. And it's totally working.

LotusMama - Good to see you back here. Wondered where you went, and hoped that you'd be back.

Diane - You said exactly what I was thinking. Having people go through this with me generates so many good ideas and thoughts I would never have considered. Side planks and thinking of food as my friend rather than enemy have been on my mind. Lisa's joining us helped me re-live my joy of discovering running. And you resisting the root beer floats while you barrel up to a huge milestone gives me someone to relate to as I struggle with work food. It's kind of awesome.

Uber - Those set points. No scientific data to support them (at least that I've seen), but such a common occurrence for people. I'm sorry you've smacked into one, but it will be so great to see you come through on the other side of it. And congratulations on the writing career. I have done freelance writing for a long time now, and have made a little bit of money from it, but it's wonderful to know someone who is succeeding at it.

Taryl - Staying on plan in the midst of constantly raging hormones and food cravings is tough. But you really do have your priorities straight. Baby first. Food plan second.

So, it seems like the husband has decided to lose weight with me. He won't admit it, but he's eating healthier food and smaller portions of it, and is exercising more frequently. And I don't like it at all. How stupid and selfish is that? He used to be a power lifter and has these amazing biceps and shoulders and back muscles. The only place he really carries any extra weight is his stomach and a bit in the hips. At most, he is 30 or 40 pounds overweight. With the amount of muscle he has, he will be able to make small adjustments and get the weight to come off much more quickly than I can, and he already has so much less to lose than I do. I don't want to be the fat girl with the buff guy, and I don't want to be in a competition I know I will lose. I especially don't want him to believe that he's losing faster than I am because he knows more about it than I do.

So, I am taking a deep breath. I do want him to be healthier. His healthier eating choices make things easier for me, and I enjoy hitting the gym with him. I am excited that his kids will receive the residual benefits from that. And I am telling my inner spoiled, selfish brat to just shut up. This is a good thing, and I will celebrate it as such.
  • Hi all!

LaurieDawn: Yeah, I wouldn't be thrilled with my husband joining in a weight loss challenge with me. He wouldn't anyway because he doesn't have a problem with it. My husband has a very physical job, and he stays fit. Over the winter sometimes, he'll get a bit of a tummy but then he just cuts back some on sodas and desserts and it goes away. Whatever.

Garnet: Yep, one of my least favorite things is when someone tells you how wrong you are with what you are doing. It sounds like you're getting better and better with what you are doing with your planks, so good job!

LotusMama: Welcome back! Glad you are getting your computer issues fixed.

LisaMarie: Welcome! You'll like this group. Lots of support here!

Mandy: It's really hard when you're so close to a goal weight to be patient about it. And, maybe there doesn't have to be a special "treat" for making it to the "290's". But do celebrate with us. That is a great decade drop! Congrats on the 30 pound mark! Nice!!!

Uber: Made it through the office celebration. It actually wasn't all that tempting to me. The cake was German chocolate and that just isn't one of my big temptations.

Not too much going on here. I am ready to be done with work this week. I'm anxious to get out of town for a few days, so that's all I got on my mind! I went to spin class today. It was probably the first time that I really didn't enjoy it. She didn't follow a program, just kind of making it up along the way, using the music from one program and the style of the other one. Ugh. That was not successful. It felt like just a chore, riding and riding and riding. Oh well. They can't all be perfect workouts.
  • Hi All
    Back again! Still need to get better about checking in every day...my days seem to just get away from me and then I read everything on my train commute and it's just such a pain to write an update from an iphone! ok so here goes while I try to back track as much as possible!

LaurieDawn - Take deep breaths. There are pros and cons to our partners doing things with us. My guy is not heavy, at 6'5" he weighs in at about 190 lbs (tall and lanky and somewhat squishy and not super buff toned). As much as it gets overwhelming being the CDO (chief domestic officer) and being in charge of feeding us I'm glad that he will eat everything that I cook without complaint and is on board with being partners in a healthy lifestyle however I HATE how easily he does things like say no to carbs and will instantly lose 5 lbs not even trying.

Garnetrising - I agree with you 100% that side planks are the devil. Even at my fittest it's one exercise I can never really do right. Stick with what you know and what you are being taught.

LotusMama - Vacations and travel in general is hard. You have to be able to live your life as well as a part of your plan so I say just be conscious and do the best you can. To come back from a vacation not all on plan and still be down 4lbs is awesome.

LisaMarie - WELCOME! This group is awesome!

Fera - you should do whatever works for you. You sound like you know your triggers and are doing your best to 'stay the course' It's a personal journey, do what is best for you for sure.

Uber - I have a weight too that I've spent more time around than any other one too....and it's the one I'm at right now and it's so hard trying to break through it. I'm similar to you regarding keeping your life separate - in my professional life I have a very public facing job and am 'easily searchable' so I tend to keep things separate. I debate when I get around to launching a blog I think I will use my real name but will probably avoid too many pictures of my face and probably wont be posting any comparison weight loss photos. My outline of what that blog will be is going to be more lifestyle focus with 'hey I lost weight' as a benefit and less here's a before and after shot of myself in my skivvies ... I don't need my clients, staff or business partners to ever see that! Also I live closer to Worcester and commute to downtown Boston every day...so if you lived up here you know the haul that can be... 1.5 hours each way of a driving/train/walking combo. I LOVE snow and winter and while I get a little weary of it come late January/February when those dark days start to weigh on you I would take a snowbank over humidity ANY day.

Ok I'm not sure how far back that takes me but it's getting difficult to backtrack further since my last post. So here is the update on me. 244. I'm sticking at 244. It's my 'stuck' weight that I need to get beyond so I'm setting a minim goal for 5lbs. I sooo just want to get under 240 and see a different middle number so I'm staying the course and will then take the next mini goal from there. I've been doing well for the most part with food and the gym. It's hot here again so I've been struggling a bit to get out of bed for my early morning workouts but on the flip side it's too hot to want to cook or eat so I'm staying pretty on track with calories....you know....save the absolutely necessary hot weather afternoon iced skim latte. It's been quiet at work and I don't have to travel again until mid August so my goal is to get below the 240 mark before I head to Toronto next month.

On the homestead front. Anyone that wants to pick my brain at any time is fine with me. I'm learning as I go. I did at least start a Weebly account so I can start to develop a blog. I've made it as far as registering. I am not good at catchy titles or tag lines (it's why I'm in sales and not marketing) so I'm open for suggestions while I sit here staring at a blank page. I want it to look nice and be good and since I could open the account and keep it free while I develop it and can pick my 'title' later I'm going to outline how to format it first and hope the name will come to me as I go.

Last weekend I went to the farm and picked 12.5lbs of blueberries... I think I figured out how to attach a photo to my post so I think it's thre. OMG they are just so good. I could eat blueberries all day. From that I got 4 pints of blueberry pie filling (which will get me through the holidays with ease since that is the only time of year I ever make pie), many jars of jam (which are also set for holiday gifts) as well as got a few pounds frozen for over winter use and a few trays dehydrating for over winter use (think throw in oatmeal). It took me all day but it was worth it. I also started canning some fresh fruit for over the winter...one of my jars broke and I'm not sure I packed the others full enough but hey, it's trial and error. I've got more squash and zucchini coming in than I can keep up with but unfortunately the groundhog got into my beans and ate them all so I'm waging war on the furry creature. I put a deposit on a half pig...yeah you heard me a half pig. We are going to do bulk buys for meat from local farms this year for the first time. Basically on the pig I'm paying a farmer to raise me a pig from a piglet (and send me updates if I want) that is all humane, naturally and organically raised etc. It will come fully butchered however we want it cut and we will be able to pick it up in February (the farm is just about an hour west of us so I'm hoping we won't have to pick up in a blizzard!). My parents are going to split it with us so we will probably have about 35-40lbs each which will last us a long time (in the deep freezer). We are trying to do the same for beef but I can't seem to get the farmer on the phone. Chickens are ongoing, I pick them up once a month until about October. Usually I'm trying to stock up for the winter but honestly I'm glad I've got a bit going on for the summer because my grocery store is on strike....I'm not sure how far in the media the 'Market Basket' strike in New England has made it but I'm in support of the employees and am holding ground with them and trying to shop elsewhere which means going way out of my way so unless I'm desperate for milk I'm not going. Anyway this is getting long winded so that's it for now. I will again try to get back here more regularly!!!!!!

• Oh my gosh, I just was in the middle of posting a long thread and suddenly the Internet ate it, so starting over.

Sunny: Those blueberries look divine, and your homesteading adventure is fascinating. That is definitely one of my big fantasies, although realistically DH, who grew up on a farm, would probably do ALL of the work, while I sat inside at the computer thinking about it. I am right there with you about being stuck at a certain weight. It is EASY to get discouraged and give at up points that make you feel like you are working so hard but haven't really gotten anywhere. I'm sure we'll both get there soon! It has to happen!

Laurie: I hear you about the DH. Mine hates sweets, never touches junk food, and happily eats my "diet meals" without complaint. In fact, I think he actually likes my "diet" cuisine better-- because I cook a lot of veggies and lean protein. He won't eat fatty stuff-- so my signature high calorie mac and cheese, for example, is something he doesn't like much. Sometimes I look at his plate and realize that he isn't eating any more than I am, and I feel bad, but in general, it's easier that way.

Diane: I'm intrigued with your tales of spin class. I've FINALLY finished the big project I was working on, and so today I start exercising! I've always been a solo exerciser-- weights, treadmill, and swimming, or walking or running outside. When I get back from vacation, I'm joining the gym, and I'm wondering if I should consider trying a class...it's mostly embarrassment and fear of buff other women that stops me, but also, I'm not particularly social and kind of enjoy working out alone...

LotusMama: Welcome back! I think that "pretty good" is good enough for a long weekend of travel. I agree that one of the most important things for all of us is to learn how to manage going in and out of our comfort zone without being derailed.

Jessica: Keep writing! I had to work and write for more than 10 years before I actually started making enough money to live on that income alone. And I know that I'm most likely one flop away from going back to the day job. I think most of the joy of writing comes from the work itself-- when $ comes it's an unexpected payoff!

Mandy: I'm right there with you on the "food is evil" and "less is more" front. I'm competitive and have a tendency to go to extremes, which is not helpful in dieting and does push me to binge. It's bad for me because I think I have a really slow metabolism and even when I tightly control my calories, I still lose really slowly.

Lisa: Welcome! I think I remember your name. I lost 110 in 2009-2010 and kept it off until 2012, but since then I have been cycling up and down the same 20 lbs without ever pushing back down. I'm finding this group super helpful for keeping me on track!

As for me? On the 261 trampoline, bouncing up and down from 261.2 to 261.4. Sigh. I'm hoping that one of these days I'll have a nice 2 lb whoosh and land at 259 without having to stop at 260 at all. I finished my big project and sent it off yesterday, and so now, and today I start exercising-- phase 2 of my plan.
  • Laurie: I know, right? I'm working up to it. It might take a little while, but I have faith I might just get there eventually. Aw, Laurie, I can understand being a little frustrated about the thought that he's going to drop his weight faster than you will but just keep thinking of the positives. The fact is that it may take you longer to get there, but your journey has contributed in at least some ways to inspiring him to make some healthy changes, too. Embrace that.

Diane: Ugh. That sounds like it would have been frustrating for anybody. You're right, though. Sometimes even the best of us have a workout that just feels like a bust. Hold on, the weekend is coming soon and hopefully your next workout will feel more productive and successful.

Sunny: I am seriously in envy of your access to all of those delicious fruits, vegetables, and meats. Getting hung up at a plateau is always difficult, especially when it's one you get hung up on often. Hang in there, stay the course, and you'll break through.

Uber: I've known I wanted to be an author since I was six. I've always been aware that big fame is rare and, generally, writing is just like any other day job. And I'm okay with that. The biggest obstacle for me and my writing is my struggle to produce perfection. I would get so terrified that I wasn't doing a concept justice that I'd find myself frozen in fear. Starting NaNoWriMo back in 2006 or 2007 has done wonders to help me overcome that, but it can still be debilitating on occasion.

One of these mornings you're gonna wake up and break through that bouncy 261 lb barrier. And when you do, we'll all be right here ready to cheer for your success.

As for me...
    Saw 225.2 lbs on the scale again this morning. Not gonna record it officially, but it’s nice to just put it on the unofficial record. Did twenty modified pushups all in one go this morning. My shoulders and chest are a bit sore this morning from all the workouts, but the pain will be worth it in the end.

Additionally, woke up to pouring rain. I’m not sure exactly when I might get a chance to take Luna for her walk, but I’ve got to make sure that I get it in. Even if I have to only do a single little loop. She needs her walk. I need the walk. I use the walk to work through things and to clear my mind and I feel like I'm going to need that today.
  • Thanks everyone for welcoming me back. I find everyone's insights to be so helpful. This is such a good group. 3FC was such a big part of my weight loss journey before because of the support I found in the forums.

Jessica--great progress with both your weight loss and your exercise!

Sunny--I love blueberries as well. Looks like you had a great crop of them!

Uber--here's hoping for that 2 pound whoosh soon.

I think that the internet issues may have resolved themselves today (finally) after a lot of headache and expense.

I have been walking about 4 miles a day for the last few days. When I lost weight before, walking was a big part of my early success. It is hard to get motivated, but once I start, I actually like it.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • LotusMama - Thanks for the welcome! And welcome back to you from vacation and internet problems! I always have internet problems because I live in the boonies.

FeraFilia - Thanks for welcoming me!

garnetrising - Glad to hear you've had success with 3FC too, and I'm glad to hear this thread is great! It certainly seems to be so far. I can't even imagine getting in a side plank at this point, by the way. I'm telling you, childbirth was not kind to my body. I'm all kinds of messed up!

Laurie - I remember Robin too! Is she still around? She and I were going through our journeys at around the same time. Don't get me started on the husband thing. Mine is rail thin but muscular and has never had an ounce of fat on his body. He's a runner and he's super speedy. I've had many people make snide remarks about why he's with me, since he's better looking than I am. Nice, huh? That was one thing that annoyed me when I lost all that weight and coached with him before. It was like people thought I finally "deserved" him. Ugh. Luckily he loves me no matter what and has NEVER said anything about my size in 21 years of marriage and lots of ups and downs (mostly ups)!

Slashnl - I think I remember your name from before. Have you been around for a while? I could be wrong!

Sunnymac - we were going to pick blueberries Friday on a playdate with some of my son's friends, but we're thinking it's too far to drive. I LOVE blueberries, though! I'm jealous of all those you picked!

ubergirl - thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be back!

I've done well today and yesterday. Got on the treadmill for 30 minutes both days and even managed to run very slowly for a couple of minutes today. My knee is screwy so I can't do too much yet at this weight. As for eating, I'm still eating a LOT more than I probably should, but I plan to take it really slowly this time and not put much pressure on myself. The first step for me is just being aware of what's going in my mouth. For ages now, I've just shoveled it in without thinking. Plus, my 5-month-old baby nurses constantly, and nursing makes me completely ravenous. That whole nursing-makes-you-lose-weight thing is BS.